Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Will Restyle
Will Restyle [message #15016] Wed, 06 December 2006 13:01 Go to next message
saundersma is currently offline  saundersma

I'm atementing to redo the will effect such as the marking glows and may be the lightening spell so it changes colour with alimement gold for good red fro eivl and some gradents inbetween. so my frist qusetion is this posiable? After that I would be grateful for some pointers as I am a noob Embarassed to moding fable but I hope to do this pet project manly on my own as I like chalenages and im really bored at the minet ( my girl friend and a lot of my mates are grounded untill next year at lest Crying or Very Sad )My frist prioraty is for the evil style on it own and ill move on from there.

P.S Thank you for help with this and all furter project and ur brillent programs many FE as ive only really tryed that yet.
P.P.S I am sorry for my über bad spelling and gramer as I am LAZY when it come to englis as well as being dislexic if u can't unerdstan some thing plz pm me or say so. As I will take no ofence Smile
Update log:
6/12/06 2143
done a simpel recolour of the will textur needs testing/ adding to game currntly don't know how nay help would be a grand help
7/12/06 1026
made simple recolour darker still yet to test but i hope it looks better this stage is proving much easyer than I thorught it would be now moving on to lightening and the hand glow then may be eyes ( I may just use some of the ones all redy in game)

[Updated on: Thu, 07 December 2006 02:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Will Re style [message #15017 is a reply to message #15016] Wed, 06 December 2006 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
While, I admire your efforts. You may want to darken the textures. Somehow I don't think Pink is an evil color. At least, not in a "villainous evil" way. Smile See, I've taken some screen shots.

Pink eyeliner
Pink chest
Pink back

I hope I don't come off as sounding like a jerk. Hope everything goes well for you. I'd love to help, but I don't have Photo shop or anything like that. And somehow, I don't think MS Paint will do the job.

Suggestion, though. Would you be willing to add a villainous texture for the will eyes as well? For those of us with slightly darker intentions, but not ready to make that leap into black and red miasma and horns?
Re: Will Re style [message #15032 is a reply to message #15016] Wed, 06 December 2006 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
As far as I can tell it's not possible to change spells dynamically based on alignment.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Will Re style [message #15042 is a reply to message #15017] Thu, 07 December 2006 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lmao. Yeah I haven't had time to test the colours as im not to sure how to put them in game with FE. I'll darken them as that was a simply changeing the blues to reds job. so my big question is would i be able to say in a script if allment -100% - <-55% one set of spells will glows and tattos if -55% - <0% another set 0% to <55% and 55% - 100% another set? and how do I put texturs in to the game it must be really easy but I couldn't seem to work it out last night.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15044 is a reply to message #15016] Thu, 07 December 2006 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
You'd only be able to do it with the Will Tattoo's/Effects. Not the Spell effects.

Also. As far as I know you can't tie them to 2 stats.

The HeroMorph hasn't been thoroughly tested though. I don't know what every variable does. And the only thing I've ever done to it was fix the layers.

Edit:Oh and add clothing.
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1359& ;amp ;start=0&

I played with the layering around page 6 of the gallery.
http://fable.pe-ell.net/gallery/randomtlc?page=1

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 December 2006 02:46]

Re: Will Restyle [message #15045 is a reply to message #15016] Thu, 07 December 2006 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well theres only one way to find out for sure and thats by trying. Ah good trail and error scripting/progaming how much I have miss thou Dead But frist I'll start work on testing and working out how to change the color of the glow and lightening for now then ill start the good looking one a bit more golden Smile
Re: Will Restyle [message #15046 is a reply to message #15045] Thu, 07 December 2006 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
saundersma wrote on Thu, 07 December 2006 04:49

But frist I'll start work on testing and working out how to change the color of the glow and lightening for now then ill start the good looking one a bit more golden Smile

Thats going to be another tough one. The effect files aren't fully cracked. I believe Silver may have worked on an application to read/edit them. If not you'd have to use a Hex Editor. I think FE may also not fully support the sprite type they use.

I'll try and add what we have of the File Spec to the wiki.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15047 is a reply to message #15016] Thu, 07 December 2006 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

YaY fun oh well any way how do I import my new txturs in to FE and what format do you recomend as I think BMP will lose its qualty.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15048 is a reply to message #15047] Thu, 07 December 2006 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
saundersma wrote on Thu, 07 December 2006 04:58

YaY fun oh well any way how do I import my new txturs in to FE and what format do you recomend as I think BMP will lose its qualty.

FE uses DDS (Direct Draw Surface) natively.

http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=utilities:fable_expl orer#texture_entries

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15049 is a reply to message #15016] Thu, 07 December 2006 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

kk ill run a quck cheak for the paint shop plugin i saw i link on the site some where. Ok got them I'll convet them into .dds and import them and run a few tests soon Smile ugh how do i make it so its not all red round the pattens cos when i tryed my bmp i had a vilet mask and now it dosen't or dosent it matter because i dont want red skin

[Updated on: Thu, 07 December 2006 03:26]

Re: Will Restyle [message #15051 is a reply to message #15016] Thu, 07 December 2006 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seventh Machine is currently offline  Seventh Machine
You mean that extra red color around the will marks themselves? That should not show up on the hero. I didn't alter any of the files when i took the screen shots, and as you can see, he doesn't look sun burnt. Very Happy

Also, .TGA files seem to work well.. I think? I don't know. but I use them and there hasn't been an problems.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15052 is a reply to message #15051] Thu, 07 December 2006 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator
Seventh Machine wrote on Thu, 07 December 2006 06:17

Also, .TGA files seem to work well.. I think? I don't know. but I use them and there hasn't been an problems.

FE will convert any supported filetype to DDS upon import. But some filetypes suffer from quality loss when doing so.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15053 is a reply to message #15016] Thu, 07 December 2006 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ah ok well I tryed and nothing had changed well I'll give it another go later after I've hunted what in doing wrong in the wiki then ill move on to other things I dont know what as im wont be moveing on to the effects today as im not to sure how to edit them but i belive ive traked down where there are Smile oops im a prat I forgot to save what i did dhur *hit his head*

Um.. I have a problem I cant load any saves now Sad I've tryed re backing up and trying agan but its not working what DXT should i use ill try 3 now ill get back it i slove what im doing wrong

[Updated on: Thu, 07 December 2006 09:51]

Re: Will Restyle [message #15063 is a reply to message #15053] Thu, 07 December 2006 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augmented-Pickaxe is currently offline  Augmented-Pickaxe
You may find this useful as DDS is the native format for many games, not just this one.

NVIDIA released a nifty DDS plugin for Adobe Photoshop which can be found here: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.htm l

Current Projects:
- Fable: A Hero's Journey
- A Kind of Evil: A true Fable
Re: Will Restyle [message #15081 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 08 December 2006 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah I've got that had it for jasc and redownloaded it for CS2 but when ever i change the texturs the game refuss to load my saves Sad any ideas about what to do

[Updated on: Fri, 08 December 2006 04:11]

Re: Will Restyle [message #15082 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 08 December 2006 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Can you still start new games ?

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15083 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 08 December 2006 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Um... I dont think so but im at school at the min so I carnt cheak so Ill get back to you on this but i think i tryed and failed. unless ive mucked up the alphers Embarassed

[Updated on: Fri, 08 December 2006 06:51]

Re: Will Restyle [message #15086 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 08 December 2006 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
If you can't start new games it's probably a sign that the archive itself is damaged.

But what we put there.
Re: Will Restyle [message #15088 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 08 December 2006 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

New games work going to use the trainer to test out the will stuff then if I like it i move on to effects Rolling Eyes Ugh I am a FUCKING RETARD Sad I copyed the old txturs.big so i couldplay the game and for got so i still havent got it to work what DXT and alpher shall i use? cos ive spent 2 days trying to get it to work now and I fell pritty stupid Crying or Very Sad Embarassed

[Updated on: Fri, 08 December 2006 13:58]

Re: Will Restyle [message #16503 is a reply to message #15016] Tue, 06 February 2007 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
demonking44 is currently offline  demonking44

Sad sorry forr your friends but cool mod Razz

Do I Know You?
Re: Will Re style [message #16510 is a reply to message #15017] Wed, 07 February 2007 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

Seventh Machine wrote on Wed, 06 December 2006 14:05

While, I admire your efforts. You may want to darken the textures. Somehow I don't think Pink is an evil color. At least, not in a "villainous evil" way. Smile See, I've taken some screen shots.

Pink eyeliner
Pink chest
Pink back

I hope I don't come off as sounding like a jerk. Hope everything goes well for you. I'd love to help, but I don't have Photo shop or anything like that. And somehow, I don't think MS Paint will do the job.

Suggestion, though. Would you be willing to add a villainous texture for the will eyes as well? For those of us with slightly darker intentions, but not ready to make that leap into black and red miasma and horns?

someone's been playing too much dark crusade as chaos Wink

no you wont understand if you havent played the game

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Will Restyle [message #16913 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 02 March 2007 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

omg I've total forgot about this project. Btw I think the I,ve fixed the pinkness but I keep messing my pc up wit this mod F:TLC dosnt like my .fmp Sad I truned all rainbow. Well has any one found out how i may change the glows on eyes and hands I found a lead but I forgot it Embarassed I think i found some texturs that might change it and I also need to work out alinement shift for the colour or off it man I think I've dug my self a hole but I still got my old files for it so I'll see what I did. All help= Very Happy (all help welcome and thanked may take me a hell oh a lot of time im way behind on C/W atm)

The .fmp is included dont know if it works or what it did for me or atlest I think most of it did I'll also include the basic files (in the zip) I may have changed them but its a huge amount of versons I've got.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 April 2007 12:06]

Re: Will Restyle [message #17866 is a reply to message #16913] Sun, 08 April 2007 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fable24man is currently offline  fable24man
what do you mean buy the name of the fmp (Will remake. evil only, skin only.fmp) it only appers if your evil ? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Re: Will Restyle [message #17893 is a reply to message #15016] Mon, 09 April 2007 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I mean its just the evil skint textures it replaces the standed blue tatoo things and makes them red
Re: Will Restyle [message #17894 is a reply to message #17893] Mon, 09 April 2007 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ?
well i just did the same thing lol
Rolling Eyes Razz Embarassed
Re: Will Restyle [message #17895 is a reply to message #15016] Mon, 09 April 2007 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Lol ive been trying to change the lighening textures and morph from golden-blue-red but im not shure how to do it or where i left my fable game case Embarassed
Re: Will Restyle [message #17896 is a reply to message #17895] Mon, 09 April 2007 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol go look at my mods and questson no one (uslye )ever replys Sad i cant spell sorry

[Updated on: Mon, 09 April 2007 12:10]

Re: Will Restyle [message #32770 is a reply to message #15016] Tue, 23 October 2007 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Omega Meckberg is currently offline  Omega Meckberg
Err.... hi, I'm new here, and this mod was the most interestring for my. I was trying to mod the will tattoos myself, I changed the color, replaced my new .bmp for the old lightblue ones, and... the game crushes ._.U
I don't know what I'm doing wrong (I'm reading the thread while i write this).
I open the FE, go to the texture.big, search for the WILL (ARMS, LEGS, FACE, BACK, TORSO, and EYES), replace the image, aplly changes, Save as textures.big, replace the file from the folder game with the one i modified. Close FE, Open FableTLC, and when i load at the point I left, the game crushes ._.U

I'll handle you a Zip with the my Photoshopped .bmp's

Note I: Please, somebody helps me TT-TT (Oh, I can change the color of any pic, I studied Photoshop)

EDIT: If you ask me WHY I made the eye like that (similar, but not the same as JoB, it'e because of this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/TheDarkPrince. jpg
Dark Prince, from PoP:TTT >_> It's cool. (I'm thinking how to make the Fable character to change between the Prince and the Dark Prince, from Prince of Persia, but that's another story).

EDIT II: Hey, the Prince of Persia has the same legs as Jack of Blades O_o

-Will be ready some day-

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2007 11:30]

Re: Will Restyle [message #32827 is a reply to message #32770] Tue, 23 October 2007 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HodgePodge is currently offline  HodgePodge
Upon import, set the Alpha to zero. You would've found plenty of questions like this had you searched.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/HawjPawj/PONG.gif
Re: Will Restyle [message #34535 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 23 November 2007 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Just to let people know this is now nigh on dead, manly due to me snapping my fable disc Sad during an act of extreme stupidity while getting it out of the case Embarassed but any one who want to carry on my work if there is such a person I will dig up all the files I can witch my be stingy due to the fact that I've reformatted the C: drive now.

But if people are interested I could still satart up work as i have fable with a no cd hack on my pc so I can still play the game as I'm finding it hard to find a copy for sale.
Re: Will Restyle [message #34538 is a reply to message #15016] Fri, 23 November 2007 16:21 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
You must be in a bad area. Here you can find at least a half dozen copies in any branch of Game/Gamestation/Virgin Megastores (Zavvi)/HMV/PC World.

But what we put there.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 November 2007 16:29]

Previous Topic: Evil Guild
Next Topic: Halo Armor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:11:23 PDT 2024