Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Definitions » Black Magic Fireball Spells.
Black Magic Fireball Spells. [message #15004] Tue, 05 December 2006 12:26 Go to next message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
Again, a simple little mod, mainly for my enjoyment, but I want to share it with you guys. I replaced the different leveled Fireball spells with Jack's black fireball spells, the "rolling thunder" spell and the dragon fireball. It's a complete replacement. The spells act like they would if they were used by the game itself. It's not just a face-lift. Og course, because of that, the fireball spell loses it's advantages on the undead and such.

I Did a quick test on some Ice hordes, and the air, and everything seems in order. It's unbalancing, though. The level one fireball does 240 or so, and the dragon fireball does just under 1000 per fireball.

Really, this was for my evil mage, I was growing tired of the normal fireball spell. It's gonna be incorporated into another simple, small mod, "Darker Evil" that I'm planning on. That's a Simple replacement of a few HeroMorph entries, and the fireball spell. Just for show, you know?

But enough chatter. Here's a picture showing the spells.
Fireball Preview (1960x768)

and here's the FMP. Once again, if there's any problems, I'll try to fix them. Smile
Re: Black Magic Fireball Spells. [message #15007 is a reply to message #15004] Tue, 05 December 2006 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MXGear is currently offline  MXGear
Nice one! But, if you made it a bit more balanced it'd probably end up being better. I find that this game's so easy already, anything that makes it easier kinda takes away from the game. Nice effects though. I especially like the rolling thunder one.

BTW, is it a brand new spell or does it replace an existing one?

Hi, this spot is reserved for a witty comment, please leave.
Re: Black Magic Fireball Spells. [message #15008 is a reply to message #15004] Tue, 05 December 2006 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It replaces the fireball spell. Sadly, I don't know enough to balance it. As I said, it was mainly for my own use, so in all honesty, I didn't even try to balance it. Didn't know how much damage it did to begin with. Once I know a little more, I'll tweak with it, maybe try to balance it.

Which reminds me. I continued to test it. It turns out, it still retains it's fireball side-effects. It does increase in damage when used on the undead.
Re: Black Magic Fireball Spells. [message #15011 is a reply to message #15008] Tue, 05 December 2006 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Seventh Machine wrote on Tue, 05 December 2006 21:11

It does increase in damage when used on the undead.

That at least means the fireball modifier doesn't come from the SHOTs. It comes from the spell itself. My first assumption is hardcoded into the game. The ARMOUR uses this modifier for damage.

As for the mod itself. Neat!

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Black Magic Fireball Spells. [message #15089 is a reply to message #15004] Fri, 08 December 2006 15:15 Go to previous message
Well, I guess the Mana cost is hardcoded, too. Unless I'm not searching the right places. I wanted to make level 3 and 4 cost double of the original fireball spell for those levels.

Anyway, I made an alternate version of the mod, which replaces the 11-shot dark fireball with the 5-shot dark fireball. (used by Jack while hovering in the Chamber of Fate)

Below is a .ZIP archive, with the original FMP, the beta balanced version, and the alternate FMP.
Previous Topic: New Intro Videos[PC & XBOX]
Next Topic: Rich Wives Everywhere!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:30:36 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01039 seconds