Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable Anniversary » Development » Advanced » Unreal Editing Tools
Unreal Editing Tools [message #71464] Sun, 28 August 2016 05:55 Go to next message
lawofzero is currently offline  lawofzero
Apologies if I put this in the wrong section but this requires hex editing so I thought it would belong here.

Files within 'WellingtonGame\CookedPC' can be edited using information from this Hex editing UPK files Tutorial
The main tool for viewing the contents of UPK and U files is UE Explorer and there are also some necessary extra tools.

Files in CookedPC need to first be decompressed with the Unreal Package Decompressor tool (they can also be completely extracted with the Extractor tool). Once you have a decompressed it can be viewed with UE Explorer.

I've been questioning whether trying to mod this Anniversary edition is even worth it but for those interested, here is something else to play around with.

Life has other plans for me at the moment so I can't make any promises but I hope to make some UI tweaks with this method, such as removing the 'autosave' startup screen and speeding up/removing that annoying book opening animation everytime you start up the game.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2016 05:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unreal Editing Tools [message #71485 is a reply to message #71464] Mon, 29 August 2016 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I don't think Unreal will work with Fable. Somewhere there is a discussion about how weird Fable was created, that's why the site owner(s) and a few others gave us FE and AE and cbox.

My knowledge of how code works is very limited, so you may be able to work something out with the tools you mention. Either way thanks for posting those links to Unreal tools, I will have a look and see if I can mod my old Unreal games.

Re: Unreal Editing Tools [message #71488 is a reply to message #71485] Mon, 29 August 2016 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lawofzero is currently offline  lawofzero
This is for the Anniversary Edition which has been sort of ported to Unreal Engine 3. All the original Fable Data is still there to be edited with the old tools but there is also additional Unreal data and these tools definitely work with those files. I don't have the Modding DLC however, so maybe this is useless to people who have that, I wouldn't know yet.
Re: Unreal Editing Tools [message #71496 is a reply to message #71488] Tue, 30 August 2016 20:14 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

It's worth noting that the original Fable data is packed kind of weirdly, at least regarding the .big data. Though it uses recognized .big variants, it's not actually packed as a .big file typically is, so FE can't read it. It's weird.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Fable Explorer
Next Topic: Mac Debug Symbols
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:47:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01161 seconds