Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » PC version of Anniversary... hmmm...
PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #69901] Tue, 17 December 2013 21:50 Go to next message
MysticSorrow is currently offline  MysticSorrow
I voted and saw that 84% also wanted it too. Do you think lionhead will actually fall through?

http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postst189_Fable-Anniversary-PC .aspx

#Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 December 2013 21:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #69902 is a reply to message #69901] Tue, 17 December 2013 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

No, they won't. Microsoft is too bitchy about piracy to let it happen. Nevermind that they'd get less pirates if they dropped some of their DRM, but try getting those dumbasses to see it that way.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #69903 is a reply to message #69901] Wed, 18 December 2013 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Polls are nice and informative but unfortunately Lionhead are not the people to be petitioning about this.

Since the word is that they have now retired the "FablEd" tools, they could release these to the modders. It would be a "nice" gesture on their part, but they do not owe us anything, they are a business.
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #69905 is a reply to message #69901] Wed, 18 December 2013 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MysticSorrow is currently offline  MysticSorrow
Oh, I see... I guess there really is no hope, although if Microsoft was so concerned about piracy, why is torrent software available on windows computers? People are gonna pirate no matter what, I'd buy a PC version if it came out Smile

#Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #69915 is a reply to message #69905] Fri, 20 December 2013 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too would buy it if it came out for PC, I'm sure many others would too! *insert obligatory Fry "Shut Up and Take My Money" GIF*

I wouldn't say there's no hope, just that the Anniversary team is relatively small and Microsoft chose to prioritise one platform, for various reasons.

If everyone who wants to play Anniversary and doesn't have a 360 badgers the right people, i.e; Microsoft UK and that demand is seen as significant, they would be stupid not to supply to that demand.

Here's an interesting thought, what would people prefer: The Fable "Nostalgia" team (as I'm calling them) working next on a PC port of Anniversary or Fable 2...?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 December 2013 09:18]

Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70187 is a reply to message #69901] Sat, 29 March 2014 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
if fable Anniversary is released on PC it can only HURT this site and fable modding as a whole , its just my opinion but seriously think about lion-heads history LION-HEAD DOES NOT SUPPORT MODDING, why do you guys think Oblivion and Skyrim have so many mods and a strong community its cuz Bethesda supports modding they even encourage it , If fable anniversary was released on PC it would probably be harder to mod it and the great archive of mods on this site would probably be incompatible with Fable anniversary,

Lionhead knows that it has hardcore fans like us that mod an play a game thats 10 years old and they never released a fable construction or mod utility for us to use , i dont want Fable:A and i hope they do not put it on PC , how about if they make a Fable mod manager like the ones on NEXUS and just make a fable graphics overhaul for us to download

even if i had to buy a fable mod manager for 60$ it would be worth it more than a pc port of a game i already own, it makes more sense cuz it would make fable modding more accessible to people that just want to play modded fable like yo bro yo yo yo

Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70189 is a reply to message #69915] Sat, 29 March 2014 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
id much rather have see them get fable2 on the pc finally , fable:A looks cartoony and makes me sick to my stomach fables graphics dont need to be changed i love them, just add more quests and more locations with Freeroam enabled , just my opinion i only speak for myself Razz

Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70225 is a reply to message #69915] Thu, 03 April 2014 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
CultOfByron wrote on Fri, 20 December 2013 12:17

Fable "Nostalgia"

Someone should make a project called Fable: Nostalgia...
Sounds like what I'm feeling now and also would make a nice name for a remake of Fable anniversary. I say someone should pick up where oogaboogabooga left off. Maybe I should give it a shot.

But I'm well known for abandoning projects...

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2014 07:23]

Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70227 is a reply to message #70187] Thu, 03 April 2014 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Sun, 30 March 2014 00:22

If fable anniversary was released on PC it would probably be harder to mod it and the great archive of mods on this site would probably be incompatible with Fable anniversary,

Just to nip this in the butt. I was able to open the bins, and wad files of F:A in Fable Explorer, the only issue I had was slight changes to some of the defs that can be corrected in the def.xml

There is no STB, and the assets are stored as slightly modified wads. I haven't pulled any assets out of the new wads yet to check the model/texture formats.

The F:A specific stuff is stored as unreal engine packages. Which can be decompiled back to their source assets. I was able to pull out several of the newer models and textures without 'too' much issue.

All in all, it's not as doom and gloom as you are expecting. This is looks like a quick cash in on the HD phenomenon with minimal code changes on the backend.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70228 is a reply to message #70227] Thu, 03 April 2014 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting, did you use umodel to decompile the .xxx files?

Also noticed a few interesting .tng files in the Levels folder but they didn't have corresponding .levs.
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70230 is a reply to message #70228] Thu, 03 April 2014 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
CultOfByron wrote on Thu, 03 April 2014 12:20

Interesting, did you use umodel to decompile the .xxx files?

Also noticed a few interesting .tng files in the Levels folder but they didn't have corresponding .levs.

Ya I think so.

Anything new is probably DLC related. That's also part of some of the game.bin defs that ended up getting changed.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70246 is a reply to message #70230] Fri, 04 April 2014 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
In FE it says it opens bbb files (.wad) so I changed the meshes.bbb to meshes.wad but no luck when trying to open it. Did the meshes you extracted include the bones and skinweights? Then we can just throw them into the current Fable, no?

Are you shpongled?
Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70247 is a reply to message #70246] Fri, 04 April 2014 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Sparrow wrote on Fri, 04 April 2014 02:52

In FE it says it opens bbb files (.wad) so I changed the meshes.bbb to meshes.wad but no luck when trying to open it.

No surprise. You could try renaming it to .big but my guess is the format is changed. For textures probably not too much, but I'm betting they changed up the way they handled collision, animations and models on a drastic level.

Did the meshes you extracted include the bones and skinweights? Then we can just throw them into the current Fable, no?

Nope. For the same reason. If they're using the exact same format, yes, but only if there's nothing silly like a platform flag. Even the smallest little change will break it, and make it so manual editing will be required to get it into FE and in a state that won't crash TLC.
Depending on how different the format is, it will require a conversion. Export from F:A, import to 3DS, export as DirectX, import to FE, which by itself rules out bringing over anything dynamic.

These are the stupidest limitations to be having. Back in the days of yore, the limitations were things like not being able to go over 255 of something, or only being able to have so many things on-screen at one time because the 333MHz cpus couldn't handle it. Now it's mostly formats and hardcoded hocus pocus. With the later Fable games it was sheer file structure madness, and the limitation was your hard drive's MFT. Can't wait to see what limitations there are on Anniversary.

Re: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm... [message #70249 is a reply to message #70247] Fri, 04 April 2014 06:21 Go to previous message

Administrator
xxNick wrote on Fri, 04 April 2014 05:31

In FE it says it opens bbb files (.wad) so I changed the meshes.bbb to meshes.wad but no luck when trying to open it.

No surprise. You could try renaming it to .big but my guess is the format is changed. For textures probably not too much, but I'm betting they changed up the way they handled collision, animations and models on a drastic level.

Did the meshes you extracted include the bones and skinweights? Then we can just throw them into the current Fable, no?

Nope. For the same reason. If they're using the exact same format, yes, but only if there's nothing silly like a platform flag. Even the smallest little change will break it, and make it so manual editing will be required to get it into FE and in a state that won't crash TLC.
Depending on how different the format is, it will require a conversion. Export from F:A, import to 3DS, export as DirectX, import to FE, which by itself rules out bringing over anything dynamic.

These are the stupidest limitations to be having. Back in the days of yore, the limitations were things like not being able to go over 255 of something, or only being able to have so many things on-screen at one time because the 333MHz cpus couldn't handle it. Now it's mostly formats and hardcoded hocus pocus. With the later Fable games it was sheer file structure madness, and the limitation was your hard drive's MFT. Can't wait to see what limitations there are on Anniversary.

They aren't drastic changes from what I've seen. Cbox opens the FinalAlbion.wad, and almost opens some of the smaller .bbb files. But the difference is enough that Cbox and FE can't properly parse them. I doubt it'll be that hard to fix. I haven't touched the Models or Textures yet, other than the unreal engine versions. And those are trivial and standardized.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Previous Topic: How high poly/quality can fable the lost chapters handle
Next Topic: Ted Timmins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:04:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01133 seconds