Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Easy Scar / Bruise removal.
icon14.gif  Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #12301] Sun, 03 September 2006 17:25 Go to next message
Myst is currently offline  Myst
The second Do-It-Yourself-Noob-Proof-5 step-All that and a bag of chips- Guide, for people demanding a way to remove Scars and /or bruises.

First things first, you need Fable Explorer, related link in the Wiki. Install it, browse it a little, scratch your head again and let's begin.

Step ONE. Open Fable Explorer, and look for CREATURE in the scrollbar to your left, as seen HERE

Step TWO Double-click CREATURE and scroll down until you CREATURE_HERO (it's number 1470) and double-click it. You should end up HERE

Step THREE Now click on the CREATURE_HERO item in the left panel and scroll down until you find "Links to (NamesBINEnum) : CCreatureDef". Two rows down there is a blue link, called " Links to (GameBINEntryID): ". Click it as shown HERE.

Step FOUR The new panel you see has way more information than the bits you need, so just select the "Skin Effect" sub-item in the scrollbar. Now, You should see a list with tables and different Links. Delete them all. There should be 25 of them, as specified in the (int)Skin Effects Array. Change the 25 into a big fat 0 after deleting all those pesky tables. You end result should be like THIS.

Step FIVE After deletion of the array entires, click "Apply changes" button and than either save the game.bin manually (right click, Save As), or in the FE Menu, click Action / Save Mods and Run Fable.

The End.

Personal Note: You SHOULD be able to remove the scars only and leave bruises activated, or the other way around. From what I have seen, you can also change their timers and such, but I didnt have the chance to test it.

For the old-school-hot-shot-game-modder-gurus out there complaining about my method: Sorry guys, this is my 2nd day using FE and/or modding in general, it MAY look childish but I figured it on my own it a very limited time Sad

[Updated on: Sun, 03 September 2006 21:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #12483 is a reply to message #12301] Sat, 09 September 2006 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mithril is currently offline  Mithril
Is there a way to get scars back after removing the 25 Arrays?
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #12496 is a reply to message #12301] Sun, 10 September 2006 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Replace the entries you removed or replace the editied file with a backup copy.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #13270 is a reply to message #12496] Mon, 09 October 2006 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enigma30767 is currently offline  enigma30767
probably a stupid question, but does this disable the scars or just remove the ones you already have?

behold the turtle....mother nature's crack baby
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #13278 is a reply to message #12301] Mon, 09 October 2006 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
It disables the graphics the game would use to create the scars and bruises. Without these files new scars and bruises will not appear and I would imagine that the game will be unable to draw any scars or bruises you already have.

But what we put there.
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #16238 is a reply to message #12301] Sun, 28 January 2007 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravor is currently offline  Ravor
Ok, now for what is quite possibly the stupidest question of all, although 'Scars' will never completely fade away, 'Bruises' do completely disappear in this game right?

And what happens if I don't change the number from 25 to whatever?

Thanks,
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #16245 is a reply to message #16238] Sun, 28 January 2007 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Ravor wrote on Sun, 28 January 2007 20:03

Ok, now for what is quite possibly the stupidest question of all, although 'Scars' will never completely fade away, 'Bruises' do completely disappear in this game right?

And what happens if I don't change the number from 25 to whatever?

Thanks,

Bruises do dissappear. Scars have a healed version. Bruises do not. So they just fade away. Assuming you don't keep getting them repeatedly.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #36498 is a reply to message #12301] Sat, 05 January 2008 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
squarti is currently offline  squarti
I can't figure out how to get to the right parts of the Explorer Sad

For some reason I can't see the demonstration pictures, and I am not sure if I am following Step 3 correctly. I don't see anything about skin effects. Please help

>>>
err... somehow I got it to show skin effects - but I still can't see tutorial pics
I must have hit the wrong thing
sorry about that Embarassed

[Updated on: Sat, 05 January 2008 19:55]

Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #37831 is a reply to message #12301] Sat, 09 February 2008 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajax91 is currently offline  Ajax91

Uh... I'm not sure what I'm doig wrong, but I can't get this to work and the screenshots aren't loading. Could someone please help me? I know this is meant to be like modding for Noobs, but I just cant get it to work... Thanks! Any help would be really appreciated! Very Happy

Note: I'm not sure really what I'm doing wrong, but after i get into Creature_Hero all of the directories seem to be either different from the ones described, or they have unknown as a name... have i done something wrong when installing or what? Please help!
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #37845 is a reply to message #12301] Sat, 09 February 2008 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Try downloading the newest xml from the Fable Explorer thread.

Once you have this, paste it into the folder where you have the app and say yes when you're asked to overwrite. This should fill in a few blanks.

But what we put there.
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #37846 is a reply to message #37845] Sat, 09 February 2008 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
About 500+ blanks, not to mention the edits/corrections made in the new one. Hmm, Satan, you used to be on top of keeping the installers up to date.
icon10.gif  Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #37863 is a reply to message #12301] Sun, 10 February 2008 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajax91 is currently offline  Ajax91

Oooh I got it working now! I was looking in the wrong part of the window, I think it'll be fine now. Thanks for the help guys! And I have the latest explorer, by the way, but it's ok cause it's working!!! I can stay good looking forever now!!! Mwahahahaha!!! Twisted Evil
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #37864 is a reply to message #37846] Sun, 10 February 2008 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 10 February 2008 00:19

you used to be on top of keeping the installers up to date.

These days I have just enough free time to clean up after the children here and a few other things. Besides that, the current crop of residents we have are hardly an encouragement.

But what we put there.
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #43432 is a reply to message #12301] Tue, 01 July 2008 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yammen is currently offline  Yammen

Hello, I decided to make an FMP for the Xbox version of Fable The Lost Chapters since it I noticed how difficult it was to set everything up and do it yourself. It removes bruises and scars.
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #45314 is a reply to message #12301] Wed, 03 September 2008 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clock is currently offline  Clock
But will it also remove how people *react* to me?
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #46237 is a reply to message #12301] Sun, 12 October 2008 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tiox is currently offline  tiox
Could any create this mod for PC?

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6836/evilfq4.jpg
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #46238 is a reply to message #46237] Sun, 12 October 2008 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The original post is a set of instructions on how to do it manually for PC. Can you do this yourself? Hint: Just follow the instructions. If you need help with a specific step, ask for help with any particular step and we'll help you (but you'll be ridiculed). We won't cater to your wants though, especially when you can easily do it yourself and the instructions are right there for you to see.

Welcome to the site.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 October 2008 23:40]

Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #46239 is a reply to message #12301] Mon, 13 October 2008 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, well...

Myst wrote on Sun, 03 September 2006 17:25

Step THREE Now click on the CREATURE_HERO item in the left panel and scroll down until you find "Links to (NamesBINEnum) : CCreatureDef". Two rows down there is a blue link, called " Links to (GameBINEntryID): ". Click it as shown HERE.

I don't see "Links to (NamesBINEnum) : CCreatureDef". Two rows down there is a blue link, called " Links to (GameBINEntryID): "
I haven't access to linked image in post.
I look at right panel, but I don't see!
Could you please explain, where's it?
I use FE with last updated xml. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 13 October 2008 01:53]

Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #46247 is a reply to message #46239] Mon, 13 October 2008 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
This is one of those things that could be explained better, the image link being invalid doesn't help, but anyone who takes a second to try figuring it out usually does.
And here we go
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #46249 is a reply to message #12301] Mon, 13 October 2008 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's really great!
Could you please create such guide for step 4?
It's very difficult for me.
I beginner in this =.="

icon6.gif  Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #47609 is a reply to message #36498] Thu, 27 November 2008 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thezyman is currently offline  Thezyman

i don't know if you got help or were just badgered but i had that problem and you should try double clicking the words in the left column of the pop up window, again i was too lazy to read all the comments to see if you got help but w/e at least i'm being nice right?!

Awesome
Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #57893 is a reply to message #46237] Mon, 21 June 2010 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kishin is currently offline  Kishin
tiox wrote on Mon, 13 October 2008 03:36

Could any create this mod for PC?

Has this mod? if you could also take the will effects

sorry I'm using a translator, I am Brazilian.

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7173/signfp.jpg

Brazilian Player!

[Updated on: Mon, 21 June 2010 10:58]

Re: Easy Scar / Bruise removal. [message #58491 is a reply to message #45314] Tue, 13 July 2010 10:23 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Clock wrote on Wed, 03 September 2008 07:28

But will it also remove how people *react* to me?

It may have been a couple of years but I can point this in the right direction. You still receive scars in-game. Just no graphics are drawn. To fix npc reactions someone would need to map out what the OPINION_* definitions do.

I'm pretty sure one of them hasn't even been completely mapped in the xml either.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Easy Weapon Damage Guide.
Next Topic: Easy adding clothing and hair guide.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:40:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01153 seconds