Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » How to find the texture I want to edit?
How to find the texture I want to edit? [message #70434] Mon, 23 June 2014 07:22 Go to next message
Silva is currently offline  Silva
Hey,

I've been looking for the textures for Lady Grey in ShadowNet, i'm looking in textures.big and I just can't seem to find them, I've tried searching for different things but still no dice.

So 1, does anyone know which textures are hers, and 2, if I wanted to find textures for another object/npc/etc, what would be the best way to do so? I can see the Texture ID's from graphics.big, but I don't know if that can help me find the actual textures to edit.

Help would be appreciated, thanks a lot
Re: How to find the texture I want to edit? [message #70435 is a reply to message #70434] Mon, 23 June 2014 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Find her CREATURE entry and look for the definition labeled GRAPHIC. Go for the main mesh, not the eye mesh. Click on the link there, and that will take you to her mesh entry. From there, you can go under materials and find the IDs of her textures.

On a side note, this is better suited to Graphics Editing, and as such shall be moved there.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How to find the texture I want to edit? [message #70436 is a reply to message #70434] Mon, 23 June 2014 11:13 Go to previous message
Silva is currently offline  Silva
Thanks, but still a bit of a problem, now that I know the ID of the materials, how do I find these materials? I've tried searching for the material ID in textures.big, but no search results, am I doing something painfully incorrect?

ps thanks for moving the thread for me, new to these forums, obviously :')

EDIT: Nevermind, found the Textures and edited them, been having some fun editing different textures ;D

[Updated on: Mon, 23 June 2014 18:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Accessorizing
Next Topic: Deleting Sub Meshes?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:37:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01261 seconds