Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: The Expanded Chapters (Beta Version 0.9) (A total conversion mod for Fable TLC that makes it more of a sandbox experience. Three years in the making.)
Fable: The Expanded Chapters (Beta Version 0.9) [message #71782] Fri, 03 July 2020 13:00 Go to next message
Avarice is currently offline  Avarice
A little trailer video that I made using both the Debug build's free cam for Fable: The Lost Chapters, to help promote the beta version of my mod, while I spend the next few days testing it out and making sure everything is playable.

Link to trailer video of the mod on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g_HZyotbzc&list=PLPOVgJ Gt6qPcJ4L-ijkLD3cBVch4R_gOK&index=2&t=0s
Link to download this mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5533q7401...

If you would like more frequent updates on this project, then feel free to visit my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/9YxZ47k

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ -----

Fable: The Expanded Chapters is a full-scale World/Region Mod, made using both .TNG edits and Fable Mod Packages. You see, I originally just wanted to connect all the regions in the game, so I didn't have to see a loading screen every five minutes. However, I decided that it would be a great idea to take advantage of this and change some things around.

I say some things. This literally changes the whole entire game.

The mod is somewhat lore-friendly, but quests are 100% unavailable. Instead, the aim of this mod is to explore the world, collect treasure and kill creatures. I will try my best to place things in a way that makes sense.

You start off the mod in your house, however, your new house is in a place called 'Bloodstone' (a recreation of the version of Oakvale that you start off in, as a kid) and instead of just heading on to the guild, you have the freedom to start anywhere you like. This is done through the teleportation network in Bloodstone known as 'The Precipice of Fate'.

This mod is also compatible with some Weapon or Armour mods from this site after installing my mod (in a similar vain to the New Item Pack v2.5 which heavily inspired me to go through with this), then you will find that some shopkeepers will sell them in their special stores. This was done to make as many items / pieces of equipment compatible with my mod as possible. So go out there, kill a bunch of bandits or trolls, sell your loot and buy some weapons and armour that is truly fit for a Hero!

Just another fan of the best game that was ever created...

[Updated on: Sat, 04 July 2020 10:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters (Beta Version 0.9) [message #71788 is a reply to message #71782] Sat, 25 July 2020 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
Hi Avarice, this looks and sounds fantastic, but the dropbox link is broken.

Edit: No worries, found it on the Discord server! Quick question though, just seen the screenshots of Knothole Island, what software are you using to edit landscapes?

[Updated on: Sat, 25 July 2020 07:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters (Beta Version 0.9) [message #71789 is a reply to message #71788] Sun, 26 July 2020 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a project I am working on using The Debug Build of Fable. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be right of me to release the files for it when it is completed. But there is nothing that says I can't show others what progress I am making. Thanks for joining!

Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters (Beta Version 0.9) [message #71791 is a reply to message #71789] Sun, 26 July 2020 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
No worries, I was just curious. Good on you for getting hold of it, I pretty much gave up all hope of that happening when Lionhead bit the dust.
Re: Fable: The Expanded Chapters (Beta Version 0.9) [message #71792 is a reply to message #71782] Mon, 27 July 2020 02:08 Go to previous message
Hmmm, it appears I can't edit my main post.
Oh well. Here is the new link to the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fablethelostchapters/mods/7

Previous Topic: Project Enhanced Mod (FRC)
Next Topic: The Content Museum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:52:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01044 seconds