Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man?
icon4.gif  FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70190] Sat, 29 March 2014 23:41 Go to next message
Swanky_e
i have put this off for a while but i must voice my opinion, I think that Fable:Anny is not worth my attention at all and i am so disappointed with this "thing" they have made , i love fable i love it to its core and i played the game on ultra low quality (where the game can render water only as yellow mesh and no ground textures can load so everything is white and the frame rate is like 3) i played it on ultra low for maybe 3 years off and on and beat the game several times in that form so yeah i love this game,

im not one of thous gamers that is obsessed with graphics i really do not think its the most important thing about my experience , frame rate, world design,character customization, freedom,and emotional attachment are more important to me

i was so exited when i first heard Fable:Anny was on the way i thought wow their finally going to add new story and new lands to explore just like everyone on this site has been begging for in the Requests Section, but noooo they remade the game and put it on unreal engine and made it Dark ass hell and now everything looks gooffy and cartoony and almost has a playdou like feel too it , they did add alot of dlc items like cloths that we always wanted but no meaningfull content of game changes.

and its even wore that they ignored the PC platform and its probably cuz Lion Head Does not want us to mod the game so they stuck it on the 360 wow dick move , Im sorry lionhead but your real fans are the nerds on this site that still play the game after like a million years of its release.And you still have not released a mod tool or creation kit like TES players have ,their could be so many more great mods if we had a mod manager like NEXUS , instead we must rely on semi reliably apps like Fable Explorer

Im just not impressed with fable:anny its not a huge difference in graphics and fableTLC still looks better to me its like if you try to remake the Legend of Zelda Orcarina of Time the original is king HD graphics remakes are superficial and honestly Shallow minded. was Anniversary a cash grab or a real labor of love for the fans ? i really dont know but i do know that fable fans are Invisible for the most part :/ index.php?t=getfile&id=11506&private=0[img]index.php?

[Updated on: Sat, 29 March 2014 23:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70191 is a reply to message #70190] Sun, 30 March 2014 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
A rant thread. I think Fable, Lionhead, their developers old and new, even Molyneux and BBB who are gone at this point, would have been criticized no matter how the Anniversary edition turned out. And to be honest, I'd say a lot of it is unfair. Yes, there are volumes of negative things to say about the aforementioned, but not about Anniversary. We shouldn't really expect a PC port, we never got one for Fable 2. Only reason why we got one for Fable 3, I imagine, must have had something to do with showcasing some newly available technology from Microsoft and adding a title to GFWL (but keep in mind it was released through Steam as well). Unless a scenario evolves wherein Microsoft has something to gain through showing off new capabilities by releasing Anniversary on PC, I simply don't see it happening and won't hold to hope.

However that doesn't mean Anniversary is a complete smack to the faces of modders. It is because of resources available in the Anniversary edition that weren't available in the original or TLC that we can get a much better understanding of the defs, thus allowing easier editing of TLC on PC. It was a gift, whether they meant it as such or not.

As for style and substance, it's still Fable. A game isn't about how it looks but how it plays. Unfortunately, the new generation has a different view of it, and won't play anything that falls below their very ill-defined quality threshold. I'm okay with the facelift if it means I get to share Fable with a new generation that would otherwise have to grow up without it, and that'd be a damn shame. I'm more grateful that they didn't "upgrade" the mechanics of the game to mirror those used in Fable 3. Because that would be a deal breaker for me.

Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70204 is a reply to message #70191] Tue, 01 April 2014 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
my biggest gripe is that they ignore the pc platform a bit , im not hoping for a Fable:Any release because its not a huge improvement over tlc in my opinion , its comparable to the graphics jump from Oblivion to Skyrim it was not revolutionary to me. I do like some things about Fable:A, the environmental improvements like water and the add depth and field of view are good improvements.

what about Anniversary could help in understanding fables Defs? can you share what you learned

Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70205 is a reply to message #70204] Tue, 01 April 2014 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Tue, 01 April 2014 16:28

what about Anniversary could help in understanding fables Defs? can you share what you learned

They left the source files for all the defs. You know all those unknowns in Fable Explorer? Those can be filled in now.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70206 is a reply to message #70205] Tue, 01 April 2014 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
wow that is really helpful. so how do you use the new source files could it be added to Fable explorer threw an fmp or do you need the actual Anniversary disk? is it possible this can lead to a improved fable mod tools ?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2014 15:55]

Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70207 is a reply to message #70206] Tue, 01 April 2014 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
It's not source code, exactly. It's not a mod and you don't need a copy of Fable Anniversary.
It does lead to an improved mod tool. FableExplorer, and ChocolateBox too if someone updates the xml for that one as well since the two aren't out-of-box compatible, will have labels on variables.

The simplest way to explain what this means is that binary formats that we didn't know before, we do now. The formats were mostly already figured out anyway, but this new data fills in the gaps. On top of that and more importantly, the data inside is labeled. Before, you could have looked at the data and not know what it was, and all that data was labeled as "unknown" but now, it has a proper label hinting at what it does.

Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70208 is a reply to message #70206] Tue, 01 April 2014 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Tue, 01 April 2014 17:54

wow that is really helpful. so how do you use the new source files could it be added to Fable explorer threw an fmp or do you need the actual Anniversary disk? is it possible this can lead to a improved fable mod tools ?

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10273&am p;am p;start=0&

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=70114& amp; amp;#msg_num_7

xxNick wrote on Tue, 01 April 2014 18:04

ChocolateBox too if someone updates the xml for that one as well since the two aren't out-of-box compatible

• Attachment: def.xml
    (Size: 794.59KB, Downloaded 557 times)

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2014 19:39]

Re: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man? [message #70210 is a reply to message #70208] Wed, 02 April 2014 00:18 Go to previous message
Swanky_e
ow my sweet Avo thank you ! the possibilities are tantalizing Shocked, i guess Anniversary was a good deal heheheaha...

Previous Topic: Explanation Needed
Next Topic: W I P......loading.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:27:03 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01674 seconds