Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Factions Help
Factions Help [message #70386] Wed, 28 May 2014 16:28 Go to next message
xmetalica is currently offline  xmetalica
Hey, not sure if this is in the right tread. Excuse me if it isn't.

So I'm having problem modding factions via fable explorer.
I tried out the balverine mod where all the bandits became friendly, and thought it was a cool idea to do so since I'm an evil character.

So I looked up how to edit factions and did exactly as this tread says: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=44853& amp;

Although after copying data from "FACTION_BANDIsT_FRIENDLY" onto "FACTION_BANDITS", the bandits would still be hostile towards me ingame.

So I'm wondering. Do I have to edit anything else or what am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Confused
Re: Factions Help [message #70387 is a reply to message #70386] Wed, 28 May 2014 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

If you've followed the directions correctly, there should be no problem. Are you using Windows Vista or 7? If so, have you followed the directions shown in the Vista/Windows 7 Primer? If you haven't, the changes made to the game may be directed to the Virtual Store instead of the actual game folder, causing them not to show.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Factions Help [message #70388 is a reply to message #70386] Thu, 29 May 2014 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I'm using Windows 8. I've already used a Register file that fixes the fable modding problem (with steam).

I've installed mods before and modifyed my character and seen it take effect in-game, so it should work. Although I think that I'm doing something wrong with these factions.

I've tried to delete "FACTION_HERO" from the "FACTION_BANDITS" and also exported data from hero-friendly factions onto hostile factions, yet when i start the game all the bandits are still enemies towards me (Greatwood Areas, Witchwood). Do i need to modify anything more? Like linking creature defs or anything like that? Anyway thanks for the help hope you can answer this for me.
Re: Factions Help [message #70389 is a reply to message #70386] Thu, 29 May 2014 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
spawn the friendly bandits that are in the game they will not attack

[Updated on: Thu, 21 May 2015 14:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Factions Help [message #70391 is a reply to message #70386] Fri, 30 May 2014 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't really understand what you're trying to stay. Could you explain more?
Re: Factions Help [message #70392 is a reply to message #70391] Fri, 30 May 2014 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Near as I can tell, he's saying that you should edit the creature generator entries for bandits so that they produce bandits that are already friendly(Guessing the same ones as in the Bandit Camp). Editing factions is likely to break certain quests, but this should avoid that issue.

I personally have never touched creature generators, so I have no clue how to go about that. Still, if it's like anything else, so long as you know your way around FE you should be able to figure it out.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Factions Help [message #70403 is a reply to message #70392] Thu, 12 June 2014 02:15 Go to previous message
Swanky_e
I did it ! sorry i guess i am a bad at relaying info , I decided to just make a mod based on what xmetalica described , i like the idea of evil heroes not wanting to attack a bandit cuz they are both evil , and it never quite made sense why bandits would attack an evil hero.

I made the fmp i will post it tomorrow cuz i need to sleep

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=70405& amp; amp;#msg_70405] late.http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=7 0405&#msg_70405[/url]

[Updated on: Thu, 21 May 2015 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: I made a youtubes
Next Topic: Fable Anniversary PC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:26:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01039 seconds