Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person.
icon14.gif  This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person. [message #15714] Fri, 05 January 2007 14:46 Go to next message
Dark_Staff is currently offline  Dark_Staff
Ok as I said I would in my post "I want to walk like all of the other people in the world" this is how you do it Very Happy

Ok the first thing that you want to do is get the Fable Explorer tool.

Next when it is extracted to were ever you want it open it.

Then you will see a list of .big files in the upper left corner.

You then want to double click on the graphics.big file.

You will now get two (mabye more if you have mods I really don't know) you want to expand the one that is named MBANK_ALLMESHES.

You will notice that there is a shit load of files here, but you only really need 4 of them. (DON'T DELETE ANYTHING)

Scroll down until you start seeing ANIM_HERO_what evever. (mind you this could take some time but its worth it)

Now keep going until you see a file called ANIM_HERO_JOG

You will now want to double click it, which will open up a new window on the mid to upper right. There will be buttons in the box.

You want to first click on the button under Sub Headers that called export. You will have a save window open. Save the file as "Jog Sub". Then do the same in the data part but call it Jog Data. (It will ask you about compression just click yes)

You will do the same thing for the file ANIM_HERO_JOG_WITH_SWORD.
(Just make the name approate to the WITH_SWORD part)

The last two steps are for backup purposes and you are never to delete them.

This is the next step. Scroll down sum more until you see a file called ANIM_HERO_WALK.

Repeat what you did with the ANIM_HERO_JOG (just change what it is called to fit the file name).

Ok now it is the final steps.

You want to scroll back up to the ANIM_HERO_JOG file and double click it. Instead of clicking export you want to click import.

You will now get a load menu. You want to use the Walk Sub (or what ever you called it) and the Walk Data (or what ever you called it).

This is the final step.

You want to scroll to the ANIM_HERO_JOG_WITH_SWORD file and repeat what you just did with the ANIM_HERO_JOG, but use the file Walk sword sub (or whatever you called it) and the file Walk sword data (or whatever you called it) and now you want to goto the title menu called Actions. Click on the save mod. (you might get an error as Fable is loading but thats ok.

After you close fable click the ok button in fable explorer and now you can reboot the game (if you did get en error just click the continue anyways button) load your game and enjoy. ****

**** you might get a black screen when the game has loaded but to fix that just press ALT+TAB to minimize fable or whatever and then restore it and the walk forward and enjoy a nice walk throught this beautiful land.

There is one that I forgot. There is also a file called ANIM_HERO_LONG_BOW_JOG that you will need to do the same thing as the steps above.

I am still looking for the Crossbow one but as of yet I can't find it.

I'm gona beat you like a bad stepchild and when you get to hell tell`em I sent you, you'll get a group discount

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2007 14:17] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person. [message #15716 is a reply to message #15714] Fri, 05 January 2007 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dante_yamoshaki is currently offline  Dante_yamoshaki

Acctually for those lazy to do it here is the Big file you can replace it with(however i only made it so you walk without a sword...cause you need to be fast when in battle in my opinion Very Happy) just back up the graphics file in the Fable data directory and use put this file here (BACK IT UP FIRST!)

-edit-
Good thing I backed up that file beacuase it gose all screwy with that file....looks like you lazy people will have to stop being lazy!

Guildmaster: I sense that you are completely evil yet you have no horns or any red smoke around you...
Dante:oh...about that....you should probbally look in a mirror...
*A LESSON! never mess with magic that you don't know how to use!

[Updated on: Fri, 05 January 2007 17:06]

Re: This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person. [message #15751 is a reply to message #15716] Sat, 06 January 2007 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dark_Staff is currently offline  Dark_Staff
True. Im not really good with mods (exept in Morrowind). So this will of course take some time and there might be bugs. The one that I have noticed is sometimes if you are walking up a hill (semi-steep) you will studder allitle bit, but it is almost un-noticable (but it still bothers me so I will try to figure out why its happening) I am also new to this game (as in I just got it a few weeks ago)

I'm gona beat you like a bad stepchild and when you get to hell tell`em I sent you, you'll get a group discount

[Updated on: Sat, 06 January 2007 14:13]

Re: This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person. [message #44840 is a reply to message #15714] Fri, 15 August 2008 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axl21 is currently offline  Axl21
Is there any way to replace the walk animation with the stalking animation instead?
Re: This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person. [message #47420 is a reply to message #15714] Fri, 21 November 2008 03:45 Go to previous message
sykokid is currently offline  sykokid
this worked really nicely, thank you.
Previous Topic: I have a question on changing what a weapon shoots. (I've searched for about an hour for the answer)
Next Topic: Aging Rate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:12:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01169 seconds