Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » I could use a hand..
I could use a hand.. [message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 06:09 Go to next message
mister-squid is currently offline  mister-squid
How do I import .fmp files into my game, or a Mod game? I'm fairly new to this modding business, but I have no choioce because the game itself is unsatisfying. It needs something more than what it already has. These mods are a good start, But it would be cool to see new areas and things too.

Please could someone give me a rundown on extracting .fmp files?
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15320 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Theres no need to "extract" fmp files.

To use them you need to open Fable Explorer and then go to the "Load FMP" option on the toolbar, It's under File I think.

Once you have done this, pick the fmp you want to add to the game and choose "open".

Wait a while for the changes to be loaded and then hit "Save Mods and Run Fable".

If you really want to see whats in an FMP file, rename it to .big instead of .fmp and load it.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15322 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aha, thanks ^_^ But where would they appear in Fable? Or would they just materialise in my inventory?
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15324 is a reply to message #15322] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NarCiuss is currently offline  NarCiuss
mister-squid wrote on Mon, 25 December 2006 09:15

Aha, thanks ^_^ But where would they appear in Fable? Or would they just materialise in my inventory?

If it is an item you would need to spawn it in a chest by changing the .tng file.

I R TEH MEAt cleAVER!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/NarCiuss/Demosthenes2.jpg
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15325 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So basically, to use the items that I downloaded, I'd just edit the .tng and replace the chest contents value with something else?

Where is the .tng, or is that on Albion or FableExp? Whenever I try to mod something on Exp, it just gives me an error message. and doesn't do anything.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15327 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Tng files are compiled into the FinalAlbion.wad file.

Get the free roam app (you will need to have the microsoft .net framework v1 installed before it will run) and extract the wad as per the instructions.

You will then end up with a folder full of .tng files.

But what we put there.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15329 is a reply to message #15325] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mister-squid wrote on Mon, 25 December 2006 10:35

So basically, to use the items that I downloaded, I'd just edit the .tng and replace the chest contents value with something else?

Where is the .tng, or is that on Albion or FableExp? Whenever I try to mod something on Exp, it just gives me an error message. and doesn't do anything.

Ok first go download this: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=29&s tart=0&

Then go to your levels folder most likely in D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels

Next make a new folder in there called FinalAblion.

Use the progarm you downloaded to extract the files in FinalAlbion.wad into the FinalAblion folder.

Then move the FinalAlbion.wad somewhere else.

Next open the FinalAlbion folder and open the .tng file that you want to add your item too. For example the DemonDoor_Guild.tng. Then scroll down till you find DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE"; and under that you will see ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_blah_blah"; and you add whateva you want here but if you want more than one item you need to chang the [0] every time to [1], [2], [3] and so on.

I R TEH MEAt cleAVER!

Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15330 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got it figured, thanks for the help. Only problem is I can't get it to actually appear in game ;D

Must be doing something wrong.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15331 is a reply to message #15330] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mister-squid wrote on Mon, 25 December 2006 10:46

I've got it figured, thanks for the help. Only problem is I can't get it to actually appear in game ;D

Must be doing something wrong.

What are you trying to do?

I R TEH MEAt cleAVER!

Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15333 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well at the moment, change the Elixir of Life into an Iron Longsword (to get it right first). So I'm changing the OBJECT_SUPER_HEALTH_POTION into OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD. Or do I have to have the Elixir plus whatever else i put in there?
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15334 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
You can add/replace items in a chest or bookcase to your hearts content. The only thing to do is ensure the object name is spelt correctly and that the UID has been altered as I mentioned in the other post.

But what we put there.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 December 2006 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15335 is a reply to message #15334] Mon, 25 December 2006 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan wrote on Mon, 25 December 2006 10:54

You can add/replace items in a chest or bookcase to your hearts content. The only thing to do is ensure the object name is spelt correctly and that the UID has been altered as I mentioned in the other post.

I never have changed the UID. The only reason you need to change the UID is if the chest has already been open.

Anywhoo Mister-Squid the text should look like this then:

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446741874686296067;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 40.078613;
PositionY 22.092041;
PositionZ 5.0;
RHSetForwardX 0.0;
RHSetForwardY 0.999994;
RHSetForwardZ 0.0;
RHSetUpX 0.0;
RHSetUpY 0.0;
RHSetUpZ 0.999994;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

I R TEH MEAt cleAVER!

Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15342 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even your one didn't work. It's beginning to frustrate me that it's probably the single most easy thing to do, change the contents of a chest. And I can't get it to work.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15343 is a reply to message #15342] Mon, 25 December 2006 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mister-squid wrote on Mon, 25 December 2006 11:15

Even your one didn't work. It's beginning to frustrate me that it's probably the single most easy thing to do, change the contents of a chest. And I can't get it to work.

I dono what to tell you man that is how it should be unless there is some unknown factor we are missing, which there isnt. I suggest you could try to reinstall Fable and then try it again?!?

I R TEH MEAt cleAVER!

Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15344 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would be so much easier if there was a modding tool that was completely graphically interactive. Like the Red Alert 2 Map Editor.. Choose where to put a chest on a map, and choose the contents from a list, type of thing. Don't spose there's anything so simple.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15345 is a reply to message #15344] Mon, 25 December 2006 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mister-squid wrote on Mon, 25 December 2006 11:24

It would be so much easier if there was a modding tool that was completely graphically interactive. Like the Red Alert 2 Map Editor.. Choose where to put a chest on a map, and choose the contents from a list, type of thing. Don't spose there's anything so simple.

Negative, life isnt that simple here... unfortunately Sad

I R TEH MEAt cleAVER!

Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15346 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone should make one, based on that FableExplorer thing that lets you place new objects. Just simplify it a lot ;D

I think i'll call it day, I'm getting too annoyed with Fable. Just wanted to learn so i could make the game more interesting anyway.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15351 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
UID's are not only tracked if you have opened them before but also if you have "seen" them before. Whether you have opened the chest or not is secondary.

If you don't like how the tools we provide are then feel free to make one yourself.

Hunter spent a long time on FableExplorer and only a Limited number of users have had any problems with it. Most of them being accounted to user error. The same can be said for Baystone and his map modifying application - Albion Explorer.

Both can hardly be considered difficult to use and in fact have been made a lot more simple than they could have been. They only require the correct setup of the .net framework (as a lot of programs do these days) and a modicum of intelliegence and common sense.

As I have said previously a lot of the problems experienced are strictly down to user error, people extracting the wad file but not renaming or removing it for example. This results in the game only reading from the .wad file and ignoring any changes to the extracted .tng files. A simple error but one still experienced fairly often and still wrongly blamed on the applications.

But what we put there.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15353 is a reply to message #15318] Mon, 25 December 2006 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well maybe it's my .net setup, but I still only get error messages when I try to apply any changes to anything.
Re: I could use a hand.. [message #15367 is a reply to message #15344] Tue, 26 December 2006 08:59 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
mister-squid wrote on Mon, 25 December 2006 13:24

Beggers can't be choosers. Find someone with the time to code it.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: weapon effects?
Next Topic: title vendor with all titles?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:06:03 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01073 seconds