Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » A newbie in need of help
A newbie in need of help [message #70543] Mon, 04 August 2014 11:51 Go to next message
Sylpherian is currently offline  Sylpherian
Heya,

I'm completely new to modding and I was looking at the toturial section for any help.

I want to change the demondoor's texture, saw an awesome mod for it and have no clue how to implant that beauty.

When i open fable explorer it shows me two tabs: Regions/Maps and when i try to Change Folder it says:

It seems that you have not extracted the wad file that contains the game region. You are required to do this to use AlbionExplorer. Click ok to continue or etc.

I tried to find some guides on this and failed.

Any help?

Thanks in Advance

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

[Updated on: Mon, 04 August 2014 12:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A newbie in need of help [message #70546 is a reply to message #70543] Tue, 05 August 2014 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baltazaro is currently offline  Baltazaro
Hey!

I'm fairly new to modding as well.

Doesn't the texture mod that you saw come in an FMP (Fable Mod Package) form? If it does, all you need to do (provided you have installed Fable Explorer and any other required applications correctly), is:

1)Click on File on the top left corner of Fable Explorer.
2)Click on Load Fable Mod Package then find and select the textures file that you want for the Demon Doors (it should be in .fmp format, for example "demondoortextures.fmp".)
3)Click on Actions, then Save Mods and Run Fable, and you should be done.
Re: A newbie in need of help [message #70547 is a reply to message #70546] Tue, 05 August 2014 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya ^^ wow awesome people are active here, that was fast Very Happy

There are only two options when i click the left top

Change to Folder
Exit

I tried what you said and it keeps saying that it can't find the wad file that contains the games region.

Downloaded everything on the site for Albion explorer.

The demondoor file is a .big file, i read somewhere that i have to merge it somehow?

Put a screen of the options i got in top left and the 2 messages i get when trying to open any map

Thanks in advance =)

index.php?t=getfile&id=11599&private=0

• Attachment: 5.jpg
    (Size: 260.93KB, Downloaded 959 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 05 August 2014 06:02]

Re: A newbie in need of help [message #70548 is a reply to message #70547] Tue, 05 August 2014 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problem! Always willing to help.

From what I can see, you are using Albion Explorer, I was refering to Fable Explorer. Albion Explorer allows you to edit the world of Fable, which may be what you need.
However, I have not used Albion Explorer at all, so I can't be of much help there. As far as I know, Fable Explorer allows you to edit almost everything.

In my opinion, you should start from this post; http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7218& ;amp ;start=0&

If I were you, I would check the entire post out trying to find what I am looking for! Further down, it elaborates on Albion Explorer, Fable Explorer and much more, including Editing Textures.

The Search function can be really useful! Try searching "texture editing". Remember, don't give up searching! It's always a bit tough in the beggining figuring things out, but dedication is rewarded with results!

[Updated on: Tue, 05 August 2014 12:00]

Re: A newbie in need of help [message #70551 is a reply to message #70548] Tue, 05 August 2014 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a bunch! Very Happy

I will check it out and give it a go! =)

Re: A newbie in need of help [message #70555 is a reply to message #70551] Wed, 06 August 2014 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are most welcome! Let us know if you need anything else!
Re: A newbie in need of help [message #70556 is a reply to message #70555] Wed, 06 August 2014 07:10 Go to previous message
Fable Explorer works just great! Very Happy beginning to figuring out a few things ^___^ Will do!

Previous Topic: Fable Explorer Retexture Issue
Next Topic: Trying and failing, Bandit's Chicken on a stick weapon :D
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:01:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01110 seconds