Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » A Question for the Modding Community
A Question for the Modding Community [message #13590] Thu, 19 October 2006 13:12 Go to next message
The Dark Wanderer is currently offline  The Dark Wanderer
Greetings Modding Community, I have a question for you that you may be able to help (or want to help).I am attempting to make an object that is not a bed, into a bed(It is the bed in the Demon Door of Rose Cottage, which you cannot use). Follow me? I tryed going into the TNG editor, posting the script (targetable script, bed script, and I think activate script, ownership script) that beds normally use, then, entered the game. That did not do it, which I should have expected. So, I entered the Fable Explorer, and came to find the OBJECT_BED_GRANNIES_CAVE (or something similar to that, look near the upper-middle, for objects with GREATWOOD in the name, then go down a bit). Using what little intelligence I was gifted, I copied all of the different things n the data arrays in another bed object and put them into the granny bed. Crashing the game was the only response, so I proceded to delete all that I had done, in hopes of that fable wouldn't crash and undid all that I had done. [SHRUG] Oh well, so coming to my point. Can you help me? Any help would be appreciated.

"Swing away Merrill..."
Re: A Question for the Modding Community [message #13597 is a reply to message #13590] Thu, 19 October 2006 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misohony is currently offline  misohony
So, basically, you're asking if you can make this "bed" OBJECT_BED_GRANNIES_CAVE_01 sleepable like a normal bed?

Re: A Question for the Modding Community [message #13601 is a reply to message #13590] Thu, 19 October 2006 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Don't use a normal bed. They have animations. Use the KnotholeGlade or bandit mats. Those would be the closest to what you want. Assuming the granny bed doesn't have animations already.

You also need to make sure you add the CTC commands to the ctc list. Fastest way is to take the Bandit mat. Change the model link and then rename the object.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: A Question for the Modding Community [message #13606 is a reply to message #13590] Fri, 20 October 2006 09:38 Go to previous message
The Dark Wanderer is currently offline  The Dark Wanderer
Yes I want to make the grannies bed object into a bed, Misohony. But if I rename the object BlueTooth and change the model link, won't errors occur because of the fact that the bandit map is in Twinblade's Camp, and the game won't know what to put? Plus the bandits AI will tell them to sleep, but they won't have any object to sleep on.

"Swing away Merrill..."
Previous Topic: spinespire
Next Topic: Make quests with fable explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:58:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01138 seconds