Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Packages » The Unofficial Fable Patch (Fixing bugs you didn't need fixed since 2019)
The Unofficial Fable Patch [message #71805] Wed, 19 May 2021 21:29
Wyntilda is currently offline  Wyntilda
Hi. I haven't been on this forum for about 8 years.

I've been working for a second or two on the Unofficial Fable Patch, which aims to fix all bugs and inconsistencies in Fable. While "all of them" is an impossible goal, I believe I've fixed the majority of the real balance-skewing ones (i.e. the economy) as well as some simple quality of life fixes. I use a somewhat unconvential method to install (using bsdiff for patches), so just click the UFP-patcher.bat file and run it. This mod should be installed before any other mods so that other mods can overwrite this one. This aims to be as vanilla and unopinionated as possible. Currently, Xbox versions (2004 and XTLC) are being tested and will be released when they're ready. After that, I'll start on Anniversary.

A full list of changes:
  • Fixed issue where Northern Wastes Balverines were using incorrect armour type, as opposed to their own unique one
  • Fixed inconsistency where hero would reach max age well before all skill levels were purchased
  • Fixed issue where not enough melee weapon inventory slots were present to account for all obtainable weapons
  • Fixed issue in which consuming more than 5 Will Master's Elixirs and 4 Elixirs of Life resulted in no stat changes
  • Moved Sword of Aeons to its proper quest section in the Chamber of Fate level script
  • Fixed issue in which Physique and Heal Life skill videos would not play on Windows 10 due to header data
  • Removes poppy CoverValue due to broken mechanics and property inconsistency, and to remain consistent with the upcoming Unofficial Fable Anniversary Patch, where it's being removed due to inconsistencies between LEV data and UE3 landscape data
  • Fixed inconsistency where the teleport marker in the Heroes' Guild had half the radius of any other teleport marker or the marker for the experience pedestal opposite of it
  • Fixed issue where the Frying Pan had more augmentation slots than the augmentation interface would permit under normal circumstances
  • Lowered the teleporter pedestal in the Heroes' Guild to be level with the floor leading to it, and level with the experience pedestal opposite of it
  • Fixed issue where Demon Doors were damageable in certain states
  • Fixed trade exploitation
  • Associated Wizard Hats with their respective suits
  • Fixed issue where Assassin Rush would be interrupted by a lack of walkable area beneath Guild Cave bridge
You can also refer to CHANGELOG.txt for a more verbose list with exact values.

Mirrors:
Nexus Mods
GitHub

Enjoy! And let me know if you run into any errors. The version that is up now is going to be the "frozen" definitive version for the time being, meaning I can begin working on compatibility patches for anyone who wants them. If you send me uncompressed FMPs, I can byte patch them directly.

Leaves fall
in the autumn
of lives
that appear
to be worthless
to some,
utmost ignorant.

Necrophagist - Epitaph
Previous Topic: Alternative Soundtrack v1.0
Next Topic: Make All Homes Marital Homes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:35:38 PDT 2024