Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Easy Help Required!
Easy Help Required! [message #70219] Wed, 02 April 2014 14:26 Go to next message
LittleV is currently offline  LittleV
Hi, guys, long time listener, first time caller and all that jazz...

Need some help with some Fable stuff that's bothering me, and I have a feeling that this should be easy to do, but since I'm only really familiar with the game.bin, I'd like some help. I would like to:

1. Remove horns, halos and butterflies. I feel the hair colour changing is enough, and I don't like the extras, I feel like they're distracting and too much.

2. Remove Will tattoos from face. Love will tattoos, but on the face, all the time, no choice... it's a bit too much for me. Wanna keep only body will tattoos.

3. Remove Will white hair. I do like the white hair at old age, but want to see the transition from black to blonde, never been able to, since I go into will early: been a white haired 22 year old since 2004, guys, it's depressing....

Please, please help. I have a feeling it just needs a bit of deleting, this. But no idea what to do. Anybody? Great masters of Fable modding? Thanks!

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: Easy Help Required! [message #70222 is a reply to message #70219] Wed, 02 April 2014 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
If you're familiar with the game.bin then you're in good shape.

Most of this is in 10535. Or is it 10353. Memory's shoddy. CHeroMorphDef. The texture and effect morphs. You can remove the halo effects, the white hair morphs, will tattoos on the face.

Horns, that's half CHeroMorphDef too. You go bald when you go evil, the balding is all done in that same entry in the texture morphs.

The actual horns are going to be OBJECT_HERO_HORNS. Open the entry, check the CDefs for CAppearanceModifierDef. There's something in there that makes it only appear when you're evil, different horns at different levels of being evil. Toss out those arrays and you're good to go.

Edit, forgot that balding is also done in all the hair entries as well. It's very simple, just like the horns. Open the OBJECT_whatever hair entries, go to the CAppearanceModifierDef. It'll be like the horns except, well you want to keep the one that has all the hair and get rid of the other two. Then, change the large of the two range numbers to 1.1 - this means you need to be 110% evil for the hair to disappear. Since you can't be 110% evil, it's permanent. There's another way, changing the stat value... the one that tells it to make a change based on being evil. But I can't remember what it is or what you should change it to. If you want to do it that way, open the CAppearanceModifierDef of a clothing item and copy that one. It'll be the same.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2014 02:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Easy Help Required! [message #70229 is a reply to message #70222] Thu, 03 April 2014 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick, you are a rose among bushes my friend! No, wait... A prince among gentlemen? Jesus, can't find the right idiom right now. But listen, thank you.

Just to make sure:

1. Is it ok to straight up DELETE the arrays, even if I delete everything inside a tree (e.g. one of the trees under HeroMorphDef has only flies and a couple other things I don't want) can I delete everything, or should I change the ranges to become unreachable, be on the safe side?

2. COULD NOT find the white hair WILL thing. COULD NOT find the WILL face tattoos. Any idea where they are?

3. Since I have you here, let me ask: been using b-morph to resize him 'cause at high levels he looks like an armoir, but no matter how much spine data I change, he doesn't seem to lose his ridiculously thin waist. Is it something only fatness can change, or can we change the base Xs, Zs for that? I buff guy should not have a teenagers waist.

4. Take my first born son, good friend! I owe you that much at least.

"...the avatar is, to the metallic memory of chronology, what the subject is to the fruitful forgetfulness of History."
Re: Easy Help Required! [message #70232 is a reply to message #70229] Thu, 03 April 2014 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
LittleV wrote on Thu, 03 April 2014 12:20

xxNick, you are a rose among bushes my friend! No, wait... A prince among gentlemen? Jesus, can't find the right idiom right now. But listen, thank you.

Just to make sure:

1. Is it ok to straight up DELETE the arrays, even if I delete everything inside a tree (e.g. one of the trees under HeroMorphDef has only flies and a couple other things I don't want) can I delete everything, or should I change the ranges to become unreachable, be on the safe side?

2. COULD NOT find the white hair WILL thing. COULD NOT find the WILL face tattoos. Any idea where they are?

3. Since I have you here, let me ask: been using b-morph to resize him 'cause at high levels he looks like an armoir, but no matter how much spine data I change, he doesn't seem to lose his ridiculously thin waist. Is it something only fatness can change, or can we change the base Xs, Zs for that? I buff guy should not have a teenagers waist.

4. Take my first born son, good friend! I owe you that much at least.

Ya it's fine, you should be able to just delete them.

And yes, all the texture morphs are CHeroMorphDef.

This probably isn't relevant, but here's how it is normally represented.
Toggle Spoiler

Specifically this part:
Toggle Spoiler

And the stat numbers. Should be close to the same on the wiki
http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:player_s tats

Toggle Spoiler

And finally, I know for a fact that layering is broken. There's a skill/hair/age morph that never gets seen.

I fixed it at some point but I'm not sure where.
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1145& ;start=0&
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1311& ;start=0&
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2091& ;start=0&

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2014 11:19]

Re: Easy Help Required! [message #70233 is a reply to message #70232] Thu, 03 April 2014 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'm getting a bug on FE where at the end of a long array list (like that one on HeroMorphDef) the last entries are jumbled up and I can't reach the delete button, probably this layering problem you're talking about. I'm pretty sure the WILL FACE Graphs and Textures are the last two, but I can't reach them and delete them.

How do I get the MorphDef in text form like you just showed? I could maybe delete it like that, and recompile it somehow?

About the bone problem, I'm gonna try to edit the WEAK bone entry and see where that takes me. Thanks again, yeah?

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2014 11:21]

Re: Easy Help Required! [message #70235 is a reply to message #70233] Thu, 03 April 2014 11:35 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
LittleV wrote on Thu, 03 April 2014 13:20

Yeah, I'm getting a bug on FE where at the end of a long array list (like that one on HeroMorphDef) the last entries are jumbled up and I can't reach the delete button, probably this layering problem you're talking about. I'm pretty sure the WILL FACE Graphs and Textures are the last two, but I can't reach them and delete them.

How do I get the MorphDef in text form like you just showed? I could maybe delete it like that, and recompile it somehow?

About the bone problem, I'm gonna try to edit the WEAK bone entry and see where that takes me. Thanks again, yeah?

Sorry there's a misunderstanding. That's a bug in FE that I'm not sure how to avoid. I'm talking about the actual texture morphing in-game being broken. Smile

Man, I'd love to use the text version. But it's not possible right now. I pulled it out of some of the data from Fable Anniversary. Supposedly there's some way to use uncompiled defs. But the only uncompiled defs we have are for F:A. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Two handed sword template
Next Topic: Accessorizing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:22:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01150 seconds