Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Discussion » Mods » Changing Hero Mesh
Changing Hero Mesh [message #70715] Tue, 30 September 2014 13:11 Go to next message
Sentinel Prime is currently offline  Sentinel Prime
Okay, so using Fable Explorer with the updated def.xml that Keshire kindly supplied I attempted to change the Heroes mesh to that of Scythes.

To do this I used the tutorial that circulated these forums years ago (Go into Creatures > Find the Hero > Replace 4 digit mesh code with that of another Rival Hero)

The changes saved and are still present if I load up game.big but the changed aren't reflected in-game.

Any ideas?
Re: Changing Hero Mesh [message #70716 is a reply to message #70715] Tue, 30 September 2014 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sentinel Prime is currently offline  Sentinel Prime
Quick update: Seems as though my hero has no eyes now, so maybe the change I made to the hero eye mesh half worked? Might have something to do with the "archive not open" message in FE when trying to view the character meshes.

Also, I can change the sheathe properties of weapons to hide them on the hero, so that works!
Re: Changing Hero Mesh [message #70820 is a reply to message #70716] Thu, 08 January 2015 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Izzac is currently offline  Izzac
It still runs on the old engine, so any success on the changes done? Is changes from fable explorer compatible?
Re: Changing Hero Mesh [message #70823 is a reply to message #70820] Fri, 16 January 2015 13:53 Go to previous message
Swagasaurus is currently offline  Swagasaurus
I would suggest using Shadownet over FE because a lot of the definitions are coded into it so you cant load the correct .bin files you need.
But yes some changes are compatible, you will see I was able to switch the SHOT variable of several bows, but our big problem is that you cant change an actual mesh using SN because the files now use a different file format that isnt used with SN. We need to find a way to be able to get weapons and clothes into the Unreal editor and export them for changing.

TL;DR restricted compatibility.
Previous Topic: Concept Art
Next Topic: Changing Hero Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:42:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01090 seconds