Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Infinite Avo's blessing & complete book quest
Infinite Avo's blessing & complete book quest [message #70004] Thu, 23 January 2014 06:47 Go to next message
Caim is currently offline  Caim
Hello there,

I have two requests I hope you'll be able to help me with.

First, my character is old, very old and I would like to come back to my 20's but already used the Avo & Skorm's blessings. I'm looking for a way to do it as much as I want (and, if possible, a way to edit the age reduction amount).

Then, my book quest is totally buged. I used so tools to edit merchants inventory to add all books but I couldn't buy any of them (I think that's because I already gave them to the teacher) and yet the quest doesn't want to finish (no silver key for me, woohoo!). Do you know how to edit the quest file to do so?

Thanks in advance for your answers, cordially.
Re: Infinite Avo's blessing & complete book quest [message #70005 is a reply to message #70004] Thu, 23 January 2014 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

You can always get the gift of youth, period. It doesn't go away. As for increasing how much of your age is reduced, I'd try looking at the cutscene for the gift of youth. Try using Baystone's Cutscene Editor.

As for the book quest. Have you tried... I dunno, loading an earlier save? Replacing the files you changed with your backups(assuming you made any)? Because I guarantee you, "editing the quest file"(note for future references that quests aren't handled quite that way) won't do a damn thing, except maybe screw things up even more.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Infinite Avo's blessing & complete book quest [message #70006 is a reply to message #70005] Thu, 23 January 2014 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Tutorial thread on how to easily remove old age:
[Hero] Remove Old age effects

Here is a list of all 25 books needed for the quest, spawn them and try to give them to the teacher:
Toggle Spoiler

Re: Infinite Avo's blessing & complete book quest [message #70010 is a reply to message #70006] Sun, 26 January 2014 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caim is currently offline  Caim
I already tried modifying the game to collect the books but it seems that I already have them all so I think the quest is bugged. I will try to start a new game in order to see if that comes from my game or not.

Something else : do you know under which ID is registered the boy (James) during the hobbe cave quest?
Re: Infinite Avo's blessing & complete book quest [message #70017 is a reply to message #70010] Tue, 28 January 2014 11:41 Go to previous message
Dr3am3r21 is currently offline  Dr3am3r21
you could use a game trainer for fable in order to change your age

Mod FTW!!! :D
Cpt Dreamer Designs
http://i42.tinypic.com/33ushnt.jpg
Previous Topic: Request - Trainer that works with Steam Version
Next Topic: Request - Separate controls for block/roll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:24:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01241 seconds