Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods
Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13135] Thu, 05 October 2006 22:20 Go to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Here is an updated Xbox xml for Fable Explorer. You will need this if you plan on editing TLC for xbox or using mods (must be labeled as such for xbox!) Just download Fable Explorer Beta 4 - http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1330& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;start=0& and replace the def.xml with the one below.

There are 2 mismatch errors here. One wasn't finished in xml release and I broke it on purpose. If you edit an unfinished entry like this it would kill your game. The second is blank for xbox and doesn't even matter (I didn't feel like deleting the entire entry).

If you want to mod your scripts.bin you will need to get a Hex editor and try this below. Hex edit script.bin and look at the images below.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/786/stockscriptot5.th.jpg <-- Original Edit the selected bytes.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8086/stockscriptmoddedes0.th.jpg <-- Change to the following, Open in Fable Explorer and mod it. When you are done you must change the bytes back to original ones before transferring them to Xbox. This is basically just tricking Fable Explorer to reading it as game.bin. The xml was converted for script.bin as well.

So original bytes - 76B92D45
Change to - AA454448 and then vice versa.

When you are editting Cdefs for Xbox you must name them! If you fail to do so your fmp will crash on load. Cdefs for Xbox are by default blank. So editting existing ones will throw a fit.

I started this thread for xbox mods etc. Please keep the conversation as such and don't spam it.

• Attachment: Xboxdef.zip
    (Size: 79.79KB, Downloaded 2227 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 13 December 2006 22:50] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13136 is a reply to message #13135] Fri, 06 October 2006 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
quick conversions.
Credit - Bluetooth

Mortal Children - http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=982& amp ;amp ;start=0&

BowerStone Weapon Laws - http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=989& start=0&

Untested
Insane Unholy Power - http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1083& ;start=0&
Scar and Bruise Tweak - http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1145& ;start=0&

[Updated on: Fri, 06 October 2006 14:36]

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13412 is a reply to message #13136] Fri, 13 October 2006 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
Some more. You will need to do the following. Get textures.big, graphics.big, text.big, names.bin, and game.bin. Do all the biz <-> big conversions via Fable Tools or something zlib.

Now for Katana and JOB Mask to import correctly you will need to download XboxTool below, open and hit Convert textures.big. Select your textures.big file and that is it for now. Open everything in Fable Explorer and load the fmps. Before you compress do the same thing above (Open XboxTool hit Convert - textures.big) Then Compress and upload back to xbox.

It will do the script.bin thing above and convert back the next time you load it up. The .biz -> .big stuff was blocked because I wanted to speed it up some more. Just use Fable Tools for now.

Credits for originals:
Keshire Katana: Bluetooth & Satan
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=943& start=0&
spawn with OBJECT_KESHIRE_KATANA

puke expression: Marcopolo Wink
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=779& start=0&
spawn in chest with OBJECT_EXPRESSION_PUKE_DUMMY

JOB_Mask_V2: Bluetooth & Satan
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1081& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;start=0&
spawn with OBJECT_HERO_HAT_JOB_MASK or receive it at the end of the game.

More to come. If anyone else plans on making fmps make sure you convert textures.big if you plan on linking textures. Fable Explorer will not link the banks the way they are now. Just hit convert, create your stuff and then hit convert again to test.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 October 2006 00:26]

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13854 is a reply to message #13412] Thu, 26 October 2006 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
A couple More. You will need to do the same as above with XboxTool and Textures. You will need Textures,game.bin,names.bin,text.big and graphics.big

Pray Expression By Satan
Spawn with: OBJECT_EXPRESSION_PRAY_DUMMY

Golf Club Weapon By Augmented-Pickaxe
Spawn with: OBJECT_GOLF_CLUB

[Updated on: Thu, 26 October 2006 23:51]

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13863 is a reply to message #13854] Fri, 27 October 2006 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augmented-Pickaxe is currently offline  Augmented-Pickaxe
Thanks for converting the club - You saved me some time as I was just about to do it myself. Very Happy

Current Projects:
- Fable: A Hero's Journey
- A Kind of Evil: A true Fable
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13868 is a reply to message #13854] Fri, 27 October 2006 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misohony is currently offline  misohony
Silverback wrote on Thu, 26 October 2006 21:52

A couple More. You will need to do the same as above with XboxTool and Textures. You will need Textures,game.bin,names.bin,text.big and graphics.big

Great stuff, thank's Silverback. One question though, I don't have a "text.big" only a "text.biz". And I can't seem to figure out how to convert it. The XBOXTool only seems to support .big?

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13870 is a reply to message #13135] Fri, 27 October 2006 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sjuut is currently offline  sjuut
Well the puke expression for xbox doesnt work for me Sad
I loaded game.bin, names.bin and script.bin (they are the only one fable explorer can open Confused converted biz -> bin wont open in FE)
and I get the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
can anyone help me? im not that really a n00b, i just can't figure this out. I tried everything. please help.
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13871 is a reply to message #13870] Fri, 27 October 2006 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same thing for me...

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13875 is a reply to message #13870] Fri, 27 October 2006 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
sjuut wrote on Fri, 27 October 2006 10:15

Well the puke expression for xbox doesnt work for me Sad
I loaded game.bin, names.bin and script.bin (they are the only one fable explorer can open Confused converted biz -> bin wont open in FE)
and I get the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
can anyone help me? im not that really a n00b, i just can't figure this out. I tried everything. please help.

Please read the post again. biz -> bin (biz -> big) isn't allowed through my app ( it needs to be re-coded). You need to open text.big for almost all of these.

All you really have to do is grab all your xbox files. Decompress all the .biz with Fable tools (link above). Keep these and just hit convert textures big with XboxTools. Keep these files and when you need to create another directory when you hit recompile (.bigs) and save as .bin. Then compress all your .bigs back to .biz (make sure to convert textures.big above back to xbox).

Now when you close FE and open it again just select your originals (not the recompiled ones) and they are brand new and the others will have the mods.
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13876 is a reply to message #13868] Fri, 27 October 2006 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
misohony wrote on Fri, 27 October 2006 06:21

Silverback wrote on Thu, 26 October 2006 21:52

Great stuff, thank's Silverback. One question though, I don't have a "text.big" only a "text.biz". And I can't seem to figure out how to convert it. The XBOXTool only seems to support .big?

It is just a Zlib Compressed file. Fable Tools linked above will decompress this to .big

And the XboxTool is only to rename Textures.big bank Entry to PC so the fmp will import correctly. The game cannot run with that bank name so you have to convert it back to xbox by hitting the option again. All the other bigs are fine the way they are.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 October 2006 13:12]

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13877 is a reply to message #13876] Fri, 27 October 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got it, thanks SilverBack!

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13887 is a reply to message #13877] Sat, 28 October 2006 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sorry I failed to get thaa Embarassed Laughing
I wrote a type error, I didnt want to say biz -> bin, I was meaning biz -> big converted files wont open in FE..
And can you please be more specific? im very confused.
I tried everything! and I need to have the xbox def.xml right? ok thanks in forward!
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13889 is a reply to message #13887] Sat, 28 October 2006 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sjuut wrote on Sat, 28 October 2006 10:26

Im sorry I failed to get thaa Embarassed Laughing
I wrote a type error, I didnt want to say biz -> bin, I was meaning biz -> big converted files wont open in FE..
And can you please be more specific? im very confused.
I tried everything! and I need to have the xbox def.xml right? ok thanks in forward!

The only thing I can think of is:
1) Yes, you need the XBOX def.xml
2) Did you convert using the Fable Tool mentioned here? (NOT the XBOXtool, that was my mistake)
http://rapidshare.de/files/5961897/Fable_Tools_0.75_Ex.zip.h %20tml
I used it and my text.biz -> text.big converted file opened fine.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 October 2006 12:26]

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13893 is a reply to message #13135] Sat, 28 October 2006 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im really sorry, but when I convert text.biz to text.big with fable tools (0.75) and then open the big in FE with the xbox def, I just get a blank screen, no file opened at all Confused FE opens my .bins though (only the Cdefs)
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13894 is a reply to message #13893] Sat, 28 October 2006 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm...not sure what to say then. Maybe remove and reinstall FE...not sure what else to say...

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13913 is a reply to message #13135] Sun, 29 October 2006 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm I used the fable explorer installer, I suppose that is the beta 4 edition Confused well I try that then.
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13918 is a reply to message #13135] Sun, 29 October 2006 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaight I got graphics.big loaded for the first time ! Very Happy
thats already a beginning, but all of the other bigs still wont open Confused there is another weird thing happening; when I try to convert my fonts.biz to big it says error.. hmm maybe it has something to do with this weird stuff..
maybe its just my computer Confused Ill try it on my other pc.
too bad I still cant apply the puke expression mod..
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13919 is a reply to message #13135] Sun, 29 October 2006 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finally know whats wrong.
When I try to convert my biz to big fable tools says error Confused
that was not the case with my graphics.biz, so thats why i can only open that one in FE!
well maybe someone knows how to solve this problem, and I am saved!
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13920 is a reply to message #13919] Sun, 29 October 2006 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe try a fresh copy of text.biz? Make sure its not corrupted or something. Also, make sure its not "read-only".

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13922 is a reply to message #13135] Sun, 29 October 2006 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im so sad.. theres nothing strange about my text.biz, no read only or something..
I almost do not dare to ask you, but can someone please pm me his/hers text.biz or big just to test my FE or fable tools.. I dont know whats wrong Confused
thanx for replying so fast by the way Cool youre a great help misohony!
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #13923 is a reply to message #13922] Sun, 29 October 2006 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry buddy, there's nothing else I can offer to help you. The only thing I can say is, not all mods require any of the .biz or .big files. With only names.bin and game.bin, there are still many XBOX mods out there for you. All the mods I've made so far, only require that aforementioned two files.

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #16305 is a reply to message #13135] Tue, 30 January 2007 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gllen Nadix is currently offline  Gllen Nadix
One Question... Can XBOX mods be used on PC, or do they have to be unconverted again? And is there even a way to unconvert them?

Thanks for the help.

Most people fear death, but not I.
No, what I fear most is living forever.
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #17259 is a reply to message #13135] Wed, 21 March 2007 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TSF442 is currently offline  TSF442
Ignore this post this wasn't the right place to put it.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 March 2007 23:28]

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #17544 is a reply to message #13135] Fri, 30 March 2007 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skeet123 is currently offline  Skeet123
ok so im trying to use the keshire katana and jack of blades mask map pack...ive converted textures, text, and graphics to .big files...i converted the textures to pc, and i have all the required bin files...yet everytime i try to load the map pack i get the error message object reference not set to an instance of an object. i know this error has already been brought up but i have read over everything and i did everything it said to and i still get the error

[Updated on: Sat, 31 March 2007 10:19]

icon5.gif  Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #17577 is a reply to message #13135] Sat, 31 March 2007 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skeet123 is currently offline  Skeet123
Any help???? do i have to open a certain bin or big in FE before i try to install the fmp for the katana or mask?? Confused
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #17651 is a reply to message #13135] Tue, 03 April 2007 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigin is currently offline  Sigin
Hi, please can someone send to rapidshare or megaupload the "Fable Tools" because the link provided in this topic is not working anymore =( and i can't find it anywhere.
Thanks
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #18132 is a reply to message #13135] Sat, 14 April 2007 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leviathan-Ran is currently offline  Leviathan-Ran
My Ultimate Jack of Blades mod.

::See other message::

http://solemn-spirit.dyndns.org/public/Leviathan-Ran/newcig.png
"After an eternity away from you all... Jack of Blades, is back!"

[Updated on: Sat, 14 April 2007 16:25] by Moderator

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #22068 is a reply to message #13135] Thu, 19 July 2007 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob is currently offline  Big Rob
Hello

I'm new to modding Fable. I wanted to know if anybody can help me out or point me in the right direction.

I have a modded xbox with Fable: TLC on it what files do I need off there to mod. I have FE 4.1 Beta W/ the xbox def.xml. I have some other tools what I got from other sites and I have the biz - big converter. How can you convert mods from pc to the xbox.

If anybody can help that would be great. I looked all over the site for tuts or something that would show me how to mod it but i had no luck in finding anything.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #22370 is a reply to message #13135] Mon, 23 July 2007 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Figured Most Of The Stuff Out.

I Just Have One Problem How Can I Open .biz Files? I Know They Have To Be Converted To .Big, Did That But FE Won't Open Them. Also How Would You Open A .FMP, Not To Apply Changes To See What It Changes When Applied?

I Also Have A Mod That Replaces The Chest In The Demon Door At The Guild. It Gives You All The Clothes, Weapons, Style Cards, 30 Sliver Keys. + Some other Stuff. Would It Be Ok If I Upload The .tng File, Or How Would I Makeing It Into A .FMP.

Please Somebody Reply.

Rob

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #22373 is a reply to message #22370] Mon, 23 July 2007 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cow Tipper
Fable Tools will convert .biz <-> .big and to the rest see this post: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=14222& amp; amp; amp;&srch=biz#msg_num_4

Before anyone else asks Fable Tools attached.

[Disappeared? Mirror at morerunes.com]

[Updated on: Sat, 07 July 2012 07:58] by Moderator

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #22395 is a reply to message #13135] Mon, 23 July 2007 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks

Demon Door Chest Mod (XBOX) [message #22413 is a reply to message #13135] Tue, 24 July 2007 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This Mod Replaces The Chest In Side The Demon Door At The Guild.

Created By Me

Mod Contains:
Max Money
All Weapons
All Clothing
All Style Cards
10 Of Each Augmentation
30 Sliver Keys
5 Blue Mushrooms
4 Elixir Of Life
4 Will Masters Elixir
Spade
The Rod of Champions
Hero Title Scythe

-----READ ME-----
Before You Use This Mod You Need To Use Larger Inventory.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 July 2007 01:36]

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #24815 is a reply to message #13135] Tue, 21 August 2007 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dark3r_Hunter is currently offline  Dark3r_Hunter

Here is my New and Improved Jack full game mod-
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=24810& amp;&srch=new+and+improved#msg_24810

----------------------------------
-{Current Projects}-
New and Improve Jack mod (XBOX)
-{Finished Projects}-
Giant Berserk (xbox
Doom Bringer Berserk(xbox)
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #32104 is a reply to message #24815] Wed, 17 October 2007 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Shouldn't this be moved to Finished Mods -> XBox mods?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
icon1.gif  Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #33533 is a reply to message #13135] Thu, 08 November 2007 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bamont is currently offline  Bamont

concerning me with tutorialing but, i have problems, i would like to explain my detail theroughly,

my game crashes on boot up.

am i suppose to do this in order?

convert all biz files to big files.
convert big texture to PC.
add all the bin files in
open FE
and place all the files big and bin in
double click game.bin
and apply all the mod packages for xbox
then recompile the .big to a (finished mod folder)
and convert the (finish mod .big texture) to XBOX
and then convert all the other bigs to .biz
and send it back to the xbox?

or is there a different way of doing this?
cause my game crashes doing it in that order.
oh and when i apply a mod package it says Mismatched and gives a address code error.

i need some help sorry, just the tutorial wasnt really detailed it jumped a bit. Sad

gimme any knowledge
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #36538 is a reply to message #13135] Mon, 07 January 2008 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

kind of a necropost, but rules for opening game files:

1. open names.bin

2. open the rest of the files except script.bin

3. do what Silver says in the first post

4. import script.bin

5. apply mods, close.

6. reverse any hex edits or conversions.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #36732 is a reply to message #13135] Fri, 11 January 2008 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Kreeger is currently offline  Max Kreeger
Where do I put the xboxdef.zip thing after I unzipped it ?

Thank you
Max

dont cross post - ask once, get answered

[Updated on: Fri, 11 January 2008 06:53] by Moderator

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #36733 is a reply to message #13135] Fri, 11 January 2008 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

it replaces the original in your FE folder

Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #39752 is a reply to message #36733] Mon, 31 March 2008 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bamont is currently offline  Bamont

ugh for some reason i followed your directions it still freezes

i added every bin and every big file from my game to load up the fmp's then when i added them

i loaded my xbox and my game freezes on start up after the loading screen

gimme any knowledge
Re: Xbox Xml & Xbox Mods [message #44111 is a reply to message #39752] Sun, 20 July 2008 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

Administrator

fable tools:
http://files.filefront.com/Fable+Toolszip/;10264343;/fileinf o.html

[Updated on: Sun, 18 July 2010 10:51] by Moderator

Previous Topic: Forum Rules
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:27:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01594 seconds