Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Solus Greatsword
Solus Greatsword [message #70059] Sat, 15 February 2014 04:50 Go to next message
7vincent7black7 is currently offline  7vincent7black7
Greatings, if you have entered this thread there is a chance you have become a Pioneer of the Internet! Wear a medal. You deserve it. Very Happy

I've looked everywhere on the internet, and I cannot find in Fable Explorer or anywhere else the OBJECT name or id number of the Solus Greatsword.

Btw, I use paragraphs to sorta separate my trains of thoughts as they separate because I'm verbose and long worded.

Now, I've been in OBJECT and 3/4 of the way down where nearly every weapon is listed, but it seems most of those are just the basic weapon familys. (Iron, Steel, Ebony, Crystal, etc.) With a frying pan, lute, and a sword of Aeons or three tossed in there.

So, uh, I"m not happy buying Solus Greatsword, and not being able to augment at least once an augment of my choosing simply because I had morals and had Lady Grey locked up. Anyone able to tell me the name and number to look for? There's nothing on Google or Youtube. Confused
Re: Solus Greatsword [message #70063 is a reply to message #70059] Sat, 15 February 2014 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

The object name is going to look like this: OBJECT_WEAPON_LEGENDARY_GREATSWORD_1(or 2. One of them is the Bereaver, the other is the Solus Greatsword.) So, yeah. Just look through the legendary weapons area of your object listings.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Solus Greatsword [message #70065 is a reply to message #70063] Sat, 15 February 2014 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you. Very Happy I was looking at augments hoping to find one that said 0 available and 3 augments with the 3 you automatically get, but no such luck there.

Update: I probably just can't find it because i"m a dude. I can't get a spoiler button working because I never remember the code, but I'm gonna post a photobucket link to a screenie of what I see in ShadowNet FE.

linkey-link:

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd478/7vincent7black7/Ca pture_zps5ff8a9e8.png

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2014 07:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Solus Greatsword [message #70066 is a reply to message #70065] Sat, 15 February 2014 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ah, my mistake. They're the LEGENDARY_BROADSWORD entries. Been a while since I used FE, so I couldn't remember the entries right off the top of my head.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Solus Greatsword [message #70067 is a reply to message #70066] Sat, 15 February 2014 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thanks. Very Happy I was wondering at those since I had never seen a "broadsword" in-game.

[Update: Unfortunately those don't seem to be it for this one either. I'm perplexed because it seems NONE of the legendary weapons seem to match or affect Solus GreatSword, and I've poked around at the other weapon sword IDs also.]

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2014 09:08]

Re: Solus Greatsword [message #70069 is a reply to message #70067] Sat, 15 February 2014 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you positive about that? There's only two legendary greatswords in the game. Confused Check what graphic entries they link to.

To do so, double click on whichever object entry you're wanting to look at, and click on OBJECT(not on the plus beside it). Scroll down until you find the section labeled, "Graphic". See the link where it links to a graphics.big entry? Click that, and it'll bring up the preview window. Tadaa! You can now check to see if what you're looking for is right in front of your face.

Re: Solus Greatsword [message #70070 is a reply to message #70069] Sat, 15 February 2014 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know, it was only yesterday the thought of modifying anything in this game terrified me. :3 I guess that's just the learning curve. You are some kind of genius, you know that? Smile

Okay, so the OBJECT_LEGENDARY (i.e. 01 not 02 in the symbol name insertion line of the Graphic window) is definitely a Solus Greatsword. I probably did something wrong when I tried to give it augmentation slots.

What I am seeing is that when i get to the box labeled CObjectAugmentationDef:

There are 2 blue hyperlinks. The smaller one on top of the other takes to the actual augmentation window, and the longer blue one on bottom seems to loop back to the same object on a new page.

Okay, I found a bit named 3f038d31 - InitialAugmentations that defines there are 3 augmentations at the start, and tells which augmentations those are.

These 3 augmentations show up in the weapon, but there is no option to add more. This confuses me because 56337223- Available Augmentations has a number of 5 available slots.

That, and 953228ee - Useable Augmentations referse to

"useable Augmentation Slots: 2"
____________________________________________________________ _____

Okay, part of my problem has been the "Usable Augmentation" bit. That one defines how many slots are useable by the game.

The Avialable slots seem to define how many total can exist by the developer's hands, but may not necessarily define how many will be left over.

Ifyou set the "Usable Augmentations" to a lower value than "Available Augmentations" then the number of augmentations that actually show up will be numbered by the Usable.

Say you have 5 augmentations. If you set Usable to 2 assuming, like me, that there would be 2 slots reserved to be filled by the player's choices, then only 2 augmentations would show up on the weapon AT ALL.

And which augmentations would show up assuming that the weapon has 3 or more predefined augmentations?

That bit of information is defined a few bits down the list by the "Initial Augmentations.

Here is a bit packet, or piece of the bit packet, however the lingo goes, that says how many initial augmentations will exist in TOTAL. Both Augments that have been pre-placed, and I believe EMPTY SLOTS.

Meaning, if you set the usable Augmentations to 3, and had only 2 Initial Augmentations, only 2 Slots would show up.

BUT

If you set the Usable Augmentations to 3, AND had 2 predefined Augmentations added to the Augmentation Template part of the bit packet with the addition of a blank one that is left undefined, I THINK, it's possible that will add the ability for the User to augment one slot of his or her own.

Very Happy

That's what I am getting from tinkering around right now. I have made there be 3 sharpening and one Silver Augmentation as initial predefined slots, and I haven't tested whether or not a blank slot added means I can add my own augmentation, but that is the theory. I would have to incorporate that into the Usable and Available bit items on the list, ensuring they all add up together as 5 Usable, 5 available, and 5 initial, pre-defined or not. Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2014 13:00]

Re: Solus Greatsword [message #70071 is a reply to message #70070] Sat, 15 February 2014 17:06 Go to previous message

7vincent7black7 wrote on Sat, 15 February 2014 15:01

You are some kind of genius, you know that? Smile

No, I'm not. I just spent nearly two years(would've been more, but I lost disc 1 back in 2011) modding this glorious game. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect. Shame I never got quite to perfection. Also, another great way to confirm the identity of an item is by its CInventoryItemDef, which links to the title and description of the weapon as they're listed in text.big.

Previous Topic: How to add weapons to fable?
Next Topic: Explanation Needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:01:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01359 seconds