Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Discussion » General » Getting Started at a slow pace
Getting Started at a slow pace [message #70717] Thu, 02 October 2014 02:44 Go to next message
Swagasaurus is currently offline  Swagasaurus
So pretty much just a generalized question.
I'm working with Shadownet because I can't get FE to open for some reason, and I can get names and game.bin to open and can change values and whatever else, but none of it seems to change my game? I can go to Creature_Hero and change the Damage and Health click apply but from there nothing else works? Not sure if you guys got it working or not for FE but I was really just wondering if I have to use the "Save and Run" to make the changes final?
On a side note TNG edits are working great.
Re: Getting Started at a slow pace [message #70718 is a reply to message #70717] Thu, 02 October 2014 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Swagasaurus wrote on Thu, 02 October 2014 04:44

just wondering if I have to use the "Save and Run" to make the changes final?

Either that, or recompile big. I believe.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Getting Started at a slow pace [message #70719 is a reply to message #70718] Thu, 02 October 2014 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, though arent the changes made in game.bin? because Im not sure how to recompile the .bin afterwards?

[Updated on: Thu, 02 October 2014 08:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting Started at a slow pace [message #70720 is a reply to message #70719] Thu, 02 October 2014 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Swagasaurus wrote on Thu, 02 October 2014 10:09

Thank you, though arent the changes made in game.bin? because Im not sure how to recompile the .bin afterwards?

Then yes, save and run.

I could have swore that bin edits were saved as soon as you hit the apply button though.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Getting Started at a slow pace [message #70721 is a reply to message #70720] Thu, 02 October 2014 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are, I made a few edits and hit apply on them. Closed it out with out save and run, and reopened them and the changes are still there, though they dont show in-game. gonna try again but you can right click the games.bin in Shadownet and probably FE and click "Save as.." and Im assuming this will recompile it. Then paste it into the folder and try that. Maybe I am fooling with the wrong one though?
FableData\Build\Data\CompiledDefs\Development\Xbox_PC gen?
Re: Getting Started at a slow pace [message #70723 is a reply to message #70721] Fri, 03 October 2014 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Swagasaurus wrote on Thu, 02 October 2014 14:19

They are, I made a few edits and hit apply on them. Closed it out with out save and run, and reopened them and the changes are still there, though they dont show in-game. gonna try again but you can right click the games.bin in Shadownet and probably FE and click "Save as.." and Im assuming this will recompile it. Then paste it into the folder and try that. Maybe I am fooling with the wrong one though?
FableData\Build\Data\CompiledDefs\Development\Xbox_PC gen?

Up a level.
FableData\Build\Data\CompiledDefs\Development\game.bin

You can open the gamehard.bin if you rename it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Getting Started at a slow pace [message #70724 is a reply to message #70723] Fri, 03 October 2014 16:19 Go to previous message
Oh cool yea that worked. Got hero health and damage modded and it worked great, then jumped the gun on editing weapons and broke the files. Thanks though!
Previous Topic: Keshire Let's Play - Fable Hard Mode
Next Topic: .tng edits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:51:40 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01628 seconds