Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Hero save fix for xbox anyone?
Hero save fix for xbox anyone? [message #10025] Fri, 14 July 2006 23:34 Go to next message
naqahdahboy is currently offline  naqahdahboy
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I thought i'd ask a question. Is there a mod for xbox around here that stops the hero save glitch? (that is lets you hero save as many times as you want without wrecking the save file). I have been looking around and i have seen that people are requesting stuffed hero save files. I would be happy to provide these though i dont know how to transfer the files from my xbox to pc. My xbox has an evolution x chip installed in it. i also have a computer crossover cable that i could plug into the back of my xbox.

thanks!

Joe

20 Hours in the arena to max out my stats...
Re: Hero save fix for xbox anyone? [message #10026 is a reply to message #10025] Sat, 15 July 2006 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
I do have a corrupted save in my possession. What people say is that if you save a ton of times it corrupts your save. This is of course not fully true. I haven't had the full time to rip this save apart but from early reading it seems that the size of this save is the problem. 1.44 MB is the initial decompression size of the second chunk in the save I have. All this data is still compressed with a weaker zlib. This is compared to a 200kb save that I usually have, you can see the dramatic difference.

Thanks to someone over at Lionhead boards there is a temp fix. This concept is applied to xbox just as well.
http://allboards.lionhead.com/showpost.php?p=2135120&pos tcount=39

What I assume is happening is when it tries to merge the Quest Save with the Hero Save it simply cannont merge the two together due to a file size problem with the Hero Save file being so large. If this is the case it will be a fun fix indeed. The Xbox is also signed so just a little bit more fun Wink

If you are using a modded dash on your Xbox you should be able to ftp into the box. A few Tuts here: http://xbox-scene.com/xbox-tutorials.php?p=481|482|#482

I know, I still don't have a definite answer on the save issue. In time I guess... Rolling Eyes

::Edit:: found the culprit in the save I have. Bowerstone Slums decompresses to around 90mb all of it being contained in CTCHeroReceiveItems (all text of objects etc). So um yeah...yikes

[Updated on: Sat, 15 July 2006 01:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero save fix for xbox anyone? [message #10030 is a reply to message #10026] Sat, 15 July 2006 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Ok. Maybe I need more saves to look at......
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9687/corruptedsavekz8.th.jpg
Rolling Eyes
Re: Hero save fix for xbox anyone? [message #10044 is a reply to message #10026] Sat, 15 July 2006 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Silverback wrote on Sat, 15 July 2006 02:19

::Edit:: found the culprit in the save I have. Bowerstone Slums decompresses to around 90mb all of it being contained in CTCHeroReceiveItems (all text of objects etc). So um yeah...yikes

HOLY SHIT! crazyness!

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
NPC Dialogue Error Save Help [message #46179 is a reply to message #10025] Sat, 11 October 2008 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PsyberGoth is currently offline  PsyberGoth
Hi. This Post: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5636& ;start=0& has a description of my problem, and this post has my save etc. Please take a look at both in order to see if it is a save problem. BTW, JohnDoe said to post it here, but i may have misunderstood. Thanks
  • Attachment: Saves.rar
    (Size: 1.84MB, Downloaded 529 times)
Re: NPC Dialogue Error Save Help [message #46184 is a reply to message #46179] Sat, 11 October 2008 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Yea, if it was a bad call, let the moderators take it out on me.
Just to be clear on something though, I'm not even going to be looking for how to fix it, just wanted to get some experience with these things. On that note, at first glance, most of them look fine. I'll be taking a closer look and hopefully I can talk Silver into giving me some hands-on training with this. By the way, why two saves at the Bordello? Razz
Re: NPC Dialogue Error Save Help [message #46355 is a reply to message #46184] Fri, 17 October 2008 05:23 Go to previous message
PsyberGoth is currently offline  PsyberGoth
had stuff modded in behind demon door
Previous Topic: changing enemy's weapons??
Next Topic: Hero Changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:33:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01108 seconds