Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » WIP Updating the def.xml
WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70104] Mon, 10 March 2014 10:32 Go to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I'm in the process of updating the def.xml using the Fable Anniversary uncompiled defs.

This shines a ton of light on some of the options that we didn't know about.
  • Attachment: def.xml
    (Size: 794.53KB, Downloaded 1365 times)

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2014 19:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70106 is a reply to message #70104] Mon, 10 March 2014 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Thanks for working on this and sharing it with us.

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70107 is a reply to message #70104] Tue, 11 March 2014 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Yes, thanks a lot for this.

I was hoping that the release of Anniversary, even if it stays Xbox only, would open up more modding possibilities for TLC.

I did notice that a lot of the old folder architecture is there in the game files, however the bulk of the level information seems to now be in the .xxx Unreal engine format (as was to be expected) along with all the updated meshes and textures.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70108 is a reply to message #70107] Tue, 11 March 2014 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
CultOfByron wrote on Tue, 11 March 2014 07:31

Yes, thanks a lot for this.

I was hoping that the release of Anniversary, even if it stays Xbox only, would open up more modding possibilities for TLC.

I did notice that a lot of the old folder architecture is there in the game files, however the bulk of the level information seems to now be in the .xxx Unreal engine format (as was to be expected) along with all the updated meshes and textures.

Yep. I noticed a distinct lack of levels.stb. But that won't matter much for us. The only thing we can hope for other than it coming to PC is information on what we already have.

Edit: Though I may take a look at the texture and model formats real quick. From the object files it looks like they made hero suits from all the rival heroes and enemies.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2014 08:28]

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70110 is a reply to message #70104] Tue, 11 March 2014 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2014 15:33]

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70115 is a reply to message #70104] Wed, 12 March 2014 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
[Updated on: Wed, 12 March 2014 14:41]

I'm trying to also remove the unknowns from the members of each option as well. Usually by replacing it with _, TRUE|FALSE, or 'needslinking'.

The options that need linking (that aren't already) are from the bigs, bins, or headers. It would slow me down immensely if I took the time to look up what type of link each one was, so I'll do it later. Smile

Just be aware that if an entry says 'needslinking' that it's a reference.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70118 is a reply to message #70104] Fri, 14 March 2014 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
[Updated on: Fri, 14 March 2014 11:25]

Bunch of work on special abilities.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70136 is a reply to message #70104] Mon, 17 March 2014 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
[Updated on: Mon, 17 March 2014 14:46]

You know... Several years ago when I originally worked on this I looked at all the special ability unknowns and I said to myself, "Keshire, there's no way we'll ever figure these out."

So I just copied and pasted all of them in alphabetical order by CRC. Fast forward to present day me trying to match up what's in the uncompiled defs with our xml.

"Keshire, wtf were you doing?"

I also filled in a few other straggling cdefs here and there. I haven't been brave enough to go after the UI stuff yet. But I'll get there.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 March 2014 18:41]

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70137 is a reply to message #70104] Mon, 17 March 2014 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
This is promising Keshire.

I assume that if PC gets a port most of our tools will be semi if not fully usable?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70138 is a reply to message #70137] Mon, 17 March 2014 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Zyreq wrote on Mon, 17 March 2014 19:00

This is promising Keshire.

I assume that if PC gets a port most of our tools will be semi if not fully usable?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

The bins are the same format (they open in FableExplorer). There doesn't seem to be any big formats. And the bbb (.bbb and .wad) are different. I haven't had a chance to manually grab anything out of them to check textures and models yet. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70139 is a reply to message #70138] Mon, 17 March 2014 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Assuming that the formats in that regard were figured out, would it be possible to export all the nice, new, higher quality stuff from Anniversary and import it into TLC, effectively creating a PC version of Anniversary(minus achievements and other such things)?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70140 is a reply to message #70139] Mon, 17 March 2014 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
asmcint wrote on Mon, 17 March 2014 21:42

Assuming that the formats in that regard were figured out, would it be possible to export all the nice, new, higher quality stuff from Anniversary and import it into TLC, effectively creating a PC version of Anniversary(minus achievements and other such things)?

I can't see why not. But, I couldn't find the dlc stuff, so it might be tied up in the unreal engine files (compressed) sitting outside the main directory. Or it's a separate download that I haven't seen.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70141 is a reply to message #70140] Tue, 18 March 2014 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most unreal models and textures can be extracted using this:

http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

Love to know where the heightmaps are kept this time around since there's no .stb *goes back to flogging that dead horse*

Thanks again Keshire for all you're doing with this!
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70142 is a reply to message #70141] Tue, 18 March 2014 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

CultOfByron wrote on Tue, 18 March 2014 06:26

Love to know where the heightmaps are kept this time around since there's no .stb *goes back to flogging that dead horse*

Flog it some more! It clearly hasn't been chastised enough, else it would've made a noise by now!

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70144 is a reply to message #70142] Tue, 18 March 2014 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
asmcint wrote on Tue, 18 March 2014 07:50

CultOfByron wrote on Tue, 18 March 2014 06:26

Flog it some more! It clearly hasn't been chastised enough, else it would've made a noise by now!

Most likely they either let the .lev's handle it, or moved them into the unreal files. The level textures and some of the building meshes I know are in the unreal engine files. I couldn't find the rival hero outfits I saw listed in the bins. But I did pull out the updated hero and textures, as well as the chicken hammer, and golden sword dlcs.

Getting the updated hero mesh into the game might be a bit problematic considering skin weights and all.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70145 is a reply to message #70144] Tue, 18 March 2014 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Assuming FA gets a PC port, would it be easy trying to replace the new hero with the old? I'm not a fan of the current face(most of the community isn't) so replacing it would be great

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70146 is a reply to message #70145] Tue, 18 March 2014 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Zyreq wrote on Tue, 18 March 2014 09:56

Assuming FA gets a PC port, would it be easy trying to replace the new hero with the old? I'm not a fan of the current face(most of the community isn't) so replacing it would be great

Well I can't say it's impossible. But I really have no idea until I have the game in my hands. And I can't test it on the x360 because I don't have one. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70149 is a reply to message #70104] Wed, 19 March 2014 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2014 23:29]

Not as much done as the previous times. Removed a bunch of dupes, and broke the ShaveHaPenny def in the process.

The dupes and collisions that exist currently are these two examples:

controlABC
controlABC[array]

and

Graphic.BankIndex with one pointed at textures and the other models.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70162 is a reply to message #70104] Thu, 27 March 2014 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
[Updated on: Thu, 27 March 2014 16:41]

Ugh. Crapload of work. Got all/most the control names for the PLAYER_GUI. That should make altering the hud pretty easy.

There's still some stuff I didn't get a chance to do. Namely links, and a few of the datatypes at the end are incorrect. A bunch of the colour entries are ints when they should be 4 bytes (RGBA).

On the positive side though I fixed the def for it so the other half of the entries that were commented out now work. The editable section of the PLAYER_GUI has basically doubled.

I put a lot of work into the UI def as well. But there's still an entry that pops up that is unicode that FableExplorer can't handle.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70163 is a reply to message #70104] Thu, 27 March 2014 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
This thread made me register. Last time I was here was as a leech back in 2006 and possibilities were extremely limited back then. Now. Now we're talking. Updated def.xml, extremely useful.
I have a small group of contacts who, along with myself, are semi-proficient at poking around with file formats as well as stuff of this nature. We're not pros or experts by a long shot, but we'd be happy to lend a hand where ever we can. Let me know what we can do. Smile

Post edit - now I see why they call it unicode hell. Yep, not sure what you can do about that one except add a unicode datatype to FE. A double-null terminated unicode string. Since there's nothing to define string length, or offset of the next control. Short of that, you could use the already existing datatypes to create a hackish "one size fits the lion's share of entries" sort of thing... but then I suppose that's already being done, entries with no text work just fine. XD

Who are the coders in this joint? I know there can't be many, programmers and coders for projects of this nature are in high demand and short supply these days.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 March 2014 19:56]

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70167 is a reply to message #70163] Fri, 28 March 2014 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
xxNick wrote on Thu, 27 March 2014 21:35

This thread made me register. Last time I was here was as a leech back in 2006 and possibilities were extremely limited back then. Now. Now we're talking. Updated def.xml, extremely useful.
I have a small group of contacts who, along with myself, are semi-proficient at poking around with file formats as well as stuff of this nature. We're not pros or experts by a long shot, but we'd be happy to lend a hand where ever we can. Let me know what we can do. Smile

Post edit - now I see why they call it unicode hell. Yep, not sure what you can do about that one except add a unicode datatype to FE. A double-null terminated unicode string. Since there's nothing to define string length, or offset of the next control. Short of that, you could use the already existing datatypes to create a hackish "one size fits the lion's share of entries" sort of thing... but then I suppose that's already being done, entries with no text work just fine. XD

Who are the coders in this joint? I know there can't be many, programmers and coders for projects of this nature are in high demand and short supply these days.

Yep, those unicode entries came up near the end of when Hunter was writing Fable Explorer and never made it in. So right now any def that uses them are broken. As far as coders go, I'm not sure. I switched over to mostly lurker mode and occasionally pop in when I see something interesting.

The same goes for the Fable 3 side. But if you want to have a go at coming in and rounding off some of the code and cleaning things up, have at it. There's still some activity here.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70169 is a reply to message #70167] Fri, 28 March 2014 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just avoid touching the .stb for as long as possible. No point in just frivolously throwing your sanity away, after all.

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70170 is a reply to message #70167] Fri, 28 March 2014 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 08:02

Yep, those unicode entries came up near the end of when Hunter was writing Fable Explorer and never made it in. So right now any def that uses them are broken. As far as coders go, I'm not sure. I switched over to mostly lurker mode and occasionally pop in when I see something interesting.

The same goes for the Fable 3 side. But if you want to have a go at coming in and rounding off some of the code and cleaning things up, have at it. There's still some activity here.

Good to hear. I'll see what we can do within the scope of our admittedly limited skill.

asmcint wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 08:48

Just avoid touching the .stb for as long as possible. No point in just frivolously throwing your sanity away, after all.

Further emphasizing limited skill. It looks like you guys have the stb mostly figured out anyway. It's basically the same as the wad and big formats, just with some extra funky entry content. Even then you have most of that sorted, it's just one piece of the puzzle missing. The docs you guys have in the wiki is exemplary, and truly that format is just one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Not surprising to find its absence from the Anniversary edition.

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70171 is a reply to message #70104] Fri, 28 March 2014 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
[Updated on: Fri, 28 March 2014 15:02]

Most of INVENTORY_TYPE is complete. There's a block still missing. I'll have to track down the def that uses those entries. It's possible Fable Anniversary eliminated whatever menu it was pointing at. I've already seen a few changes here and there to the def formats.

This Def type in particular is a very good example of the crazyness that is the bin databases. All the INVENTORY_TYPE's share all the properties even if they don't use them.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70172 is a reply to message #70170] Fri, 28 March 2014 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

xxNick wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 13:32

The docs you guys have in the wiki is exemplary, and truly that format is just one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Not surprising to find its absence from the Anniversary edition.

But its absence begs the question as to how they went about dealing with heightmaps and various other level information.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 March 2014 13:10]

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70173 is a reply to message #70171] Fri, 28 March 2014 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 15:06

This Def type in particular is a very good example of the crazyness that is the bin databases. All the INVENTORY_TYPE's share all the properties even if they don't use them.

The whole thing is bonkers. I'm not in game design, and I often get tossed slack for criticizing people who are due to my lack of background in design, but I can't imagine any scenario where it would have been more difficult to create things like weapon entries, armor entries, misc item entries, all apart from each other without having to rely on the CDefs to get the game to tell one apart from the other. I want to meet the guy who thought that was better and/or easier.

asmcint wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 15:08

But its absence begs the question as to how they went about dealing with heightmaps and various other level information.

Well, the heightmap, the thing the Hero walks on, isn't in the stb at all. The stb is just the stuff you see. What defines a piece of the map as walkable, the height at which the player stands on it, whether or not it's water, if the camera can go through it, all that's in the wad. Totally different lev format at play, not quite as bananas but still pretty ape.

As Keshire said, in the absence of the stb, all (pfft, "all") they'd have to do is define the terrain and flora and water somewhere else, tng scripts perhaps. Just the stuff you see. Not really a small task, but perhaps it was done in such a way that we will be able to edit it. In which case, it is a very good thing.

Not sure the map tngs would be a good way to do it though, as map editing would then become way more tedious. But, I don't know. We'll find out eventually. Hopefully we stand to gain and benefit from the changes.

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70174 is a reply to message #70172] Fri, 28 March 2014 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
asmcint wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 15:08

xxNick wrote on Fri, 28 March 2014 13:32

The docs you guys have in the wiki is exemplary, and truly that format is just one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Not surprising to find its absence from the Anniversary edition.

That's in the .Lev files. The .Levs are pretty much the collision mesh. The STB is the graphics. But they stored them as texture coordinates like a mesh would.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70193 is a reply to message #70104] Sun, 30 March 2014 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just something for your next update.
As is, links to names.bin. Seriously, awesome work you've done here.
    <Control name="RewardObjects" id="1FDE245A">
      <Member name="RewardObjects" type="int" />
      <Array name="RewardObjects[i]" elementcount="RewardObjects">
        <Member name="_" type="int">
          <Link to="GameBinEntryID" restriction="^OBJECT$" />
        </Member>
      </Array>
    </Control>

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70209 is a reply to message #70193] Tue, 01 April 2014 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
xxNick wrote on Sun, 30 March 2014 13:01

Just something for your next update.
As is, links to names.bin. Seriously, awesome work you've done here.
    <Control name="RewardObjects" id="1FDE245A">
      <Member name="RewardObjects" type="int" />
      <Array name="RewardObjects[i]" elementcount="RewardObjects">
        <Member name="_" type="int">
          <Link to="GameBinEntryID" restriction="^OBJECT$" />
        </Member>
      </Array>
    </Control>

Completely forgot about this. I'll start throwing the links in sometime soon. I think I've got the vast majority of unknowns listed.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2014 21:42]
Since chocolatebox uses strict xml formatting I had to do some massive formatting changes. This thankfully reduced the filesize by quite a bit.

Granted the xml linked in the first post isn't cbox compatible, it's an easy fix.

<FableExplorerDefinitionListing xmlns="Fable" xmlns:xsi="Fable" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:def.xsd">

</FableExplorerDefinitionListing>

to

<DefinitionListing xmlns="Fable" xmlns:xsi="Fable" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:def.xsd" xmlns:n1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" n1:schemaLocation="Fable def.xsd">

</DefinitionListing>

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70211 is a reply to message #70104] Wed, 02 April 2014 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
i tried to update the defs by replaceing the def in my Shadownet folder with the new anniversary def but when i clicked creatures none of the files or lists showed up? where do i put the new def?

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70212 is a reply to message #70211] Wed, 02 April 2014 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anniversary def? If you mean the def.xml in the first post there, you put it in the right place. Try clicking the plus sign to the left of whatever you're clicking. It's a tree-view.

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70213 is a reply to message #70104] Wed, 02 April 2014 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
One thing that's always bothered me was the seemingly random CRC's at the end of some of the arrays. At least I think they are CRCs.
Quote:

CE6CAB01
EE6CAB01
326DAB01

The main one that comes to mind is the very first one that's tied to the Components.

<!-- Only Instance of this Hack I hope I have to use... -->
			<Member name="CE6CAB01" type="uint" comments="Don't Edit me! I'm a hack!"/>

I've found a couple more as I was doing all this too. I'm beginning to think they are related to any def that use the .Add() function as a way of ending the array.

There's going to be a few problems if that's the case, it's going to require some rearranging of data.

For instance, this
    <Control name="Expressions" id="F0F1CA81">
      <Member name="unknown" type="int" />
      <Array name="unknown" elementcount="unknown">
        <Member name="EExpressionType" type="int" />
        <Member name="EExpressionType" type="int" />
        <Member name="Animations" type="int">
          <Link to="ModelID" />
        </Member>
      </Array>
    </Control>
    <Control name="unknown" id="326DAB01">
      <Member name="50A4BFB3 - Stats" type="uint" />
    </Control>
    <Control name="MoralityForKill" id="0980BB37">
    </Control>
    <Control name="MoralityForPunch" id="5B6C61B3">
    </Control>
    <Control name="MoralityForWeaponHit" id="9ABB98EC">
    </Control>
    <Control name="ExperienceWorth" id="4A683826">
    </Control>
    <Control name="RenownWorth" id="57DE7E27">

became this
		<Control name="Expressions" id="F0F1CA81">
			<Member name="unknown" type="int"/>
			<Array name="unknown" elementcount="unknown">
				<Member name="EExpressionType" type="int"/>
				<Member name="EExpressionType" type="int"/>
				<Member name="Animations" type="int">
					<Link to="ModelID"/>
				</Member>
			</Array>
			<Member name="CRC?? - 326DAB01" type="int"/>
		</Control>
		<Control name="Stats" id="B3BFA450">
			<Member name="CRC - MoralityForKill" type="int"/>
			<Member name="_" type="int"/>
			<Member name="CRC - MoralityForPunch" type="int"/>
			<Member name="CRC - MoralityForWeaponHit" type="int"/>
			<Member name="CRC - ExperienceWorth" type="int"/>
			<Member name="CRC - RenownWorth" type="int"/>
		</Control>

Because for CCreatureDef these were Stats.MoralityForKill = int

I had to leave duplicates for those in because CCreatureStatsDef uses them on their own.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70216 is a reply to message #70104] Wed, 02 April 2014 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LittleV is currently offline  LittleV
Keshire, not to bother but I just wanted to add my support. Maybe you guys forget how many, many, many of us are on the sidelines watching, downloading, leeching, as they say. I'm a big fan of modding, but not being a coder or anything, I can do very little more than mod my own game and play around with files. The little grunt work we do is nothing compared to the stuff you, Oldboy, JohnDoe, Hunter, and all you guys did, so I just wanted to add my thanks, and ask you keep up the amazing job for those of us who'd take a hundred times longer to do a tenth of the work.

Excelsior, bitches. And thanks again.

V

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70217 is a reply to message #70212] Wed, 02 April 2014 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
yeah when i click tree view it only shows top of the window that has .viewdata .export .import .applychanges and everything under it is gone so i cant edit anything , is this def.xml Shadownet compatible? when i put the old def it works again but if i add the undated def it show no info , am i supposed to merg the defs ?

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70218 is a reply to message #70216] Wed, 02 April 2014 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LittleV wrote on Wed, 02 April 2014 10:43

Keshire, not to bother but I just wanted to add my support. Maybe you guys forget how many, many, many of us are on the sidelines watching, downloading, leeching, as they say. I'm a big fan of modding, but not being a coder or anything, I can do very little more than mod my own game and play around with files. The little grunt work we do is nothing compared to the stuff you, Oldboy, JohnDoe, Hunter, and all you guys did, so I just wanted to add my thanks, and ask you keep up the amazing job for those of us who'd take a hundred times longer to do a tenth of the work.

Excelsior, bitches. And thanks again.

V

^This^

I'm no coder, but if there's anything I can do to help, I'd like to offer my time too.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70223 is a reply to message #70217] Wed, 02 April 2014 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e wrote on Wed, 02 April 2014 14:12

yeah when i click tree view it only shows top of the window that has .viewdata .export .import .applychanges and everything under it is gone so i cant edit anything , is this def.xml Shadownet compatible? when i put the old def it works again but if i add the undated def it show no info , am i supposed to merg the defs ?

I'll look into it. Could be an issue with the def itself. A syntax error maybe, or something got messed up when Kesh made it CBox-ready. In the meantime you can change the first line as Kesh instructed to make it work with CBox and use that for edits in the meantime. Or, I don't know. We'll figure something out brother, don't worry about it.

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70226 is a reply to message #70223] Thu, 03 April 2014 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Weird. Did I break the linked one in the first post? I checked it in FE:shadownet before uploading it.

I'll take a look at it tonight when I get off work.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70238 is a reply to message #70217] Thu, 03 April 2014 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Wed, 02 April 2014 14:12

Which def were you looking at? The xml in this thread works fine for me in the shadownet FE build.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70268 is a reply to message #70238] Mon, 07 April 2014 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
I'm using the def you have at the top,ill try downloading it again
is the def on this thread all that is required to see all the uncover the unknowns in FE?

Re: WIP Updating the def.xml [message #70269 is a reply to message #70268] Tue, 08 April 2014 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Tue, 08 April 2014 01:46

I'm using the def you have at the top,ill try downloading it again
is the def on this thread all that is required to see all the uncover the unknowns in FE?

As many as I've felt obligated to do in my free time.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Previous Topic: ATTENTION - Rules on posting.
Next Topic: AlbionExplorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:43:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01278 seconds