Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » sorry people, im not sure what to do.
icon5.gif  sorry people, im not sure what to do. [message #15217] Sun, 17 December 2006 18:07 Go to next message
kamahl is currently offline  kamahl
i understand the basics of putting stuff in the place of other things, like a iron sword in a chest where a rez. vial would normaly be. but im not sure how to get to the place where you change the things, or what to do at all really...lol.
can anyone respond in a private message, or on this topic, as to what i should be doing?
basicly in general i need soem one to talk me through it once or twice, and how to get started. i know its a newb thing, but thats what i am when it comes to fable modding.
ive beaten the game to the point where i need no help at all, and i knwo exactly where everything is on it. (i think round 10 100% complete profiles and a few where i did just mage and get just will, or be just some one who uses a bow, that kinda thing.)
and instead of anoying the top people, i decided to post here, because you have no help forum Sad.
thanks for the help!

(and yes, i do knwo there s asearch function, and im using it, but i was just wondering if i could get some personal help, some one i can ask a question and they ansewer to me, not just a general ansewer one would find on the forums)

[Updated on: Sun, 17 December 2006 18:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: sorry people, im not sure what to do. [message #15218 is a reply to message #15217] Sun, 17 December 2006 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
There are 2 kinds of editing. (More for advanced ADVANCED users).

Level Scripting and Bin Editing.

Level scripting is the placing of items/creatures into the game world.
This is done by using the Free Roam App to extract the level scripts into thier override directory and then editing them using either a text editor or Albion Explorer.

Bin Editing is editing the basic properties of the items and creatures that you then place into the level scripts.
Fable Explorer opens up to Game.bin by default. And then arranges everything into categories.

The Cdefs are sub-properties that are attached to the main items.

Such as OBJECT_IRON_SWORD has CWeaponDef and CInventoryDef attached to it that says "This is a weapon that can be placed in the inventory".

Bin editing doesn't have nearly the amount of documentation behind it that level scripting does. It's relatively new and a lot of the stuff contained in it is still unknown. Both in name and in function. A lot of experimenting needs to be done with it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: sorry people, im not sure what to do. [message #15222 is a reply to message #15218] Mon, 18 December 2006 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so if i wanted to get the singing sword...what type of stuff would i do? would i use the explorer and do it? or how can i do stuff like change my stats round and make my guy buff as a kid and stuff like that?
Re: sorry people, im not sure what to do. [message #15223 is a reply to message #15222] Mon, 18 December 2006 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
kamahl wrote on Mon, 18 December 2006 23:22

ok, so if i wanted to get the singing sword...what type of stuff would i do? would i use the explorer and do it? or how can i do stuff like change my stats round and make my guy buff as a kid and stuff like that?

Well first you'd have to create the Singing Sword. Because it doesn't exist.

The kid part of the game doesn't have access to experiance. You'd have to modify the bones. Use the Search function of the forum for plenty of information regarding that.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: sorry people, im not sure what to do. [message #15224 is a reply to message #15223] Mon, 18 December 2006 21:50 Go to previous message
ok, thanks for the help.
so, if i find a file for, say the jack of blades character model, can i replace that for my own guy? for one of his outfits, like the hooded aprentice robe?
or would it just be jack of blades, no matter the outfit i had?
again, dorry for the dumb questions.
Previous Topic: Save Games
Next Topic: Noob, noob, noob noob
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:40:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01099 seconds