Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » TROJAN!? fable modding tool..
TROJAN!? fable modding tool.. [message #14938] Fri, 01 December 2006 00:01 Go to next message
bjorn the pale is currently offline  bjorn the pale
My computer has recently been infected with a virus, so I ran a virus scan to detect and remove the virus. The virus scanner, ClamAV, found a fable modding tool to be infected! I believe it was called falbetrn, or fabletrnf. If anyone has this utility, they may want to run it through their own virus scanner... o_O;;;;

THE FABLE TRAINER DOES NOT CONTAIN A TROJAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- BlueTooth

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 03:53] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: TROJAN!? fable modding tool.. [message #14939 is a reply to message #14938] Fri, 01 December 2006 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
I am starting to get fed up of saying this. The thing the virus scan picks up is the section devoted to picking up the keys being pressed.

This is not to say that it hasn't become infected after you have downloaded it but it will always be flagged by virus scanners anyway.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: TROJAN!? fable modding tool.. [message #14949 is a reply to message #14939] Sat, 02 December 2006 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

learn to read the site before freaking out

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: TROJAN!? fable modding tool.. [message #14984 is a reply to message #14949] Mon, 04 December 2006 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augmented-Pickaxe is currently offline  Augmented-Pickaxe
Get AVG, its free and picks up more than 99% of viruses without giving false alerts like the above mentioned.

AVG Free Anti-virus: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Current Projects:
- Fable: A Hero's Journey
- A Kind of Evil: A true Fable
Re: TROJAN!? fable modding tool.. [message #17235 is a reply to message #14938] Tue, 20 March 2007 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PsiKnife is currently offline  PsiKnife
Technically no AV detects 99% of viruses. BitDefender and Kaspersky do the best according to multiple site review tests and are around 87-90%. Norton is around 80%. AVG isn't even on the list. Kaspersky has the most advanced heuristics around, while BitDefender has the worlds largest definitions list. They both update often. You should weigh which is more important to you.

Sorry that's a bit off topic but had to point that out.

EDIT: this post was in response to Augmented-Pickaxe's claim. I'm quite aware that the utilities (including the Trainer + 24) do not have viruses.

-

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 06:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TROJAN!? fable modding tool.. [message #20232 is a reply to message #17235] Thu, 14 June 2007 16:52 Go to previous message
jeditwerp is currently offline  jeditwerp
I think your best bet goes with AVG, I'm running AVG free on my computer and it's running better than when i was using Norton. Sorry its a little off topic too.
Previous Topic: Fable Tools Suite Installer?
Next Topic: XML Unknowns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:56:03 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01263 seconds