Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Discussion » General » Trying to get Fable Explorer/Shadownet to load .fmp correctly
icon3.gif  Trying to get Fable Explorer/Shadownet to load .fmp correctly [message #70741] Mon, 06 October 2014 21:17 Go to next message
Swagasaurus is currently offline  Swagasaurus
Pretty much I have shadownet working by not allowing it to load any files and manually loading in names.bin and then game.bin on top of that, the problem is I can't load any old .fmps even if they only mess with the game.bin file. Something like adding a weapon to your inventory or changing the hero mesh.
What is the correct load order for all the files? The ones I know FE uses are
Toggle Spoiler

Though there might be some I am forgetting.

I know names has to come before frontend or game.bin but it also looks like the effects.big was replaced by several versions of particles.bbb so something has to be changed with that also.

Trying to get this sorted so maybe we can get a tool for just Fable Anniversary and will be a lot more community friendly. Also I miss using the old exploding chicken yew bow.
Re: Trying to get Fable Explorer/Shadownet to load .fmp correctly [message #70743 is a reply to message #70741] Tue, 07 October 2014 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sentinel Prime is currently offline  Sentinel Prime
I think you can change the .bbb files to a .stb (or something) extension, which can be loaded with ShadowNet.

Seems like we can only change so much now, as the graphics (meshes, textures etc) are stored in a .upk file now for the Unreal Engine, so swapping meshes wont work.

You could always change the files extension of the .fmp to a .bin and view it's content, then replicate the changes manually.
Re: Trying to get Fable Explorer/Shadownet to load .fmp correctly [message #70748 is a reply to message #70741] Tue, 07 October 2014 09:27 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
There are a few individual xml defs that have changed between F:TLC and F:A. Some changes will need to be manually redone. A majority of old FMPs won't work.

The textures and meshes will need to be imported into UnrealED. New objects are a no go though unless someone has the time to figure out workarounds.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 October 2014 09:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: .tng edits
Next Topic: what is your Reaction to Fable Anniversary?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:32:47 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01310 seconds