Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Another Question (I know, your thrilled)
icon5.gif  Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14023] Fri, 03 November 2006 14:37 Go to next message
The Dark Wanderer is currently offline  The Dark Wanderer
Greetings and Salutations Modding Community!
Since there has been no activity on the forum for a while, I figured my question would not be bothersome. I'll get straight to the point, I would like to somehow rid my hero of the stick weapon that he gets in the begining of the game (I dispise the fact that I must carry a melee weapon). Since it does not appear in the inventory when talking to a merchant, I cannot sell it, even with the new shop trainer. I tried editing with the Fable Explorer, fiddling with unknown addresses, but no luck. I have come to you since my knowledge is not as vast as most of you out there, so can you help me? Is there a way I have not seen to get rid of this stick? Any suggestions, comments, wisdom, etc. would be appreciated.

"Swing away Merrill..."
Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14024 is a reply to message #14023] Fri, 03 November 2006 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifter is currently offline  Drifter
You could remove it from the cutscene at the beginning (or change it to a different item), but then you'd have to start a new game. There is a way to be able to sell it (by screwing with FE values), but I've completely forgotten how...
Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14025 is a reply to message #14024] Fri, 03 November 2006 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was a fast reply, thanks. Do remember any clue that might lead me to this unknown address, Drifter?

"Swing away Merrill..."
Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14026 is a reply to message #14025] Fri, 03 November 2006 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misohony is currently offline  misohony
Just a guess, I think you can edit CStockItemDef for OBJECT_HERO_STICK

Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14027 is a reply to message #14026] Fri, 03 November 2006 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried that, the only address that seemed worthwhile was the last. I changed it and it didn't work.

"Swing away Merrill..."
Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14029 is a reply to message #14027] Fri, 03 November 2006 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, if you are absolutely desperate, and want to do it a hacky way, export another weapon, something like OBJECT_IRON_HAMMER then import it into the STICK. This effectivly changest he stick to be the hammer, then you can sell it. I've done this with the adrenaline potion. Not the "cleanest" method, but it'll work.

Another suggestion, try editing the inventory of a shop. I was able to buy and sell a custom item that I made from scratch that didn't even exist in the game.

Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14030 is a reply to message #14029] Fri, 03 November 2006 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used the first method you suggested and no luck. I was able to see the "iron pickhammer" but couldn't sell it, even to the armorer who sold iron pickhammers. How would I perform the other route?

"Swing away Merrill..."
Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14036 is a reply to message #14030] Sat, 04 November 2006 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Dark Wanderer wrote on Fri, 03 November 2006 18:53

I used the first method you suggested and no luck. I was able to see the "iron pickhammer" but couldn't sell it, even to the armorer who sold iron pickhammers. How would I perform the other route?

Well, again just guessing (maybe I'll try it later), pick out your favorite shop keeper, then edit CShopDef. There will be an array of stuff he buys/sells.

Nope, that didn't work.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 November 2006 13:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Another Question (I know, your thrilled) [message #14106 is a reply to message #14036] Sun, 05 November 2006 21:11 Go to previous message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

i'm pretty shure you can give the stick to the charity shop person up in snowspire

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Previous Topic: Fable explorer
Next Topic: knothole
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:12:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01225 seconds