Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » finalalbion.wld for XBOX
finalalbion.wld for XBOX [message #13608] Fri, 20 October 2006 12:31 Go to next message
jake_da_snake is currently offline  jake_da_snake
Original Message deleted for update

*****EDIT******
Here is a Beta copy of my FinalAlbion.wld. There is still alot to do so use at your own risk. It has been tested throughout the mainland, and no crashes so-far, has a little lag in certain areas but it's not to bad. Darkwood, & North of Bowerstone is still incomplete, all other areas are finished.[on Xbox I may be unable to combine regions throughout Darkwood because every time I have tried the game locks up on the loading screens] This can probably be used on low-end PC's also(Don't hold me to that though, you would also need the userst.ini file made for the PC) Feel free to use this with any mods you create just give some credit. Tell me what you think. Installation instructions in the enclosed read me.txt

[Updated on: Wed, 25 October 2006 11:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: finalalbion.wld for XBOX [message #13611 is a reply to message #13608] Fri, 20 October 2006 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
make sure your game is new. A save that had the old regions saved already will probably crash on some areas.
Re: finalalbion.wld for XBOX [message #13612 is a reply to message #13608] Fri, 20 October 2006 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have only tested it on a new game. I know not to mod an existing game. I just want to know 1. If their is a max limit to areas on the XBOX and 2. What areas can and cannot be combined(An example is on the XBOX I tried to combine the Fishermans Hut with Greatwood and it started playing the Fishermans cutscene when Maze was taking me to the Guild then it froze)
Re: finalalbion.wld for XBOX [message #13751 is a reply to message #13608] Wed, 25 October 2006 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is an updated .wld for xbox. Darkwood is still incomplete as of now, mainly because whenever I try to combine say darkwood1 with darkwood 2 the game locks up. I've also tried just darkwood1 with the surounding fillers but the same thing happens. If anyone can get darkwood to combine without locking the game let me know so I can finish the .wld. Other than that it is complete. This brings the amount of maps from 141 to 80 with NO MINI-MAP. See first post for file.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 October 2006 11:37]

Re: finalalbion.wld for XBOX [message #13788 is a reply to message #13608] Wed, 25 October 2006 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
A lot of cutscenes and quests are region based. As in they'll trigger as soon as you enter the region. This also involves teleporting you to a marker.

So when you combine these areas into one region it'll run the cutscene as soon as you enter.

This involves but is not limited to:
Fisherman
Wasp Quest
BowerStone Village Intro
Knothole Glade Intro

It also breaks gameflow. The gameflow script only allows you access to certain regions during certain parts of the game. If you are not within one of it's designated regions then the game will hang when you leave the region your in. Smile

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 October 2006 21:45]

Re: finalalbion.wld for XBOX [message #13791 is a reply to message #13788] Wed, 25 October 2006 23:21 Go to previous message
That's why I tried to seperate regions that are quest based and only connected regions where no more than 1 cutscene can happen at one time (As long as you don't do multiple quests at one time). I am way ahead of you on that. But as I said this is still a Beta version. I still have some kinks to work out on it. But so far I started a new game and am up to Twinblades Camp with no crashes (But a little fps hit) so far (Crosses Fingers) I realize it may not be perfect but it's about the best XBOX users can get to Free-Roaming. An example would be Fisher Creek is not connected to Greatwood nor is Orchard Farm, I left them both as seperate areas.

***Edit***
Ran into my first problem today, tried to do more than one quest at once and had some really strange things happen, jumped from map to map then crashed, but so-far this is the only problem that I have run into. So to be safe explore as much as you can before even tking the Wasp Queen quest card (To get all mandatory cutscenes out of the way) then only do 1 quest at a time

[Updated on: Thu, 26 October 2006 22:30]

Previous Topic: Possible?
Next Topic: how do i add a chest (help not found in wiki)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:12:34 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01138 seconds