Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » That Axe just doesn't feel right
icon7.gif  That Axe just doesn't feel right [message #15605] Wed, 03 January 2007 08:04 Go to next message
Consequenz is currently offline  Consequenz
I've Got a Problem. It didnt feel good to rain terror down on Albion wielding a massive Axe so i just looked for axes on the site and in the game.bin that suited me. Guess what the "villager axe" was just perfect Nice and old school. but anyway when i was trying to wield it. i Saw that the axe blade wasn't pointing the right way. Is there anyway to fix this? Rolling Eyes
if there is i would be the happiest/evil hero there is Surprised . But if there isn't i guess i'll be doomed to Slice some heads off with those huge axes Very Happy
(Btw that is the problem with the other villager axe too)
so to get to the point it would be nice someone made a fmps for both the axes that fixes them , Or someone can simply tell me how to do it Smug
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3293/312007163551vf3.jpg http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1166/312007163646jc6.jpg

for every choice a ~Consequenz~

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2007 07:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: That Axe just doesn't feel right [message #15606 is a reply to message #15605] Wed, 03 January 2007 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linkadink is currently offline  linkadink
I'd say it's either the handlers on the axe, or the mesh itself which is pointing the wrong way.
How did you go about this? Did you just swap models?

The best thing you can do is export one of the Hero's axes, import that into a 3D program (3Ds Max or Milkshape 3D). Then import the Villager's axe and align it to the Hero's axe. And put the handlers in the right position.

Export and use that mesh for your axe. Just make sure that in the 3D program, the villager's axe is pointing in the same direction as the hero's axe.

I can't help you with an fmp, I'm afraid, I'm still learning all that myself.
icon14.gif  Re: That Axe just doesn't feel right [message #15611 is a reply to message #15605] Wed, 03 January 2007 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks buddy i appreciate that.

Re: That Axe just doesn't feel right [message #15641 is a reply to message #15605] Wed, 03 January 2007 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
They are Helpers. Not handlers.

More specifically you want to rotate the HDMY_Weapon_focus_01. Be aware that this rotates it for the NPC as well. So they'll now be holding it backwards instead. Unless you create a new object for it seperate from the old one.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: That Axe just doesn't feel right [message #15644 is a reply to message #15641] Wed, 03 January 2007 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linkadink is currently offline  linkadink
Oops, helpers, that's right. In 3Ds Max you can select them by bringing up the selection list by pressing "H" (because the helpers seem to be invisible in the programme).
Re: That Axe just doesn't feel right [message #15645 is a reply to message #15644] Wed, 03 January 2007 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
linkadink wrote on Thu, 04 January 2007 00:25

(because the helpers seem to be invisible in the programme).

That's becuase they are just dummy objects. They have no mesh. And they aren't bones. They are just points in 3D space to tell the game to attach something to it.

They exist solely as an XYZ coordinate.

Helper Points - HPNT - XYZ
Helper Dummy - HMDY - XYZ + rotation.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
icon14.gif  Re: That Axe just doesn't feel right [message #15654 is a reply to message #15605] Thu, 04 January 2007 02:30 Go to previous message
as long as it isnt me wielding it backwards Very Happy

Previous Topic: Creating a new hero (Can it be done)
Next Topic: I need to know how to do something
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:10:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01528 seconds