Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » How to add weapons to fable?
How to add weapons to fable? [message #70039] Sun, 09 February 2014 20:12 Go to next message
QueeFacism is currently offline  QueeFacism
i dont know if this is the right section to put this.

anyway ive made a weapon from a movie which i havent finished colouring or modeling(just have basic model for it right now) but i dont know how to add it to fable tlc to use/test. can sumone explain or link me to somthing?
using wings3d for modeling and photoshop extended for colouring.

http://i.imgur.com/5on3Z2t.png

http://i.imgur.com/yuYx74Q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1Q8MNOO.png

Edit: i made this weapon more for myself to play with but if anyone else wants after ive finished it then ill add it.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 February 2014 20:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to add weapons to fable? [message #70040 is a reply to message #70039] Mon, 10 February 2014 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I'd reccomend you use the tutorial linked in the topic here. That is specifically for Blender. 3DS Max and Blender are probably the two best programs for getting weapons into Fable(Blender falls far behind the competition in terms of getting clothing into the game), and Blender's only up there because Morerunes went through the trouble of making empty meshes that would be recognized by a DirectX file as helpers, and then putting them with the Steel Katana(the Steel Katana used as a reference for scale and position) in a wonderful .blend file for anyone to use as a template.

As for tutorials on how to do this with 3DS, I have absolutely no idea. There had been a rather extensive text tutorial regarding helpers and hierarchy, yet I can't seem to find it, even after half an hour of searching.

Anywho, whenever you've scaled it up(or down), and positioned it appropriately, make sure that the origin of all parts is at 0,0,0. Fable loves to glitch the weapon out if it's not.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How to add weapons to fable? [message #70046 is a reply to message #70040] Mon, 10 February 2014 04:29 Go to previous message
QueeFacism is currently offline  QueeFacism
thanks for ur help. ill get blender and try it out because i probally wont be going for clothing.
Previous Topic: Trying to get Shadownet working on Steam Version
Next Topic: Solus Greatsword
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:32:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01178 seconds