Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Teen Looks (Exact) Help
icon9.gif  Teen Looks (Exact) Help [message #70544] Mon, 04 August 2014 18:49 Go to next message
Baltazaro is currently offline  Baltazaro
Hello!

First of all, I would like to thank this community in its whole for everything it has and continues to accomplish.

Right, straight to the point. (Do keep in mind that I am fairly new to modding and have used the search function extensively but have not found the exact results that I seek.)

What I am trying to achieve is keep (even when having Strength/Skill upgrades) the exact looks that our hero has when he graduates from the Guild of Heroes and has not a single upgrade. I have removed all the bones aside from hero_weak.bncfg since removing all of them made him look similar to the following picture number 2.

Picture Number 1 http://gyazo.com/4c3be2d48a2e24a42ac79b5e4975e3c2

Picture Number 2 http://gyazo.com/5a1631eab88dc16ce163f3cb824a6ee9 (disregard the age effects.)

As you can see, they are not the very same. The latter hero tends to visit the gym more often.

I would like my hero to be as he is in Picture Number 1 but with Strength and Skill maxed out, but the issue here is that even though my hero does look like that when having no upgrades, as soon as he maxes out Strength and Skill, he turns into Picture Number 2, and I am like: "But.. why?"
Any ideas?

I apologize in advance in case I have missed out on any information that could help me here, but I did look thoroughly.

Thank you for your time!

[Updated on: Mon, 04 August 2014 18:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Teen Looks (Exact) Help [message #70549 is a reply to message #70544] Tue, 05 August 2014 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Make back ups. then:
Open up FE,
Under CREATURES go to 1470 - CREATURE_HERO.
Open the CDefs,
Scroll down until you see CHeroMorphDef,
Open CHeroMorphDef by clicking the first 'Links to (GameBINEntryID)',
Click the + sign beside CHeroMorphDef,
Click 4577F2CB-HerpMorph
Delete bones(bncfg) for strong, tall, and fat.
Be sure to click ApplyChanges,
Then Save and Run.

I'm 95% sure that does what you want. I've done it in the past, way in the past.

Re: Teen Looks (Exact) Help [message #70550 is a reply to message #70549] Tue, 05 August 2014 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply!

Hmm.. He still looks the same after maxing out Strength and Skill, the same as Picture 2 above. Everything is fine before he upgrades anything, he looks just like I want him (Picture 1).

I'm trying to think what the matter is.. Perhaps it has something to do with meshes, which I am not that familiar with yet. However, I have noticed that when he maxes Strength and Skill, he does get a bit taller, so it must be something with the bones.

I had thought that removing all of the bones would work, but he just looks like the picture 2 style.

I don't understand how he can change when there are no other bones in aside from hero_weak.bncfg, or even none other than weak, teen and berserk.
Re: Teen Looks (Exact) Help [message #70553 is a reply to message #70550] Tue, 05 August 2014 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

It is not meshes. The likely problem is that you need to start a new game. Or at least use a save file where you had not used the upgrade pedestal yet, I guess that would be a new since you use it during guild training.
EDIT:
No need to start a new game. I deleted those files then used a trainer to max EP. Went to the pedestal and maxed all the Strength and Skill and I was a teen again. I was already about half size on that save game.
Look at your cheromorphdef again and make sure that you hit Apply Changes and those bones are gone.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 August 2014 17:04]

Re: Teen Looks (Exact) Help [message #70554 is a reply to message #70553] Wed, 06 August 2014 03:00 Go to previous message
Ah, I did have a save file before I even used the trainer to give myself experience in order to max Strength and Skill.
I do make sure that the proper bones are gone and that I apply the changes. My guess is that I need to start a new game. I'll try now and let you know!

Thank you very very much for your help, friend! Let me know if I can do anything for you in return!

EDIT; Just started a new game, the child hero is significantly bigger. No idea if this will remain throughout. I think his bones are those of picture 2. I'll update further as I progress.

EDIT; Right, my hero's skeleton looks just as I want it as soon as he becomes a teen (right before your final test with Maze, pre-graduation).

EDIT; Curses! As soon as he upgrades, he becomes the very same, only the skin textures that tone him have not loaded yet (http://gyazo.com/19f4dfb1c9230fc2a2819a046b95d89b).

[Updated on: Wed, 06 August 2014 03:38]

Previous Topic: Really need help with chest/inventory hijacking
Next Topic: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:54:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01050 seconds