Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Easy Old Age effect removal.  () 1 Vote
icon14.gif  Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12302] Sun, 03 September 2006 18:01 Go to next message
Myst is currently offline  Myst
Yet the third Do-It-Yourself-Noob-Proof-5 step-All that and a bag of chips- Guide, for all those that want their characters looking eternally young.

First things first, you need Fable Explorer, related link in the Wiki. Install it, browse it a little, scratch your head again and let's begin.

Step ONE. Open Fable Explorer, and look for CREATURE in the scrollbar to your left, as seen HERE.

Step TWO Double-click CREATURE and scroll down until you CREATURE_HERO (it's number 1470) and double-click it. You should end up HERE.

Step THREE Now click on the CREATURE_HERO item in the left panel and scroll down until you find "Links to (NamesBINEnum) : CHeroMorphDef", followed by a number. Under that number, there is a blue link called "Links to (GameBINEntryID): ", just click it as shown HERE.

Step FOUR In the newly-opened panel, you should see a long list of tables, with various link references. Delete them as shown here, BUT CAREFUL, as these are ALL you character morphs. Delete ONLY the ones where you see the word "OLD" in them, as shown HERE. If you delete any other items, such as Light or Evil, Anti-Tan or Will morphs, your character's appearance will never change. So don't go on a blind delete strike, just the ones with the word "OLD" in them. Frankly as a personal choice, I left the character's hair alone (head hair, body hair, facial hair), replaced "old eyes" with "blind eyes" and left the old mouth alone, leaving me only the BUMPS to delete.
To delete the wrinkly skin only, just delete the entries that have both "OLD" and "BUMP" words in them. This should leave your char looking old and yet not watered-down.

Step FIVE After deletion of the array entries, click "Apply changes" button and than either save the game.bin manually (right click, Save As), or in the FE Menu, click Action / Save Mods and Run Fable.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 September 2006 21:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12308 is a reply to message #12302] Sun, 03 September 2006 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

good job. i especially like the inclusion of pictures so our younger memebers dont get bored Razz

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 September 2006 22:19]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12317 is a reply to message #12302] Sun, 03 September 2006 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, the screenshots are for members like me, that have absolutely no ideea what to do to get things workin' Embarassed.
A more rudimentary, user-friendly aproach, you may say Very Happy
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12324 is a reply to message #12302] Mon, 04 September 2006 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

A more rudimentary, user-friendly, and simply easy approach in my view! Good little tutorials, keep them up! Razz

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12491 is a reply to message #12302] Sat, 09 September 2006 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
killa2387 is currently offline  killa2387
thanks, but for some reason it isnt working for . ive deleted all the "old" arrays i didnt want and still every time i load my game i have white hair. ive tried leaving town or telepoering going bald, and still white hair.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 September 2006 16:54]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12513 is a reply to message #12302] Mon, 11 September 2006 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D00M3D2 is currently offline  D00M3D2
you could have not started the game from fable explorer so that might be why it is not working or if you folowed the directions percisely its made that he ages but just slightley

There is no such thing as a dumb question just an inquizitive idiot.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12519 is a reply to message #12513] Mon, 11 September 2006 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the first time you change something in fe you have to start fable through it or else it will not save/apply the changes

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,

[Updated on: Mon, 11 September 2006 16:22] by Moderator

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12520 is a reply to message #12302] Mon, 11 September 2006 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's no need for a fresh start of the game in this case, but what you forgot is to save the mods you made. Start Fable from within FE and you should have no problems.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12521 is a reply to message #12520] Mon, 11 September 2006 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

wasnt that just said in three different ways Razz

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12525 is a reply to message #12302] Tue, 12 September 2006 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
killa2387 is currently offline  killa2387
lol no, ive applied then i choose the save and run option. the arrays arent there each tme i start fe but my hair still seems to be white. i dont know, does being 100% good make your hair white? because my evil chartacters hair is black. i only deleted the old -hair- arrays, should i delete the old bumps too or is that just for skin. like theres one that says bump skin old face hair or something like that

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 06:47]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #12530 is a reply to message #12525] Tue, 12 September 2006 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

being 100% good makes you hair a really really light blonde, it looks white in most lighting

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #13748 is a reply to message #12530] Wed, 25 October 2006 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Obsidia is currently offline  Obsidia

Is this the same process on xbox?

Ok, when I open CHeroMorphDef, where it says Link to (main texture id), it says archive not open. What do I do?

I have converted both textures and graphics from biz to big. Still get the same results.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 October 2006 08:21]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #13786 is a reply to message #13748] Wed, 25 October 2006 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Obsidia wrote on Wed, 25 October 2006 09:28

Is this the same process on xbox?

Ok, when I open CHeroMorphDef, where it says Link to (main texture id), it says archive not open. What do I do?

I have converted both textures and graphics from biz to big. Still get the same results.

Did you open them in FE? Either way the stat used is 4 and 5.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 October 2006 21:38]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #14193 is a reply to message #12302] Wed, 08 November 2006 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LastSlash is currently offline  LastSlash

The links in your post do not work for me. Just FYI.

"What dreams may come, when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause."
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #14861 is a reply to message #12302] Sun, 26 November 2006 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surkis is currently offline  Surkis
Yeah, the pictures seem like they could be very helpfull but they don't work.

I'm stuck at what to do after you click on "creature hero 1470" or something to that effect and i'm basically lost at that point.

Sad
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #14973 is a reply to message #14861] Sun, 03 December 2006 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MXGear is currently offline  MXGear
Surkis wrote on Sun, 26 November 2006 03:54

Yeah, the pictures seem like they could be very helpfull but they don't work.

I'm stuck at what to do after you click on "creature hero 1470" or something to that effect and i'm basically lost at that point.

Sad

After you find CREATURE, click the little plus sign to the left of it. Scroll down to "CREATURE_HERO"(It's in numerical order so you can just keep going until you see 1470).

Once you locate CREATURE_HERO, double click it. A window to the right of the scroll down menu should pop up. In the left part of that window you should just see "CREATURE" with the little plus next to it. Just click on it (don't double click). To the right of CREATURE, a bunch of crap should of just come up.

Now using the scroll bar all the way to the right of Fable Explorer, scroll down until you see "Links to (NamesBINEnum) : CHeroMorphDef". This will be in plain black text. Once you locate it, click the first blue link in the table entitled "Links to (GameBINEntryID): ".

Once you click that, you'll see a new menu pop, similar to one you were just navigating. On the left side of that menu you'll see "CHeroMorphDef". Again just click on it (don't double click!). Again you'll see a bunch of crap come up.

Here's the tedious part. Now you have to navigate all the tables (there's more than 100) and delete anything that has the word "OLD" or "BUMP" in it. BTW you delete individual tables by hitting the "Del" button in the top left corner of each table.
This method works to great effect in game. Be sure to go through the list a couple times and make sure you got everything ( I had to a couple times before I got everything).

Now click the "Apply Changes" button at the top right side of Fable Explorer. Then go up to top bar of Fable Explorer (where "File" and "Edit" are on most programs, find "Action" and select "Save Mods and Run Fable". A small message box should pop up saying something like "Click O.K. once you've quit Fable." or something similar.

Wait for Fable to start up (it may be a bit slower because Fable Explorer is running. Select you favorite profile, save game and enjoy your younger looking Hero.

Thanks to Myst for the awesome tutorial in the first place. Helped me get the basics down with FE.

Hi, this spot is reserved for a witty comment, please leave.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 December 2006 20:27]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #16044 is a reply to message #12302] Sun, 21 January 2007 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kris8144 is currently offline  kris8144

oh so 100% good makes your hair white in really bright places ok well that answers my post i just made index.php?t=getfile&id=2213&private=0

Time to become bad then

[Updated on: Sun, 21 January 2007 12:32]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #18718 is a reply to message #12302] Wed, 02 May 2007 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pikarikku is currently offline  pikarikku
heya, quick question, how do you extend the aging process, instead of seeing wrinkles at age 30, you see them at...say, age 60? I don't know where to find the thing where you can set the max age to 100.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #18723 is a reply to message #18718] Wed, 02 May 2007 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2091& ;start=0&

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #18738 is a reply to message #12302] Thu, 03 May 2007 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pikarikku is currently offline  pikarikku
cool. many thanks
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #20474 is a reply to message #12302] Wed, 20 June 2007 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnigmaXT is currently offline  EnigmaXT
I deleted all the OLD files and Im still growing on age >_>

[Updated on: Thu, 21 June 2007 06:25]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #20623 is a reply to message #12302] Sat, 23 June 2007 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danquick6926 is currently offline  danquick6926
enigma from what i understand, it doesnt stop aging, it just takes away the effects of it.
icon9.gif  Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #26320 is a reply to message #12302] Mon, 10 September 2007 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master_Bankai is currently offline  Master_Bankai
I completely HATE to be a nuiscence... but, how come his screenshots DONT load. I am just curious...

My sig was disabled, I'm sad now..

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2008 12:59] by Moderator

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #26324 is a reply to message #26320] Mon, 10 September 2007 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Master_Bankai wrote on Tue, 11 September 2007 01:06

I completely HATE to be a nuiscence... but, how come his screenshots DONT load. I am just curious...

Either the files are removed from the server - or the server is down...

this is not an exit.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #26658 is a reply to message #26324] Thu, 13 September 2007 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master_Bankai is currently offline  Master_Bankai
um... oh... thanks

My sig was disabled, I'm sad now..

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2008 13:00] by Moderator

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #33402 is a reply to message #12302] Sun, 04 November 2007 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonda888 is currently offline  sonda888
YAY im 65 but i look young and handsome and i will do... FOREVER HAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry

http://sig.aqstats.com/font:green;line:black;bg:df.sepulchre/82296.gif[/image][/link]
View My AQStats.com Profile![/link]
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #38283 is a reply to message #12302] Thu, 21 February 2008 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
This is an old guide, it was written before anyone knew of other methods. Thanks though, for those who read the entire thread, it will provide an alternative, less hassle way of doing this.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #47638 is a reply to message #12302] Fri, 28 November 2008 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveMontana is currently offline  SteveMontana
Nice guide bro, I got a question tho, say i wanted to do the same thing for the "evil" changes my character gets when I'm bad, do I just delete all the ones that say evil? Many thanks Very Happy
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #48996 is a reply to message #12302] Fri, 06 February 2009 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Telocé
Hi,
it's been a long time since the last post on this topic. But because it was the first I've found on the "stop-ageing-effect"-discusion I would like to take a part.

I think, i've found a much easier way to remove the ageing completely without deleting some game.bin-entries. It's because some guys tells, that you can set the min/max age in the GLOBAL defs. I thought about the general ageing constant (somewhere I've heard it's 0.7 per level).
It's strange to say there is a constant, because setting a higher max age slows the ageing effect. But maybe it's a sort of scaling.
This constant you can also find in the GLOBAL defs.

In summary:
- Open Fable Explorer
- search for GLOBAL -> DEFAULT_GLOBAL_DEFS
- search for entry 463C44A1 ([float]unknown : 0,7)
[it's the 21st from bottom of list]
- change value to 0.

That's it! No more ageing (exept by prison, I think - but for that a donation in the tempel of Avo may help). I've tested it with the 23+ Trainer by gaining unlimited experience and observing the age after some leveling in strength and ability.

I hope next generations may find that useful... (:
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #50285 is a reply to message #48996] Tue, 24 March 2009 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
klintmane is currently offline  klintmane
Still there are people who have already aged their character and simply want to delete that 'old face' look Razz
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #50399 is a reply to message #50285] Sat, 28 March 2009 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anujgamer343
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2016 05:06]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #50400 is a reply to message #12302] Sat, 28 March 2009 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anujgamer343
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2016 05:07]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #53761 is a reply to message #12302] Sat, 22 August 2009 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tittypop is currently offline  tittypop
I made this account just to post something that I found out, if you are already max age (65) unless you changed it, and still have spells left that are available to buy, you can change the aging constant (which is in FE->GLOBAL->DEFAULT_GLOBAL_DEFS 21st from the bottom) like someone else has already posted in this thread (which is originally 0.7 meaning you age .7 years for each spell upgrade you buy), from 0.7 to say, -45, meaning that the next spell upgrade you buy will take your age down 45 years, I have tried this and it DOES work, it takes away all the old age effects and makes your hair black again. My age 65 character is now 18 and looks as young as ever. You can always change the aging constant back again after you save so it doesnt mess up anything else.

Just thought id post some helpful info Smile
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #53772 is a reply to message #53761] Sun, 23 August 2009 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

tittypop wrote on Sat, 22 August 2009 23:03

I made this account just to post something that I found out, if you are already max age (65) unless you changed it, and still have spells left that are available to buy, you can change the aging constant (which is in FE->GLOBAL->DEFAULT_GLOBAL_DEFS 21st from the bottom) like someone else has already posted in this thread (which is originally 0.7 meaning you age .7 years for each spell upgrade you buy), from 0.7 to say, -45, meaning that the next spell upgrade you buy will take your age down 45 years, I have tried this and it DOES work, it takes away all the old age effects and makes your hair black again. My age 65 character is now 18 and looks as young as ever. You can always change the aging constant back again after you save so it doesnt mess up anything else.

Just thought id post some helpful info Smile

Nice find. I'll put it in my general modding guide.

this is not an exit.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #56024 is a reply to message #12302] Tue, 02 February 2010 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kairyuka is currently offline  Kairyuka
For some reason my version of ChocolateBox crashes everytime I try to open the cheromorph, after i clicked the link :S
It makes it impossible to mod it :S
And BTW does this work for the evil allignment wrinkles too? Because I'm really annoyed by those :S

[Updated on: Tue, 02 February 2010 11:47]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #56027 is a reply to message #56024] Tue, 02 February 2010 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Telocé
Try to use FableExplorer. I had the same problem after some graphic editing - even new install didn't solve the problem. But for plain text (vars) editing FableExplorer is just as good.
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #56372 is a reply to message #56027] Tue, 09 March 2010 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scavangerman34 is currently offline  scavangerman34
I take it there is no way to reverse this? Also is there any way to make your char look like hes in his 30s or so? (If this one can't)

Also on the subject of aging, how much gold do you need to get the gift of youth at the Temple of Avo? (BTW this might be from Worf Trainer +10, my char was 65 after he graduated from the guild Shocked )

Atin: "Dar, you actually like thieving stuff, don't you?"
Darman: "It's not stolen. It's differently procured."

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2010 08:51]

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #57961 is a reply to message #12302] Wed, 23 June 2010 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mharlanm is currently offline  mharlanm
I am trying to reduce my age and I am lost after finding 1470 CREATURE_HERO in fable explorer.
None of the pictures links work for me.
any suggestions on what to do?
I there another age reducing method?
Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #57964 is a reply to message #57961] Wed, 23 June 2010 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

There are no pics, but detailed explanation on editing the hero here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7600& ;start=0&

Re: Easy Old Age effect removal. [message #59128 is a reply to message #56372] Tue, 24 August 2010 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Furious89
scavangerman34 wrote on Tue, 09 March 2010 07:44

I take it there is no way to reverse this? Also is there any way to make your char look like hes in his 30s or so? (If this one can't)

Yup, sacrificing in any temple (gold - in Avo's, people - in Skorm's, it is obvious). The more you donate/sacrifice, the younger you will get.
I thought everyone knows this already.

Fu*k Russia
Previous Topic: Easy adding clothing and hair guide.
Next Topic: Easy adding weapons guide.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:06:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01408 seconds