Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer Bug?
icon5.gif  Fable Explorer Bug? [message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 06:08 Go to next message
aleksen is currently offline  aleksen
When I attempt to change Fable with Fable Explorer minor things in Fable are changing such as:

-The will hands glow very dim
-The rain in Knotehol Glade area stops
-The music in some places don’t change (outside of the Hero’s Guild is still the church music)
-There is sunlight inside of building

I’m just wondering if this is a bug or not because Fable Explorer is still in Beta 4 and I wanted to make sure if these are just minor bugs and that something bad won’t happen (computer crashes).
(by the way I'm new)
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #14991 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
that seems to happen to a few users. Myself included. I assume the skies are all the same, bright blue? No environments work properly? like the blue hue when you use Divine Fury, things like that?

I don't know if it's a side-effect from changes or a bug in Fable explorer, but what I do know is you're not alone.

Seems as if it only effect some people.
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #14992 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Am I the only one that's never had this problem ? Laughing

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #14993 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let the truth be told. I'm computer illiterate. But could the "express install" have something to do with the problem? I've installed, uninstalled and re-installed Fable explorer time and time again, but the side-efeccts remain. However I've never tried the manual install. I don't know. *shrugs*

Maybe it's my computer. Blargh. My brain meats.
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #14995 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
"Express Install" ? You mean the installer I made ? It's unlikely that it would be the cause. Partly because the installer does nothing to your game files, which is what would be needed to cause any errors, but mainly due to the fact that the error was being reported way before the installer was created.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #15000 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I figured it had nothing to do with the side-effects. and yes, I was referring to your installers. (love them, by the way Very Happy )

I'm just shooting in the dark, right now. The Side-effects don't bother me that much when I make larger changes, like playing as a Dreadwing and using their animations and sounds. But when I change small things, like the damage or the number of augment slots in a weapon, the lack of environments bugs me like mad. It's like, it's not worth the small changes.
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #15005 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aleksen is currently offline  aleksen
Alright so this won't mess up the Fable game, just a few minor glitches, I can live with that.
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #15009 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MXGear is currently offline  MXGear
Yeh, I just noticed it to. It does seem to be related to FE since I haven't seen this before. The only things I've changed so far are the things in the Age remover and Scar remover guide and some effects like the halos and blood clouds that follow your hero.

I'll try restoring my backups and see if that helps.

Edit:
Applied my backups and still the same problems. Sad

Hi, this spot is reserved for a witty comment, please leave.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 December 2006 20:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #15012 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 05 December 2006 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really? Whenever I switch back to the original game.bin, all the environments are restored. Hmm. It is truely an odd problem.
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #15013 is a reply to message #15009] Tue, 05 December 2006 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augmented-Pickaxe is currently offline  Augmented-Pickaxe
MXGear wrote on Wed, 06 December 2006 14:52

Applied my backups and still the same problems. Sad

Did you restore the back-ups then open FE before testing it?

Current Projects:
- Fable: A Hero's Journey
- A Kind of Evil: A true Fable
Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #15023 is a reply to message #14990] Wed, 06 December 2006 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MXGear is currently offline  MXGear
Alright, so I reinstalled FTLC, and the problems got fixed. I'm gonna do some FE testing and see if it's causing the problem.

Edit: Same crap as before. Oh well, it's a bug the should be weeded out before the final version.

Hi, this spot is reserved for a witty comment, please leave.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 December 2006 16:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Bug? [message #15959 is a reply to message #14990] Tue, 16 January 2007 22:48 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
It's a bug in FE. We're fixing it now. Didn't see it until I went to make environment changes within the game.bin

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: question about free roam
Next Topic: fable explorer crashing onload!?!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:23:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01551 seconds