Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Development » Mods » Weapons Allowed Everywhere
Weapons Allowed Everywhere [message #71052] Tue, 04 August 2015 01:44 Go to next message
Sparrow
I looked through some simple definition edits for FTLC here on the forum and recreated them for FA.
Note: THIS MOD HAS BEEN COMPRESSED
TLC thread

How to apply mods

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2016 15:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapons Allowed Everywhere [message #71057 is a reply to message #71052] Wed, 05 August 2015 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Oopsie doopsie. I forgot to add the Bordello. Here.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Weapons Allowed Everywhere [message #71451 is a reply to message #71052] Sat, 27 August 2016 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lawofzero is currently offline  lawofzero
I noticed that you also made it legal to have your weapons drawn? Here is an alternative that allows you to use your weapons but it will still be a crime to have your weapons drawn in towns.
Re: Weapons Allowed Everywhere [message #71765 is a reply to message #71052] Wed, 05 February 2020 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xonemanlegacy is currently offline  xonemanlegacy
I would like to convert this mod into a drag and drop zip by installing it on my own computer then packaging it so that it can be easily installed using nexusmods. I know a lot of people would like to mod fable but haven't had any luck with the software or just cant be bothered to learn how to use any of it.
Re: Weapons Allowed Everywhere [message #71768 is a reply to message #71765] Sat, 02 May 2020 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avarice is currently offline  Avarice
As long as you credit them, I am sure they wouldn't mind Smile
Cool to hear that you try and make them more accessible for people.

Just another fan of the best game that was ever created...
Re: Weapons Allowed Everywhere [message #71775 is a reply to message #71765] Tue, 19 May 2020 15:46 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
xonemanlegacy wrote on Wed, 05 February 2020 10:41
I would like to convert this mod into a drag and drop zip by installing it on my own computer then packaging it so that it can be easily installed using nexusmods. I know a lot of people would like to mod fable but haven't had any luck with the software or just cant be bothered to learn how to use any of it.
The problem with that is two-fold:
1. It makes distribution of other mods impossible. If you have a modded game.bin with one mod on it, and you drag'n'drop another modded game.bin over it, you've erased the initial mod, and probably broke someone's save.
2. The game.bin is 14761 original entries. If you change one, or even a thousand, the remainder are still original entries. I know I'm retired and barely active but we prefer to limit distribution of original content as much as possible. It's part of the core of our foundation. We've provided an acceptable means of distribution and would like people to use it. It's not unreasonable.

However, if anyone wants to one-up our own distribution methods, I'm open to it. An ideal way would be to decompile the binaries. Then you can drag and drop whatever you want in your binary set, recompile the binaries, producing new game.bin/script.bin etc. without distribution of original content. If someone makes that tool, something similar to Fable Explorer that can be made to read and edit the individual files, it would benefit everyone.

In the meantime I'll be removing posts containing entire game archives.
Previous Topic: DLC Clothing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:59:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01056 seconds