Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » EXPORTING animations.
EXPORTING animations. [message #14484] Wed, 15 November 2006 20:27 Go to next message
bjorn the pale is currently offline  bjorn the pale
As a hobbyist modder, I have modded a wide range of games, including the more obviously moddable KotOR, Fable, and World of Warcraft, to some much lesser known and underground games. With each game, you get a new set of models, new sounds to play around with, and some unique additions to work into other mods for future games. When I finally got around to buying fable:tlc (and subsequently modding it), I was impressed with the game, but one aspect of it really grabbed my attention: The animations.

The animations in this game vary from most others in that they have not only high-quality standard animations (walk, run, slash, talk, etc), but also rather pointless and entertaining animations (air guitar, russian-style dance, etc). To me, the golden grail of any modding is the exporting of animations, as it is the least common, one of the hardest to do, and often the most rewarding. I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to see their fable character do a halo-style sword lunge, or a hero-character from Marvel Ultimate Alliance air guitar?

When last I checked, the fable modding utilities could not export animations, but the documentation for them did state it was being worked on. I've ran a few searches around the forum, and checked around on the wiki, but couldn't find any additional information regarding the exportation of animations.

So, does anyone know something about it I don't? o_O;;; The animations in fable would be a great addition to my works! Dx
Re: EXPORTING animations. [message #14504 is a reply to message #14484] Thu, 16 November 2006 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hunter is currently offline  Hunter

Idle Hands of the Devil
I believe I cracked the format for animations a while ago. If I remember correctly it was a quaternion based system.

As for the tools, I don't believe any tools are currently being developed any further. So, unless you wish to help in the developement, I don't think animation exporting will be available.
Re: EXPORTING animations. [message #14537 is a reply to message #14484] Thu, 16 November 2006 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bjorn the pale is currently offline  bjorn the pale
GAAH!! Hmm... Well, much as I would love to help with the creation of such a tool, I don't believe I would be of any assistance. I cant program! xD Yet, I'm a college student learning programming, but I don't know enough to be of any help. Dx Hmmm.. That really sucks, but I suppose it cant be helped. Thanks for the information, fella.

EDIT:: I would, however, be willing to aid in any way that I could if anyone does decide to continue a project such as this. o_O;; I'm just not sure what I could do. xD

[Updated on: Thu, 16 November 2006 15:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EXPORTING animations. [message #14575 is a reply to message #14537] Thu, 16 November 2006 23:31 Go to previous message
Augmented-Pickaxe is currently offline  Augmented-Pickaxe
Inspire others to do so...

Current Projects:
- Fable: A Hero's Journey
- A Kind of Evil: A true Fable
Previous Topic: Fable Explorer not showing names.bin
Next Topic: Could somebody upload Xporter v1.19 somewhere
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:09:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01081 seconds