Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding
Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70590] Thu, 21 August 2014 12:39 Go to next message
xonemanlegacy is currently offline  xonemanlegacy
"As part of the development for Fable Anniversary on PC we are investigating adding steamworks/modding support to the game. We are in the very early stages and I have an entire mountain of red tape to get through so please don't get you hopes up to much but we are looking into it.

For those of you that are interested in this, I need to better understand what you guys want/need from us. We can either discuss it here or I can come over to your forums to chat about it, send me a PM for any other sites you would like to chat on.

Thanks
Craig "

Wanted to post this here as a request to help make fable anniversary with steamworks possible. If you are looking to help please give "mrcraigoman" a MP on the lionhead forum

http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postst3275_PC-version-steamwor ks-modding.aspx?=
Re: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70591 is a reply to message #70590] Thu, 21 August 2014 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
xonemanlegacy wrote on Thu, 21 August 2014 14:39

"As part of the development for Fable Anniversary on PC we are investigating adding steamworks/modding support to the game. We are in the very early stages and I have an entire mountain of red tape to get through so please don't get you hopes up to much but we are looking into it.

For those of you that are interested in this, I need to better understand what you guys want/need from us. We can either discuss it here or I can come over to your forums to chat about it, send me a PM for any other sites you would like to chat on.

Thanks
Craig "

Wanted to post this here as a request to help make fable anniversary with steamworks possible. If you are looking to help please give "mrcraigoman" a MP on the lionhead forum

http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postst3275_PC-version-steamwor ks-modding.aspx?=

What are we supposed to do? Red tape is red tape. Nothing we do here would integrate with steamworks. It's something lionhead has to do completely on their end.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70592 is a reply to message #70591] Thu, 21 August 2014 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xonemanlegacy is currently offline  xonemanlegacy
They are in beta right now. They are asking people to help them make it work. there's no red tape when they want us to be able to mod the game in any way we chose. The produsor is the one who posted this
Re: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70593 is a reply to message #70592] Fri, 22 August 2014 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
xonemanlegacy wrote on Thu, 21 August 2014 16:32

They are asking people to help them make it work.

I didn't get that from what he said at all. From what I read he just wanted to know what we all wanted. And we've stated as much.

If they seriously want us to DO something, then they need to bring information to the table. There's no way in hell I'm going through the pain of writing out their proprietary format specs again. It's just not happening.

And so far I haven't really seen anything more than lip service to the modding community in order to boost up some hype. Something that most of us here won't necessarily fall for. This a results driven community. Very Happy

And just to restate those needs:
http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postsm38655_posts.aspx#post386 55
Quote:

Get the quest scripting out of the exe if you haven't already.

Let us run the game using uncompiled defs. (and preferably give us the uncompiled defs or the format for them)

Give us a folder to override assets. Preferably without needing to store them in banks.

While the internal plugins to asset software isn't needed, it'd be nice to get the file structs so we can make our own software. If I had the model structs I could whip import/export into blender fairly quickly.

The main limiting factors with TLC for PC were Quest scripting (compiled into the exe) and the STB level mesh (huge mess of compression).

I and several other people busted our asses off trying to form a modding community. I don't know if I could muster the enthusiasm/spite to do it again if there isn't some lionhead backing.

-Keshire

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 August 2014 08:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70594 is a reply to message #70590] Sun, 24 August 2014 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swanky_e
this is just my opinion , and i can only speak for my self here so my opinion will obviously not appeal to everyone....

the best modding I have ever seen has been on the Nexus mods (skyrim in particular) we can learn much for that example.

I think that FableExplorer"shadownet-build" is very powerful and it has a good clear interface , I am not really good with PC and i still learned how to mod. I do not think it would be smart to create a new mod tool that would be a mistake.

1. Loionhead should download FableExplorer shadownet build exe. and make an update of the program , like filling in all the UNKNOWN lines that are in the data base and make exporting and importing models more flexible.

2. make a prgaram like Nexus mod manager that can Load mods and unload mods aka FMP (FableModPackage) . I think most people reading this know how the nexus mod manger works and can understand how important it is to be able to uninstall a Mod, right now we cant uninstall we can only back up files and then restore if we mess up.

and P.S Kenshire can you release some of your mods on here i know your better than me so i bet you have a much more modified version of Fable on your hard drive, i am curious

Re: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70595 is a reply to message #70594] Sun, 24 August 2014 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Swanky_e wrote on Sun, 24 August 2014 06:29

and P.S Kenshire can you release some of your mods on here i know your better than me so i bet you have a much more modified version of Fable on your hard drive, i am curious

No I do not. I've gone through multiple hard drive failures over the years.

There's a lot of pictures in the gallery that shows me playing with stuff that never got released as mods. Razz

One of the mods I was disappointed to lose was the bandito I played with while testing out effects and dummies attached to the player's skeleton.

The cig has an effect, and is part of the hat model. I had to permanently change the facial expression to the smirk to make it look right though.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 August 2014 07:49]

Re: Fable Anniversary steamworks/modding [message #70608 is a reply to message #70590] Mon, 25 August 2014 15:19 Go to previous message
Swanky_e
that looks really complex too bad that would have been fun to use ,their is nothing quite like that feeling of total data loss

[Updated on: Wed, 10 June 2015 20:29]

Previous Topic: Teen Looks (Exact) Help
Next Topic: General memory structure of Fable process?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:26:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01169 seconds