Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Adding Items to Containers
Adding Items to Containers [message #15851] Thu, 11 January 2007 22:05 Go to next message
MBDavenport is currently offline  MBDavenport
Okay so was reading some tutorials on spawning chests yourself but no matter how closely I follow the directions nothing worked. So I decided to take a different approach. I said to myself, "Max," I said, "Why not try adding items to existing containers?"

Wellp I tried that and- you guess it- it's not working. Now, I'm only using the knowledge I've gleaned from other player questions and a collection of tutorials (some half-assed and some rather expansive), mind you, so I don't expect to get this right the first time, but this is what I did, and the order in which I did it:

1.) Reinstalled Fable TLC
2.) Opened up Albion Explorer
3.) Opened up DemonDoor_Guild
4.) Opened World Editor
5.) Expanded DemonDoor_Guild category
6.) Expanded NULL category
7.) Clicked on Object[OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE], did not expand it
8.) Added 11 objects to Object[OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE] for a total of 12 objects (my 11 plus the original [OBJECT_SUPER_HEALTH_POTION]) after the first [OBJECT_SUPER_HEALTH_POTION] on a new line and using the format: ContainerContents[#] *space* "OBJECT_NAME";
9.) Applied changes, selected Object[OBJECT_GUILD_BOOKCASE_SELECT_LARGE_DD] category
10.) Added 10 objects to Object[OBJECT_GUILD_BOOKCASE_SELECT_LARGE_DD] using same format used in step 8
11.) Applied changes
12.) Closed World Editor, saved changes to file
13.) Closed Albion Explorer
14.) Ran Fable TLC
15.) Started new game, beat initial Guild tutorial
16.) Entered Demon Door at the Will testing range.
17.) Opened chest, opened both bookcases, no items. Crying or Very Sad

Hope my explanation was detailed enough. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" -Yoda

"There's only one return, and it's not of the King, it's of the Jedi!" -Randal Graves, Clerks II
Re: Adding Items to Containers [message #15854 is a reply to message #15851] Thu, 11 January 2007 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

did you change the thing in your userst.ini file to make the game use the tngs instead of the wld?

also your sig is wrong

it's "there's only one return and it's not of the king it's of t
e jedi" Very Happy

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Adding Items to Containers [message #15864 is a reply to message #15851] Fri, 12 January 2007 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The PlayerlevelWAD thing? Yeah I have it at FALSE right now I believe. I've seen people say to put it on FALSE and TRUE, FALSE was just what the last tutorial I read said.

And thanks for the correct quote lol it's been a while since I've seen the movie.

"There's only one return, and it's not of the King, it's of the Jedi!" -Randal Graves, Clerks II
Re: Adding Items to Containers [message #15882 is a reply to message #15864] Fri, 12 January 2007 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcopolo is currently offline  Marcopolo

yea it should be false then make sure that you dont have the finalalbion.wad in the levels file still

There once was a member of this land,
a humorous posting he planned,
but when he posted,
by mods he was toasted,
and now he has found himself banned.
Re: Adding Items to Containers [message #15885 is a reply to message #15882] Fri, 12 January 2007 18:01 Go to previous message
Okay thanks MP! Gonna go see if this works.

Previous Topic: New skills...
Next Topic: help with fable explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:56:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01057 seconds