Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Warning -Trojan Found In 2 Files Here
Warning -Trojan Found In 2 Files Here [message #15865] Fri, 12 January 2007 08:46 Go to next message
Keflavik is currently offline  Keflavik
Both of Hesperus' files in the utilities section are infected and contain the Win32:KeyHooker-C trojan.

The files are:

- Shop Trainer
- Fable TLC Trainer +24

My anti-virus spotted this so I didn't get infected.

However, if you have downloaded these files do a virus scan with an updated virus database.

I urge the moderators to remove these files before anyone gets infected.
Re: Warning -Trojan Found In 2 Files Here [message #15866 is a reply to message #15865] Fri, 12 January 2007 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
NOT AGAIN !!! Mad

This has been stated multiple times. Those files contain NO trojans, viruses or other malware.

The scanners are reporting false positives. This is due to the way in which the trainers detect keypresses.

hottkeys is a dll used by "trainermaker" it is used to detect the keystrokes of the user.

If you had taken the time to search before posting (as everyone should) you would have seen that this has been mentioned before.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2007 08:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Warning -Trojan Found In 2 Files Here [message #15867 is a reply to message #15866] Fri, 12 January 2007 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Satan wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 17:52

NOT AGAIN !!! Mad

This has been stated multiple times. Those files contain NO trojans, viruses or other malware.

The scanners are reporting false positives. This is due to the way in which the trainers detect keypresses.

hottkeys is a dll used by "trainermaker" it is used to detect the keystrokes of the user.

If you had taken the time to search before posting (as everyone should) you would have seen that this has been mentioned before.

Maybe it's an idea to mention this in the utilities section, or the posts by Hesperus, so everyone knows this when they dl the files.

(You'd probably still have idiots who fail to read it, though Rolling Eyes ...)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Warning -Trojan Found In 2 Files Here [message #15870 is a reply to message #15866] Fri, 12 January 2007 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keflavik is currently offline  Keflavik
Satan wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 08:52

NOT AGAIN !!! Mad

With respect, its not obvious that I should have done a search, and to state that I should of is rather patronising.
The files could have been infected by a hacker yesterday, today, or 3 months ago.

I did the right thing, and informed people.

Once again, with respect, if someone had taken the time to 'sticky' an announcement in that particular section stating that this issue will arise, and not to be concerned, it would have saved me from writing in the first place.

If this is a known issue with a file then the responsibility of the site is to inform the members.

No doubt, if this advice isn't tken you will see other messages saying the same as I did, in time to come.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2007 10:43]

Report message to a moderator

Reply - 'Trojan in Trainer' [message #15964 is a reply to message #15865] Wed, 17 January 2007 08:13 Go to previous message
Grant Hammerhoof is currently offline  Grant Hammerhoof

Does that mean you spontaneously download things, doing minimum research in advance to know if there is anything you should be aware of?

I don't mean to criticize you for letting people know they might get a Trojan-detection; indeed, it's a good thing you did! But if prior investigation on your behalf had been done before hand, you would probably have been forewarned that a Trojan might be detected.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/grant_hammerhoof/Grant_BuffBull_WesternSignature.png
Previous Topic: marriage
Next Topic: how do you
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:37:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01048 seconds