Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » I feel like I'm going about this all wrong...
I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12957] Sun, 01 October 2006 16:15 Go to next message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
OK, first thing first, I am a complete newbie when it comes to Fable modding, and so I stay away from virtually anything beyond mesh swapping and the occasional damage altering for a weapon.

I recently learned how to swap meshes, and so I've been occupying myself with fooling around with them. and every time i do swap a mesh, when i play, all the environments are not working or take effect. What i mean is; Darkwood, witchwood and lytchfield and all other places, have the same, standard skies and lighting, seen at barrow fields or Bowerstone for example. But I've never changed anything other then Fable guy's body and eye mesh. what could i be doing wrong?

I've held back on asking this here for three days, I've been trying to figure it out myself, including searching your forums for any answers but I've never found anything out, or i may have not used the right words in the search.

Here's how I have been swapping Fable guy's mesh:

I load up Fable Explorer, then double-click "game.bin" from the text box on the upper left of my screen. I then scroll down the list, expand the CREATURES list, then select Hero. I change his body mesh to Jack's then change his eyes to Jack's as well. I then hit "apply changes" and then exit out of that window. I then right-click on "game.bin" and select "Save As" and save it in "CompiledDefs" as "game2"

at this point, I exit Fable explorer and open up the "CompiledDefs" folder and then drag the file "game" and place it on my desktop, then rename "game2" to simply "game" and finally load up Fable normally.

When I load a save, Fable guy looks like jack, along with his eyes, but the guild hall is far too bright, as if it's using the outdoors lighting. It's the same everywhere else, all indoor areas are bright, and other environments like witchwood, or even the effects from Inferno wrath do not change from the standard bright blue skies.

here's some pictures to better explain what I mean about the environments

Chamber of Fate
Guild Hall
Darkwood Weir
Temple of Avo

I assume I'm going about it all wrong, and so would someone please explain how to go about this correctly? Thank you in advance.
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12962 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 01 October 2006 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
I'm not sure what your asking here....

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12963 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 01 October 2006 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what I'm asking is; am I doing something wrong with the way I change an object's mesh?

Every time I change an object's mesh, the skies never correspond with where I'm at when i try to play the game with the changes. An example would be the skies and overall environment of witchwood. It always looks like barrow fields' skies and environment. It looks bright and sunny. Not dark and rainy like it should be. Something tells me I'm doing something wrong resulting in my problem with the environments/skies.

simply put; is there a specific way I need to load and save the "game.bin" file when I decide to switch an object's mesh or make some other change?

With all due respect, I can't word my problem any simpler. Am I changing the game.bin file wrongly?
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12964 is a reply to message #12963] Sun, 01 October 2006 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chaos is currently offline  chaos
I just didn't fully read it Laughing Try to make your posts short and sweet. Anyway, that's a strange problem there, I've never experienced it, you are doing it correctly. Did you make any changes to the WLD? Try re-installing fable.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/korgoth-of-barbaria/chaos-1.jpg
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12970 is a reply to message #12964] Sun, 01 October 2006 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

that has hapened to me too and i have no idea of how to fix it other than not modding.

i just learned to live with it even thought it bugs me

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12974 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 01 October 2006 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right, short posts. Very Happy Long posts are a habit of mine...

anyway, I only made changes to the hero's mesh and an object or two, mainly a sword or a mace. I never touch anything beyond meshes. I've had one too many mishaps with mods in a different game. I've never made changes to any WLD files, either. Heck, I don't even know where those are located.

I forgot to point out, the original game.bin file works just fine, All the environment/skies are normal. It's the modified ones i make, that have the environment/sky problems.

I'll try re-installing Fable tomorrow afternoon.

In respone to Marcopolo: So, chances are there's no way to fix those problems when I switch a mesh? Hmm. granted it does bug me, too. but it doesn't seem threatening to my game, considering it get fixed when I use the original game.bin file.
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12976 is a reply to message #12974] Sun, 01 October 2006 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeha noone seems to be willing to put any work into figuring it out...

i tried but i have limited knowledge

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12981 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 01 October 2006 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
The reason why it's never been fixed is because the people capable of fixing it have never been able to duplicate the problem. I've never experienced a problem with the enviroment screwing up.

Or I just never notice it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12982 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 01 October 2006 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could giving the modded file an odd name cause the problems? when I make one, I always name it after the mesh I used for the Hero, IE if I use Jack of Blades, I name the file "jackofblades" to place in storage.

I've considered the possibility that the problems are being caused by my hardware, I'm pretty sure my video card and the other things are just above the requirements. But then again, the normal game.bin file works fine.

I'm starting to think this is little more then a freak problem.
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #12984 is a reply to message #12982] Mon, 02 October 2006 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i dobout it's a hardware problem.

i have almost exactly the reccomended system specs

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20002 is a reply to message #12957] Sat, 09 June 2007 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuzion69 is currently offline  illuzion69
Sorry about bringing up an old topic but I am having the same problem with the outside sky looking like Bowerstone in all locations and being too bright inside buildings and I am wondering if there is any way to fix it without having to reinstall the game. I know it is caused by a mod, but I don't know which one did it.
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20023 is a reply to message #20002] Sun, 10 June 2007 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
It is simply caused by modding in general, and currrently there is no solution.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20025 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 10 June 2007 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was afraid it was something like that. Thanks for letting me know.
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20028 is a reply to message #20025] Sun, 10 June 2007 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Problem. Smile

Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20194 is a reply to message #12957] Wed, 13 June 2007 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy_Avenger is currently offline  Holy_Avenger
Actually, i did fixed it. The way is change your own game.bin with the right one. My game turn into something not right, the sky is remain the same, so I change my game.bin with my friend's, and it fixed. Cause there's a rule that you can't post real .bin, search it from your friends.

I'm right here............
Skeeeeeeiith!!!
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20310 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 17 June 2007 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks I'll give it a try. One quick question though, will doing this cause some mods not to work?
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20347 is a reply to message #12957] Sun, 17 June 2007 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried that and it caused some of the mods to stop working. I noticed that there is a mod that changes all the skies in the game red like the final area, could the same idea be used to turn the skies back to normal?
Re: I feel like I'm going about this all wrong... [message #20502 is a reply to message #20347] Wed, 20 June 2007 23:08 Go to previous message
All mods (or most) are linked in game.bin. By replacing it, you're basically doing a partial reinsstall of fable. It does fix the sky problem tho...

Previous Topic: Hero titles
Next Topic: A little help plz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:40:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01828 seconds