Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Problems using fmps which modify textures file for xbox version
Problems using fmps which modify textures file for xbox version [message #14878] Mon, 27 November 2006 00:10 Go to next message
henri is currently offline  henri
Hi, I have an xbox, and am having problems with the textures file.
Specifically, I can not load fmps which have an entry for maintextures. .fmps with an entry for graphics are fine.
Here is what I am doing:
1) copy textures.biz to computer
2) run fable tools, go biz -> big
3) run xbox tools, convert xbox -> pc
4) open textures.big with FE
5) open other files with FE (graphics, names, game, text)
6) try to load a new model fmp (golf club in this case) by saying load fmp
The error I get is the object not set to an instance of an object error.
I can get things to work which modify the text.big(.biz) and graphics.big(.biz), and of course game.bin.

Any thoughts?
Re: Problems using fmps which modify textures file for xbox version [message #14882 is a reply to message #14878] Mon, 27 November 2006 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misohony is currently offline  misohony
I'm not sure, I haven't tried it. But I was under the impression that FMPs created for the PC do not work with XBOX.

Re: Problems using fmps which modify textures file for xbox version [message #14893 is a reply to message #14882] Mon, 27 November 2006 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right, I am trying xbox fmps. The golf club, the katana, the pray expression...

I forgot to say also that when I have textures open in FE, and I load a file having links to textures (CHeroMorph) none of the names show.

Do I not want to be opening the textures file?
Re: Problems using fmps which modify textures file for xbox version [message #14900 is a reply to message #14878] Tue, 28 November 2006 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Links will only show correctly if the archive they link to is loaded.

In this case if you do not have the textures archive (textures.big or graphics.big, I forget which) when you open the file it cannot find the things that are being linked to and as such will not display the names or the textures.

A good practice is to make sure all archives are loaded before editing an entry.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Problems using fmps which modify textures file for xbox version [message #14915 is a reply to message #14900] Tue, 28 November 2006 23:32 Go to previous message
Yes, I know.
Maybe I was unclear in the last post but, I was using that try to explain why I am having difficulty opening this textures file.
The problem is that even when I open it with FE it is still thinking that it is not open.
So for clarity's sake, I convert textures.biz->textures.big make it xbox then load it with FE. Then load game.bin. Links in, for example, CHeroMorph still say file not open.

I think that this is in correlation with my trouble of loading fmp's which add entries to maintextures.

Any ideas?
Previous Topic: Character Appearance Editing question.
Next Topic: Hi, new here and asking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:33:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01150 seconds