Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Discussion » General » .tng edits
.tng edits [message #70725] Sat, 04 October 2014 04:58 Go to next message
Sentinel Prime is currently offline  Sentinel Prime
Having a bit of difficulty with this. The edits I make in .tng files don't seem to work.

I'll take a chest, give it a new ID, and put my own items in it (for a region I have not visited before) and still nothing comes up. Even tried creating a whole new chest, but no luck.

Edits from FinalAlbion.qst go through fine.

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Edit: Might also be worth noting, tried renaming FinalAlbion.WAD to something else then changing the userst.ini files to use the decompiled .TNGs in the FinalAlbion folder, but this just crashes the game

[Updated on: Sat, 04 October 2014 05:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: .tng edits [message #70726 is a reply to message #70725] Sat, 04 October 2014 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Swagasaurus is currently offline  Swagasaurus
Have you tried just changing the contents of the chest? The other thing is your final Albion file in the correct location?
mine is in
Fable Anniversary\WellingtonGame\FableData\Build\Data\Levels\Final Albion
Re: .tng edits [message #70728 is a reply to message #70725] Sat, 04 October 2014 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just changing to contents doesn't work for me, at all. Whether I've visited the region or not, or changed the UIDs.

My FinalAlbion.WAD file is here:

WellingtonGame\FableData\Build\Data\Levels\FinalAlbion.WAD
Re: .tng edits [message #70730 is a reply to message #70728] Sat, 04 October 2014 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you extract your .wad? Because thats how I have mine done, just remember to extract to
>FableData\Build\Data\

so it will overwrite
>FableData\Build\Data\Levels\

And all your changes will be made in Levels\FinalAlbion

Secondly I also recommend using Notepad++ it makes everything look a lot prettier and easier to read.
Re: .tng edits [message #70731 is a reply to message #70725] Sat, 04 October 2014 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll give it a go, although I don't understand why that will work Confused

From what I can see, FinalAlbion.WAD comes in it's normal form, but all the .TNG files within it are unpacked already in the levels folder.

Aside from that, how would you get it to work without changing the line within the .ini file I mentioned in the first post? Surely Fable is still using the FinalAlbion.WAD file instead of the loose/unpacked ones?
Re: .tng edits [message #70732 is a reply to message #70725] Sat, 04 October 2014 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forgot I did make a change to final_deliverable_userst.ini
I changed UseLevelWAD to false.
Re: .tng edits [message #70733 is a reply to message #70725] Sat, 04 October 2014 11:48 Go to previous message
Got it working! It's the .lev files that were missing from unpacking the .WAD file with freeroam! Thanks for the help!
Previous Topic: Getting Started at a slow pace
Next Topic: Trying to get Fable Explorer/Shadownet to load .fmp correctly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:26:21 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01071 seconds