Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Def.Xml for Fable 1.0?
Def.Xml for Fable 1.0? [message #71425] Sun, 15 May 2016 11:10 Go to next message
blastedt is currently offline  blastedt

Hey,

Anyone have a def.xml to run Chocolate Box with 1.0 files ripped from an Xbox disc? Me and a few comrades are trying to find more cut content - there's an early version of Archon's Folly in the 1.0 files, as well as evidence it was supposed to be behind a Demon Door in Darkwood or Hook Coast. We want to get in and see if the original Dragon's CCreatureDef is inside but we can only get into Graphics.Big and Names.Bin and everything else breaks.

I'm gonna get a hex editor and try to figure this out all manual like but figure it's worth asking if anyone has one already.

Blastedt
Re: Def.Xml for Fable 1.0? [message #71432 is a reply to message #71425] Fri, 20 May 2016 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Wouldn't using Albion Explorer to delve into level data and FE to look at related graphical entries work just as well?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Def.Xml for Fable 1.0? [message #71578 is a reply to message #71425] Sat, 05 November 2016 13:30 Go to previous message
blastedt is currently offline  blastedt

We have used Explorer to use level data (and in fact the terrain data loads fine into PC 1.5 if you extract the map and replace Archon's Folly) but we're trying to restore the dragon creature and its AI and really as much of the quest as possible. We know that it at least has different textures and presumably a different model (the textures left behind in 1.5 don't fit the new model) and we have some various inklings of what it was supposed to do - the map is littered with fly waypoints. name.bin contains the string "BRAIN_DRAGON" so there's quite possibly a brain left behind in the 1.5 exe. Last ditch is attempting to write a 1.0 mod for xbox to restore the dragon and its brain.

Since I've made this post I looked into it a bit more in-depth and realized that I have absolutely no idea how to write a def.xml for it. Shit's like 15k lines.

A def.xml would do a lot more for us than restoring the beta Dragon Cliff. 1.5 has a shitload of cut content left behind in the files and there's every indication that 1.0 has much more. I'd love to see anything relating to guild challenges left behind, or even if those weird floating lava cubes have more data left.

Blastedt

[Updated on: Sat, 05 November 2016 13:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ABILITY TO MARRY ALL CARACTERS
Next Topic: Garo,skeleton knight and red dragon emperor armor request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:46:06 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01228 seconds