Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real)
Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70406] Fri, 13 June 2014 09:44 Go to next message
Halliphax is currently offline  Halliphax
in case you haven't seen it. Lionhead have said it's possible for them to help us with the modding scene for the upcoming PC release of Fable:A

I've added my input, I think you guys should to. In the end it's for our own benefit.

http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postsm38591_PC-version-steamwo rks-modding.aspx#post38591
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70411 is a reply to message #70406] Sat, 14 June 2014 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Seems promising, I've also chimed in with my tuppence worth.

I wonder what all the red tape he mentioned consists of...

This is a dialogue worth participating in!
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70413 is a reply to message #70406] Sat, 14 June 2014 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yes I saw your post, good input!

Well, considering "red tape" is just general foot dragging and hair splitting paperwork and stuff I'd have to guess it's to do with Microsoft.

Since they own Lionhead I'm sure they have them under mountains of paperwork for making something like modding tools.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70414 is a reply to message #70406] Sat, 14 June 2014 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
does fable anniversary enable you to switch from Hd to classic versions in game i heard you can but haven't played the game yet

Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70415 is a reply to message #70414] Sun, 15 June 2014 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky, I think the feature you're referring to is the smart-glass app, which follows your progress in game and gives you comparative screenshots from the original Xbox version. I don't think you can switch modes in-game though.

Halliphax, thank you! And I thought as much *shakes fist at Microsoft* Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 15 June 2014 02:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70418 is a reply to message #70406] Mon, 16 June 2014 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Halliphax wrote on Fri, 13 June 2014 11:44

in case you haven't seen it. Lionhead have said it's possible for them to help us with the modding scene for the upcoming PC release of Fable:A

I've added my input, I think you guys should to. In the end it's for our own benefit.

http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postsm38591_PC-version-steamwo rks-modding.aspx#post38591

I put in my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70419 is a reply to message #70406] Mon, 16 June 2014 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I put in my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Yeah I saw great addition, completely forgot about an override folder, good idea!

I've got a good feeling about this, I've been hounding Lionhead for modding support for a while now, looks like it's finally happening.

Out of interest, would you guys prefer website hosted mods, like this fabletlcmod.com and the nexus for instance or Steamworks?

I know people liked Steamworks for how easy it was to install Skyrim mods (despite the fact it made it easier to break the game) but it also split the community between Steamworks and the nexus. I'm personally hoping we can steer clear of Steamworks but I'm probably trying to draw a line in water with that hope.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70422 is a reply to message #70406] Thu, 19 June 2014 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrcraigoman is currently offline  mrcraigoman
Hello.
I'm the producer on Fable Anniversary and I just wanted to say hey and let you guys know that we are listening to your comments. In a couple of week I'd like to send you guys some steam keys so you can have a look at the current game and hopefully work with one of our coders as we try to setup the modding support. We are using Unreal 3 which may cause problems for adding content but hopefully we can make it work.

Thanks
Craig
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70423 is a reply to message #70422] Thu, 19 June 2014 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mrcraigoman, welcome to the forums! Working closely with one of your coders sounds great, seems like we can really get the ball rolling here!

I'm sure we'll find a way round the Unreal 3 additional content issue!
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70425 is a reply to message #70406] Thu, 19 June 2014 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
We need a Mod manager tool that lets you load and uninstall mods and choose to load order and maybe a guide or mod categories that could stop mods from conflicting with each other making fable crash, maybe a updated version of Fable Explore that has a new install fmp uninstall fmp feature.

I think it would be good if anniversary PC came with new dlc and a switch in the graphics settings menu that enable the graphical style to revert to Original I think a lot of players who played the original feel alienated because of the new graphical style, at least thats what the forums and youtube comments are telling me.

How do we get the steam keys do where do i sigh up? ahahaha

Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70427 is a reply to message #70422] Thu, 19 June 2014 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
mrcraigoman wrote on Thu, 19 June 2014 10:37

Hello.
I'm the producer on Fable Anniversary and I just wanted to say hey and let you guys know that we are listening to your comments. In a couple of week I'd like to send you guys some steam keys so you can have a look at the current game and hopefully work with one of our coders as we try to setup the modding support. We are using Unreal 3 which may cause problems for adding content but hopefully we can make it work.

Thanks
Craig

Out of curiosity. Did the old assets get ported over to UE3 as well? Or just the new stuff?

I'll help out where I can. My steam ID is the obvious Keshire.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Keshire/

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70428 is a reply to message #70427] Fri, 20 June 2014 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think the old assets exist anywhere in Unreal. We ported them all over to unreal but then replaced them all with the new assets.

Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70429 is a reply to message #70428] Fri, 20 June 2014 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@mrcraigoman

In regards to the beta test that may be happening. Will the file structure and general format of the files be "final" or are these subject to change (through our input or otherwise)?

Just a heads up, my name on the Lionhead forums is "MetrikPyro" if you need to inbox anything to me.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70431 is a reply to message #70429] Sun, 22 June 2014 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hobbilis is currently offline  Hobbilis
I fully support all the suggestion that were made in the original thread over at the lionhead forum.

However i'd like to add few more ideas.

- AI control
- that means inside out of an AI system. Things like behaviour, actions, waypoint movement system, etc.

- Access to the all of the assets, just like someone pointed to skyrim creation kit.

- SDK wiki documentation ?

- Simplified import / export system for custom characters, static meshes, anims, etc.

All of the other things that were mentioned earlier would be extremely valuable to the community. Things like terrain paint mode and camera control mode aka cinematic mode.

Thats all that i can think of right now, but basically the more freedom/options you give us the better. We really want to be able to create new stuff and mess with the existing stufff.

I'm really looking forward to this. If this all goes good, it could be the best thing that happened in the history of fable.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hobbilis

[Updated on: Fri, 27 June 2014 11:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70432 is a reply to message #70431] Sun, 22 June 2014 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Something I would definitely like to see is the ability to create new spells and quests, and further edit the existing ones. That's one of our biggest limitations, and it would be incredible to be able to break past that.

Another cool thing would be the ability to create new animation sets. Frankly, I don't know if that's possible, but it gets old having to shaft certain types of weapon over to the STAFF animation set and hope somebody has a mod that adds animations to that set for the Hero. On the subject of animations, a clear set of templates off of which one could work to create new animations entirely for the game would be awesome. While strictly possible to do it with our current tools, it's... less than sane in terms of difficulty.

Finally, it would be nice to be able to port the original game assets over to Anniversary so that folks like myself with PCs that aren't quite up to spec could still play.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70440 is a reply to message #70406] Mon, 23 June 2014 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silva is currently offline  Silva
As much as I would love a beta key, i'm afraid I wouldn't be able to help with the modding, except for perhaps texture editing (really all i'm good at, and even then i'm sure a lot of people are) so i'll leave the Mod making to the fabletlcmod geniuses.

However I know when (if) modding support is enabled for Anniversary on PC i'm going to be joining up as one of the, sure to be, many new-comer Modders, and trying my hand out at it.

So infact, if you are planning on sending out steam keys I would be more than happy to accept one and help mod testing or game testing in general (shameless request).

I'll be over on the Lionhead forums soon to give my input.

If you do decide to hand out beta-keys, be sure to give one to all the masters of modding on this site first, and if there's room left for the general testers, then i'll be happy to help:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116439527/
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70454 is a reply to message #70440] Tue, 24 June 2014 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah, if steam keys wind up being given, I'd definitely be willing to take one, provided that the game is optimized for lower-end PCs(I'm stuck with a GeForce 6150SE in terms of graphic capability, so you can understand why I'd be hesitant about such things).

My Steam ID is the same as my username here.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068214136/

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70563 is a reply to message #70406] Sun, 10 August 2014 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hobbilis is currently offline  Hobbilis
Mr. Craig oman tweeted this.
https://twitter.com/LHcraigO/status/498405500669923328

Whoever gets the key... I have only one wish. Please tell them to give us a proper modding tools.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70566 is a reply to message #70563] Wed, 13 August 2014 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello!
If you would like early access to Fable Anniversary can you reply with your Steam name and I'll put you on the list.

thanks
Craig
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70567 is a reply to message #70406] Wed, 13 August 2014 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McLaren_Fan90 is currently offline  McLaren_Fan90
I don't desire an early access key. I do hope Lionhead will deliver on their promise for mod support and Steam Workshop integration.

Even better, I hope Nexus and this site will also provide for whatever modding there is on Anniversary.

With a mod tool, this game will be more moddable than TLC, which means, I can play this game for 1,000+ hours like Skyrim. Very Happy

Even if you do provide me Early Access, I won't be much help with integrating mods. That's why I will not accept. Smile

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lion_soul5
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70568 is a reply to message #70566] Wed, 13 August 2014 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good Morning Mr Oman,

A much appreciated offer

On Steam you can find me by the user name "briezel"

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091033584

All the best!

Byron
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70570 is a reply to message #70568] Thu, 14 August 2014 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Assuming that it'll be possible to port the original assets over to Anniversary, I'd love a key. You can find my steam page at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068214136, username asmcint.

Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70574 is a reply to message #70566] Sat, 16 August 2014 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
mrcraigoman wrote on Wed, 13 August 2014 09:16

Hello!
If you would like early access to Fable Anniversary can you reply with your Steam name and I'll put you on the list.

thanks
Craig

I'm open for a beta Wink

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zyreq

Greatly appreciated Oman!

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70575 is a reply to message #70406] Sun, 17 August 2014 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeekums is currently offline  zeekums
I know I'm fairly new here, but I was a huge Warcraft 3 modder back in the day, and I'm fairly sure I would be able to contribute quite a bit of mod content fairly early in the life of TLC Anniversary.
In any case, my steam is here:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zeekums
Good luck with sales, god knows Lionhead deserves it. Fantastic game, fantastic devs, I hope that this update gains you many more fans Smile
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70579 is a reply to message #70406] Mon, 18 August 2014 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
McLaren_Fan90 is currently offline  McLaren_Fan90
Kind of off-topic, but, reading from the Fable Anniversary Community Hub on Steam, one of the developers said that art and animation modding will be possible, but, data editing and adding new content is difficult, if not impossible, at the moment.

I hope all of that changes and we will have mods like the last three TES games.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70586 is a reply to message #70406] Wed, 20 August 2014 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silva is currently offline  Silva
As I said a while ago, i'd be happy to participate in the Beta, i'd love to try my hand out at modding and testing out early Anniversary mods if they are able to be created for the beta.

Once again my steam page can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116439527/
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70587 is a reply to message #70406] Wed, 20 August 2014 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
hahaha use your beg expression boys Laughing

Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #70589 is a reply to message #70587] Thu, 21 August 2014 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Wed, 20 August 2014 18:24

hahaha use your beg expression boys Laughing

Keshire does not beg. Neutral

I think lionhead were counting their eggs before they hatched. From my understanding, so far it's just changing existing art assets. You can't add anything, or change any code.

I wouldn't hold your breathe for any miracles.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #71808 is a reply to message #70406] Tue, 15 June 2021 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharonjjk99 is currently offline  sharonjjk99
Yes, all lifts and slops are open now, I am going to these areas many times after lockdown now condition is some better and all are opens now these days. If you want to going for lifts and slops you must knowing about these areas and you just click here ptcl speed test and see where is the situation these days and when you will confirm about open or not then you will be go.
Re: Time to tell Lionhead what we want (for real) [message #71809 is a reply to message #70406] Tue, 15 June 2021 02:04 Go to previous message
sharonjjk99 is currently offline  sharonjjk99
If you want to buy some online products then you just need to find some good internet and some good online order website. If you want to know about good online connections just click here ptcl speed test and see how much site is very good for online ordering.
This site is really a very awesome for checking your internet speed test without any problem and any difficulty.
Previous Topic: Hero, your Will is low! Send help?
Next Topic: Maze's will lines?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:35:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01408 seconds