Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Ted Timmins
Ted Timmins [message #70325] Tue, 15 April 2014 17:26 Go to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Is leaving Lionhead. He's been there since he was 18, working on the very first Fable. He gave a nice fluffy announcement on his Twitter which doesn't appear to be valid anymore is right here.

Obviously it's too late for them to undo their mistakes and eat their words and, you know, not lie and cheat and cover up. They can't exactly roll back time and do everything right. But, what if they could? Can anyone even count and itemize all their mistakes and what they could have done instead to not be, I don't know, sailing off in the Titanic?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 April 2014 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ted Timmins [message #70326 is a reply to message #70325] Wed, 16 April 2014 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
I see it getting worse really. Anyone promoting up now will probably be firmly under the heel of Microsoft. It's how office politics work.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Ted Timmins [message #70327 is a reply to message #70326] Wed, 16 April 2014 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xxNick is currently offline  xxNick
Much agreed. I don't think there's anyone left over there attached to Lionhead or the Fable franchise. So. I fully expect something in the domain of child-friendly gore-free mmorpg f2p experience where you can have baby sloths on your shoulders and hats on your baby sloths and dyes on those hats, provided you pay for all of these. And or access to silver chests with silver keys available for purchase in the microtransaction store. Or legendary weapons that you buy, for a limited time ranging from 1-2 weeks, with guild points, which you buy with actual money.

Basically I see what used to be my favorite franchise being mutilated and twisted into an even more disgusting cash cow. I wish they'd just let us have the original game. There's so much good that can be done with it.

Re: Ted Timmins [message #70328 is a reply to message #70327] Wed, 16 April 2014 07:54 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
xxNick wrote on Wed, 16 April 2014 06:56

Much agreed. I don't think there's anyone left over there attached to Lionhead or the Fable franchise. So. I fully expect something in the domain of child-friendly gore-free mmorpg f2p experience where you can have baby sloths on your shoulders and hats on your baby sloths and dyes on those hats, provided you pay for all of these. And or access to silver chests with silver keys available for purchase in the microtransaction store. Or legendary weapons that you buy, for a limited time ranging from 1-2 weeks, with guild points, which you buy with actual money.

Basically I see what used to be my favorite franchise being mutilated and twisted into an even more disgusting cash cow. I wish they'd just let us have the original game. There's so much good that can be done with it.

I wouldn't go that far. XD

What I would expect though is stuff that's uninspired and further distilled to appeal to wider audiences. With the remaining Big Blue Box, and Lionhead employees subtly rebelling by putting in gimicky/gag items (Like Lute Hero, chicken and dog suits).

The really galling part is that they should just rename the series since it doesn't have anything to do with fables.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: PC version of Anniversary... hmmm...
Next Topic: How the whole fable modding thing got started
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:19:40 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01086 seconds