Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Character Appearance Editing question.
Character Appearance Editing question. [message #14691] Sun, 19 November 2006 04:13 Go to next message
Ryuichi is currently offline  Ryuichi

I was reading the "Get rid of hero body once he is something else" forum,

[Located here: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1571& ;start=0& ]

and I was just wondering how do you edit your characters appearance, to look like the summoner with the red markings on him, as well as getting the proper movement animations.

[ http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/665/665107/fable -the-lost-chapters-20051107010450823-000.jpg]

(Thats the one with the blue markings, but atleast you know what creature I'm talking about now if you hadn't before... 'cuz, there are those people out there that... er... Unintelligent.)

Another question.

Because I couldn't find the forum on here that I originally saw it on, I am going to ask here... How do you edit the game so weapons dissapear once sheathed?

Could your answers be SPACIFIC and if at all possible step-by-step.

Thank you anyone and everyone who posts good answers to these questions.

I don't care about destiny. It is irresistibly powerful and outrageous, yet it is the most pleasurable law of love.
Re: Character Appearance Editing question. [message #14722 is a reply to message #14691] Sun, 19 November 2006 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leviathan-Ran is currently offline  Leviathan-Ran
First, Search button is your friend =)

1) You won't be able to make the summoner move because it uses a different skeleton to the hero, most bi-peds use the same skeleton so there usually no problem, but quite a few enemies, like balverines for example, though they look bi-pedal, they're in-fact not. just look at how they move.
I don't know how to fix this, nor do I know if anyone else does.

2) To make Weapon's invisible when they are sheathed is quite simple really.

Open Fable Explorer, go to the OBJECTS tab, expand it and search for

OBJECT_WEAPON_NAME_HERE

Double click that and then click the "Cdef" link in the new window.

Now all the Cdefs will expand on the right hand side, find the one that says CweaponDef, now click the "linktogamedef" link under it.

should bring up a new window, expand the new menu and search for
an entry called "weapon type string" directly UNDER that entry will be an item called 9151B4EC - UNKNOWN

click that and change the value from -1 to 0

Apply changes and save the bin files.

-1 is telling the game to basically keep the weapon visible when sheathed, 0 tells it to remove it when sheated.

Easy =)

http://solemn-spirit.dyndns.org/public/Leviathan-Ran/newcig.png
"After an eternity away from you all... Jack of Blades, is back!"
Re: Character Appearance Editing question. [message #14746 is a reply to message #14691] Mon, 20 November 2006 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryuichi is currently offline  Ryuichi

Ah, alright. Now, since I can't obviously change my appearance to be that of a summoner, perhaps someone could instruct me on what I need to do to make my character look and animate like JOB.

And what I need to edit to make it so that my character always has that swirly, red evil like aura that JOB had when he is floating in the center of the Chamber of Fate.

I don't care about destiny. It is irresistibly powerful and outrageous, yet it is the most pleasurable law of love.
Re: Character Appearance Editing question. [message #14912 is a reply to message #14722] Tue, 28 November 2006 21:43 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Leviathan-Ran wrote on Sun, 19 November 2006 19:58

1) You won't be able to make the summoner move because it uses a different skeleton to the hero, most bi-peds use the same skeleton so there usually no problem, but quite a few enemies, like balverines for example, though they look bi-pedal, they're in-fact not. just look at how they move.
I don't know how to fix this, nor do I know if anyone else does.

You'd need to export and re-rig the model to the player's skeleton. Or replace all the player's animations with the summoner's (via the CappearanceDef or the Graphics.big)

Silver has the app that will read and let you edit the CappearanceDef. It's structure can't be read by FE.

Not many people understand how to do the whole animated model thing in 3ds max though. It's tricky with the shoddy directX support.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: Fable crashing
Next Topic: Problems using fmps which modify textures file for xbox version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:23:40 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01247 seconds