Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Problems with mods
Problems with mods [message #13835] Thu, 26 October 2006 19:11 Go to next message
Nick the Great is currently offline  Nick the Great
i downloaded a few of bluetooth's mods and satan's keshire katana mod and i tried to load then into fable explorer and it keeps saying "Microsoft cannot open this file. microsoft needs to know the program that created this file and blah blah." If anybody has ever had this problem and knows how to fix it that would be great.. i also had this problem with the free roam program Mad

“And remember -- the blue Nymph crouches at a quarter past three.”

[Updated on: Thu, 26 October 2006 19:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with mods [message #13843 is a reply to message #13835] Thu, 26 October 2006 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

did you try to open them by double clicking them?

you have to go to the file menu at the top of fable explorer then press load fable mod package and select the path the press open

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Problems with mods [message #13845 is a reply to message #13835] Thu, 26 October 2006 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah when i try to load it it says "object reference not set to an instance of a object". im not exactly sure what that is asking for Confused

Re: Problems with mods [message #13849 is a reply to message #13845] Thu, 26 October 2006 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

umm maybe oyu somehow downloaded it improperly?

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Problems with mods [message #13850 is a reply to message #13835] Thu, 26 October 2006 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just clicked the download button on the page was i supposed to right click?

Re: Problems with mods [message #13851 is a reply to message #13850] Thu, 26 October 2006 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i have no idea then

but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
Re: Problems with mods [message #13852 is a reply to message #13835] Thu, 26 October 2006 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm cause the same thing happens with fable explorer cause there is the actual program file and then the other files and i cant open them i dunno what in the heck is going on! Mad
tell me if the link is messed. I'm going to try uninstalling FE and then trying again
  • Attachment: DAMMIT!.doc
    (Size: 132.00KB, Downloaded 503 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 26 October 2006 21:32]

Re: Problems with mods [message #13864 is a reply to message #13852] Fri, 27 October 2006 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augmented-Pickaxe is currently offline  Augmented-Pickaxe
Unfortunately the above text is hard to understand. This is very unfortunate as people will be unaware of what your problem is as you are communicating it in a crude way.

That aside. I'll try and answer your question.

First, why did you post an image of the FE folder and not the error? Second, why did you post as a document file?

I'm afraid that it is hard to diagnose your problem without you giving details in a language we all understand, English. If you can grasp that, at least use correct punctuation or simply get an older , more knowledgable person to aid you.

Current Projects:
- Fable: A Hero's Journey
- A Kind of Evil: A true Fable
Re: Problems with mods [message #13879 is a reply to message #13845] Fri, 27 October 2006 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TSF442 is currently offline  TSF442
Nick the Great wrote on Thu, 26 October 2006 21:17

Yeah when i try to load it it says "object reference not set to an instance of a object". im not exactly sure what that is asking for Confused

Try opening all of the fable files in fable explorer before loading the .fmp(textures.big graphics.big names.bin game.bin text.big(I think)script.bin)

Thats what I did when I got that error and it worked.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 October 2006 17:58]

Re: Problems with mods [message #13925 is a reply to message #13835] Sun, 29 October 2006 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is a really dumb question but how would I go about doing that?

Re: Problems with mods [message #13929 is a reply to message #13925] Sun, 29 October 2006 16:40 Go to previous message
Grunge is currently offline  Grunge
I think he means double click each one to make sure that they're not spitting errors at you before you load up the mods. If you get an error, either reinstall, or use a backup (if you have one) from a while ago.

But the "object reference not set to an instance of a object" error sound like something has been created and not linked... I'm not sure, though. Only thing I can think of is if one Fable file is corrupted, and an entry is not being made.

Forgive me if I am wrong. It's 1am here and I'm very tired.

Current Projects:
Learning to do anything of use within Fable TLC
New Weapon (Sabre)

[Updated on: Sun, 29 October 2006 16:41]

Previous Topic: Another Problem 2 solve please!!!
Next Topic: Editing fmps + changing weather for XBox version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:36:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00990 seconds