Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » ChocolateBox [Uh-not starting *weird way*]
icon5.gif  ChocolateBox [Uh-not starting *weird way*] [message #70296] Thu, 10 April 2014 09:08 Go to next message
crakenroby is currently offline  crakenroby
Hey , I'm kinda new-ish here( I've been watching this forum for quite a while ), I wanted to ask about this nap problem which I have and if anyone could halp meh i will be grateful.

Problem:

Whenever I try to open up the CholocateBox-x64.exe (I'm running on x64 OS) I get this messagebox popping up saying the following: "Your modding environment is not setup properly.Do you want ChocolateBox to fix it?" and of course i'm answering to this question by pressing on YES button. However this is where the problem starts, after a while of "idle status" on the program I get the most-not-wanted messagebox popping up.

"ChocolateBox has stopped working
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

-> Check online for a solution and close the program
-> Close the program"

Yeah that's pretty much to it. If anyone knowes anything about this ... (I trust I must not include screenshots since I've made this problem quite clear. o.o but if needed I don't mind adding`em.)
Re: ChocolateBox [Uh-not starting *weird way*] [message #70297 is a reply to message #70296] Thu, 10 April 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Could be a couple things. Make sure you're using the latest release. All the other builds there make it kind of confusing but a lot of optimization and bug fixes are in the latest one.

Next, do a little ground work with the modding environment. ChocolateBox dumps the wad into individual levs and tngs, renames the wad, and changes the userst.ini to not use the wad. What you want to do is make sure nothing is conflicting with that process. If you already have dumped the wad using FreeRoam, but the FinalAlbion.wad is still there not renamed, ChocolateBox will try to dump it but can't overwrite the already existing files and so crashes instead. In which case, either rename the FinalAlbion.wad and change the userst.ini manually, or delete the FinalAlbion folder and creaturehub.lev and creaturehub.tng and let ChocolateBox redump the wad and edit the userst.ini its own way.

Try the above first. If it still doesn't work, proceed.

If there are still problems, it could be a requirement deficiency. I'm not sure exactly what is required by ChocolateBox, but these will give you just about everything you'll need.
You can uninstall all the other MSVC++ you have if you'd like, they are cumulative releases, so the most recent ones (provided here) will have all the rest without clogging up your add/remove programs list.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2634 7
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2636 8
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2699 9
Grab both x86 and x64 of each one.

Then make sure you have .net framework 3.5 or higher. Do a round of automatic/windows/microsoft updates and you're definitely set.

Re: ChocolateBox [Uh-not starting *weird way*] [message #70303 is a reply to message #70296] Fri, 11 April 2014 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crakenroby is currently offline  crakenroby
Oh thanks alot mate!

The real problem was that the Freeroam app did not extract the FinalAlbion.wad how it should've done. (It crashed mid-way) and it was a conflict between those and the ChocolateBox + I didn't had the latest CBox.

I owe y'a one matey! xD
Re: ChocolateBox [Uh-not starting *weird way*] [message #70304 is a reply to message #70296] Fri, 11 April 2014 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Not a problem friend. Need any help with anything else, let me know. Happy modding. Wink

Re: ChocolateBox [Uh-not starting *weird way*] [message #71122 is a reply to message #70304] Sat, 17 October 2015 17:35 Go to previous message
The necromancer is currently offline  The necromancer
Same happened here,
but, i think you need to be more specific,
in userst.ini you have to tell what to edit,
screenshot would be appreciated
sorry if im begin mean or something,

Previous Topic: Any workaround for 64 bit systems for fable explorer ?
Next Topic: Cbox not working,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:22:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00994 seconds