Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Discussion » General » Changing the Hero.
Changing the Hero. [message #71028] Sun, 26 July 2015 23:01 Go to next message
Markeyz is currently offline  Markeyz
Is changing the Hero to another mesh possible? I have been attempting to change the Hero's mesh to Whisper, but the Hero comes out blank. Confused Let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly, or if any steps to need to further taken please... thanks.
-Markeyz.
Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71029 is a reply to message #71028] Mon, 27 July 2015 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
The staff animations fmp restores the original hero. So, if you want staff animations, don't edit the model until you load that fmp.

1. First, you should backup CREATURE_HERO to an fmp in case you screw something up. But you already fucked it up, so I'll upload the original hero creature entry.
2. To actually change the mesh that the creature uses, open up CREATURE_HERO and, in this case, CREATURE_RIVAL_HERO_WHISPER since you want to use the Whisper model.
3. Copy the model ID from the Whisper creature entry and paste it to the Hero's. Make sure to also copy the scale in case it's different. (This is important for the eye model)
4. Eye model- Copy the eye model ID and paste it to the hero's. Then copy and paste the scale.
5. Done. There's a lot more extra shit you can add to make it more like a transformation.
When you sheathe your weapon, it will probably be placed strangely.
I remember using a no-sheathe mod to make your weapons disappear when you sheathe them, but all I can find is a tutorial to make certain weapons disappear when sheathed.

OldBoy wrote on Fri, 18 May 2007 17:51

1. Open up FE
2. Under OBJECT go to the weapon you want.
3. Open the CDefs
3. Scroll down untill you see CWeaponDef
4. Open the link to view it
5. Find control byte 9151B4EC (with the words "Link is used with bow" or "Quiver Object" depending on the def.xml you have).
6. Change it's value from -1 to 0
7. Click 'Save changes' and 'Actions' and 'Save Mods and run Fable'

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 July 2015 15:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71030 is a reply to message #71029] Mon, 27 July 2015 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Inside the below zipped file, you will find an fmp to restore the original hero creature entry and an fmp to load the changes that I just explained. I suggest using my amazingly wonderful animation fix mod to fix any funky running animations that may occur while you play as your new model!
Also, I suggest you download Keshire's staff animations and Sean_s' staff animations fix.
Once you've loaded the staff animation fmps, add a staff such as Whispers staff (5584) to the Hero creature entry in one of the weapon slots.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 July 2015 15:43]

Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71033 is a reply to message #71030] Wed, 29 July 2015 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't this the method for Fable:TLC? I recognize doing that for Fable: TLC, but now I have Fable Anniversary, and I'm currently working with FE by manually loading my Game.Bin.
Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71034 is a reply to message #71028] Thu, 30 July 2015 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone? Anything?...
Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71035 is a reply to message #71034] Thu, 30 July 2015 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I am not able to load the game.bin from Anniversary, so I'm not sure what works and what doesn't. I would assume it's the same procedure. I'm pretty sure the fmps won't work though. Also, this thread is not in the Anniversary category. Next time, please post anything regarding Fable: Anniversary in the Anniversary category. This will prevent me from posting entire tutorials for the wrong game. You could have at least specified which fucking game.
BTW, don't double post unless necessary. You could have just edited the previous post and added your two, single worded questions and we would all get the notification.

None of the fmps that I linked or uploaded will work on Anniversary.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Thu, 30 July 2015 21:52]

Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71044 is a reply to message #71035] Sat, 01 August 2015 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL You're deleting my messages now huh? What? I spoke the truth, and you're feeling embarrassed? What a shame. Smile
Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71045 is a reply to message #71044] Sat, 01 August 2015 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
This is a forum where we discuss Fable. I haven't deleted any posts but there's probably a reason why it got deleted. We aren't here to troll.

If you want me to actually help, refrain from posting anything irrelevant.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 02 August 2015 01:41]

Re: Changing the Hero. [message #71046 is a reply to message #71044] Sun, 02 August 2015 02:44 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Markeyz wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 12:48

LOL You're deleting my messages now huh? What? I spoke the truth, and you're feeling embarrassed? What a shame. Smile

That was me. Thread locked.

Previous Topic: Fable explorer + Fable anniversary
Next Topic: halp with unhandled exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:20:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01134 seconds