Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » W I P......loading.....
W I P......loading..... [message #70373] Thu, 22 May 2014 08:21 Go to next message
Sephiroxas is currently offline  Sephiroxas

SO! since the fable hero/project ego/modding area seems about dead, I thought I'd post this here, even if this place seems almost about dead. I have no where else to go. Crying or Very Sad and no one else to talk to I need a modder Sad , so I'll pop this here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ChldrnOfKorn777/WIP_zps58a2dbc1.png

Basically, similar to xXnicks rebalance, I ALWAYS wanted to re-do some of the levels in fable adding miscellaneous new things

-Weapon packs
-New Silver Keys
-New Chests
-Balverine Transformation (if it still works)
-New body Guards
-New town
-Trophie drops (IE: Nymph Wings)
-Change the nymph/hobbe cave

Taking away any region entrance and exit doors, since they serve absolutely NO purpose except to bother me..

Obviously I want to change some things, but I don't want to damage the core. I want all the quests to still work un-broken.

Any suggestions?

"Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone. But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on. I will ask, and you will answer. I am the monument to all your sins"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ChldrnOfKorn777/jackob.gif
Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70374 is a reply to message #70373] Thu, 22 May 2014 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Welcome back. There are a few people that are active, but not many. Taking away any region entrance and exit doors is something I did on my game long ago, delete the OBJECTs, just leave the THINGs. I took out all the Old Kingdom stuff and play bare. I've changed the body guards to different creatures off and on too, currently using the CREATURE_EXECUTIONER. There are so many little things to do to change the game that it is hard to come up with a list, but:
1-take out the Ages of .... EP increase potions.
2-make it harder to get EP in other ways.
3-give all the bandits stronger weapons and health.
4-decrease gold rewards from quests
5-change trader percentages to make getting gold harder.
6-increase strength of arena creatures.
Basically make stuff harder. btw, are you Markie.

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70375 is a reply to message #70373] Fri, 23 May 2014 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
I made a mod that changes the bandits to new stronger creatures in the beginning sections Albion but it is technically broken unfortunately i know that xxNick is building a mod but i havent seen any mods of his yet , Sparrow has produced a real large amount of mods in recent years but i think he stopped. Is that screen shot a project you made looks neat ? and has anyone seen Bower Stone on youtube , its a mod that gets rid of the loading areas in bower stone could the entire game be connected that way i read something about TNGs in the comment section but i don't know what that is ??

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70378 is a reply to message #70374] Fri, 23 May 2014 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

jwc2200 wrote on Thu, 22 May 2014 17:50

Welcome back. There are a few people that are active, but not many. Taking away any region entrance and exit doors is something I did on my game long ago, delete the OBJECTs, just leave the THINGs. I took out all the Old Kingdom stuff and play bare. I've changed the body guards to different creatures off and on too, currently using the CREATURE_EXECUTIONER. There are so many little things to do to change the game that it is hard to come up with a list, but:
1-take out the Ages of .... EP increase potions.
2-make it harder to get EP in other ways.
3-give all the bandits stronger weapons and health.
4-decrease gold rewards from quests
5-change trader percentages to make getting gold harder.
6-increase strength of arena creatures.
Basically make stuff harder. btw, are you Markie.

I hate those doors, seriously. I've found a couple of levels like the witchwood cave with this excessive amount of room in the region completely unused.

Lots of good suggestions I hadn't even thought of! thanks.

and yes. WHO ARE YOU AND HOW DID YOU FIND ME!? Very Happy

"Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone. But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on. I will ask, and you will answer. I am the monument to all your sins"
Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70379 is a reply to message #70375] Fri, 23 May 2014 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Swanky_e wrote on Fri, 23 May 2014 00:51

could the entire game be connected

I'm pretty sure they could, but it takes a LOT of memory to run it all at the same time, and I'm pretty positive that most of the markers wouldn't work anymore and things would get screwed up.

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70380 is a reply to message #70379] Sat, 24 May 2014 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Connecting all, or most of, the regions didn't work out well when Morerunes did as part of mod he did. At least as well as I can remember it didn't work.
I am me, I've used this id name on project-ego and here for several years now. You and I talked a bit on p-e years ago and I still use a chain mail recolor that you did back then. It is marked in a folder as "MARKIES BRT CM". As for connecting the two names, I just have a pretty decent memory for some things, while I forget what my said to me 10 minutes ago.

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70381 is a reply to message #70380] Sat, 24 May 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I know I was being a shit. Very Happy I remember you. I'm glad the fmp's for my re-colors are on this site because I have NO IDEA where they are right now and I'm going to be using them for my game.

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70382 is a reply to message #70378] Sat, 24 May 2014 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Sephiroxas wrote on Fri, 23 May 2014 15:41

I've found a couple of levels like the witchwood cave with this excessive amount of room in the region completely unused.

Didn't realise that the Witchwood Cave area was that huge, will have to have a look at this later...

There are a number of areas that are ripe for new towns or at least houses/settlements. I believe it's MarcoPolo who has been most successful at constructing a town, using the Chamber of Fate area.

In one of the Chocolate Box threads there was mention of placing meshes on top of landscapes to create new landscapes which I assume would be less problematic now in terms of pure computational power than it was 5 years ago.

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5795& ;start=120&
Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70383 is a reply to message #70382] Sun, 25 May 2014 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o489/5ephiroxas/witc_zps808955d2.png

Witchwood Cave area. Shocked

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70384 is a reply to message #70373] Tue, 27 May 2014 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
Is it possible to mod the way that fable loads regions so they load only in your feild of vision like how elderscrols loads? What if you have a lot of memory and high end gc. Gta 1 was first to utilize loading as as you go so it shouldnt bethat hard sould it

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70416 is a reply to message #70373] Sun, 15 June 2014 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've run out of ideas. Confused

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z30/_Sephiroxas_/ddd_zpse209e4f4.png

Re: W I P......loading..... [message #70417 is a reply to message #70416] Sun, 15 June 2014 11:44 Go to previous message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Hey this looks interesting Shocked

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Previous Topic: FABLE Anniversary Lion Head WTF man?
Next Topic: CTD When speaking to Vendors?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:19:06 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01289 seconds