Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Model swaps
Model swaps [message #15542] Mon, 01 January 2007 22:02 Go to next message
Gunzasaurusn00b is currently offline  Gunzasaurusn00b
Im wanting to swap the Hero model with the balverine and have the clawing attack of the balverine but i can only have the balverine model walk like south park
Re: Model swaps [message #15546 is a reply to message #15542] Tue, 02 January 2007 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
This is because the animations of the hero and the balverine are different. You may be using the Balverines model but the hero's animations are being applied to it.

There may well be a way to mess with the animations are improve things a bit but I wouldn't expect too much.

Bluetooth would know more about this.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Model swaps [message #15547 is a reply to message #15542] Tue, 02 January 2007 00:59 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Swap the CAppearanceDef.

With some heavy tinkering using Silver's CAppearanceDef editor you could theoretically fix any issues arising from the swap. Such as not being able to walk or run as the balverine. I used that app to merge Whisper's staff actions into the Hero's CAppearanceDef.

Edit:

Some extra info.

The CAppearanceDef controls what animation an action uses. As well as sets up combo moves and recoils.

The "SWORD", "HEAVY_SWORD", "THROWN_OBJECT", strings listed in the CWeapondef? Those are linked there to their anims. Same with expressions I beleive.

Any action that doesn't exist in the CAppearanceDef cannot be done by the Hero. So if the Balverine was missing "WALK". Well you couldn't walk. But most likely could RUN. This was an issue with the staff animations.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 January 2007 01:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: small disk problem
Next Topic: Creating a new hero (Can it be done)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 01:16:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01064 seconds