Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Question about the Changes I plan to make
Question about the Changes I plan to make [message #16293] Mon, 29 January 2007 20:28 Go to next message
Ravor is currently offline  Ravor
Now that I have discovered the joys of messing with the internal guts of Fable thanks to this site I have some changes that I'm planning on making and have some questions in order to make sure that I don't break anything and get what I want done...

*Character Changes

-- Removing or migating 'Old Age'
--- Ok I could delete the Old Morphs as explained in Myst's wonderful sticky thread, but when doing an unrelated search I stumbled across teh following thread:

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=15877& amp; amp;&srch=Time#msg_15877

Which raised the following question, if I set the 'Max Age' to say 20 does that mean I will simply stop aging at 20 or does that mean I will look like I'm 65 at 20? (And if its the latter then what happens if I set the Max Age to ~500 or so?)

--Removing or migating the good/evil morph
--- For this I would have to delete everything labled as 'Anti Tan' 'Light' 'Evil' under the Morph section right? I also assume that I'd have to delete the 'Evil Eyes' 'Evil Rays' 'Halo' and 'Butterflies' right? Would that also get rid of the horns that I grow or do I need to dig elsewhere to delete that?

-- Removing most of the scars
--- Ok this is easy thanks to Myst's sticky thread, but I was wondering if there were a way to tell what a scar looked like beforehand because I once got a scar which actually looked good on my character and wanted to delete everything except that one before wandering the woods naked in order to collect it.

As for a general question, what happens if I delete the Bin Entries and don't make sure that the number of 'Arrays' actually match up with what is left?

Also, exactly what file do I need to backup in order to keep from having to reinstall the entire game if I break something or simply want to go back to normal...

And finally, does Will Use *really* cause your character to go bald? And if so what do I have to do to prevent it?

Thanks,

[Updated on: Mon, 29 January 2007 20:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Question about the Changes I plan to make [message #16294 is a reply to message #16293] Mon, 29 January 2007 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Ravor wrote on Mon, 29 January 2007 22:28

Now that I have discovered the joys of messing with the internal guts of Fable thanks to this site I have some changes that I'm planning on making and have some questions in order to make sure that I don't break anything and get what I want done...

*Character Changes

-- Removing or migating 'Old Age'
--- Ok I could delete the Old Morphs as explained in Myst's wonderful sticky thread, but when doing an unrelated search I stumbled across teh following thread:

http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=15877& amp; amp; amp;&srch=Time#msg_15877

Which raised the following question, if I set the 'Max Age' to say 20 does that mean I will simply stop aging at 20 or does that mean I will look like I'm 65 at 20? (And if its the latter then what happens if I set the Max Age to ~500 or so?)

--Removing or migating the good/evil morph
--- For this I would have to delete everything labled as 'Anti Tan' 'Light' 'Evil' under the Morph section right? I also assume that I'd have to delete the 'Evil Eyes' 'Evil Rays' 'Halo' and 'Butterflies' right? Would that also get rid of the horns that I grow or do I need to dig elsewhere to delete that?

-- Removing most of the scars
--- Ok this is easy thanks to Myst's sticky thread, but I was wondering if there were a way to tell what a scar looked like beforehand because I once got a scar which actually looked good on my character and wanted to delete everything except that one before wandering the woods naked in order to collect it.

As for a general question, what happens if I delete the Bin Entries and don't make sure that the number of 'Arrays' actually match up with what is left?

Also, exactly what file do I need to backup in order to keep from having to reinstall the entire game if I break something or simply want to go back to normal...

And finally, does Will Use *really* cause your character to go bald? And if so what do I have to do to prevent it?

Thanks,

Wooooo. Sensible questions!

1)The min/Max age is the looks. So setting max to 20 would make you look 65 at 20.

2)You simply want to remove everything related to the stat you don't want. Which is where the wiki comes in handy. http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:player_s tats

The Horns are a special case. They are a clothing item. OBJECT_HERO_HORNS. The controlling stat is located in the CAppearanceModifier. Setting it to 4 should stop it from appearing. Though you may need to look at the CInventoryItemDef to fix it entirely.

3)Clicking on the texture link will bring up the texture. This is layered on top of the player's base texture.

4)FE will take care of the array number when you save/save and run.

5)Unless you replaced something in the .big archives. You only need make copies of the definations.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\CompiledDefs (or where you installed fable too)

6)Evil causes baldness. In the CAppearanceModifierDef of each OBJECT_HERO_"Hair" there are 3 models in an array, along with a number controlling when one model dissappears and the next one appears. Remove the 2 balding ones and reset the Appear/Dissappear on the first one.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Question about the Changes I plan to make [message #16317 is a reply to message #16293] Tue, 30 January 2007 21:20 Go to previous message
Ravor is currently offline  Ravor
Well I've given up on the horns/evil baldness for now since I doubt it'll effect me anyways.

However, I'm not quite sure which of the 'unknown ints' control how fast the scar 'heals', I'm thinking that it must be one of the bottom three, but I'm afraid to change them for fear of breaking something...

Basically what I'm thinking about doing is making the scar take longer to 'heal' then it currently does.

Also, as an unrelated question, the discussion about the day length mentioned how to change it, but unless I missed it the 'current base value' wasn't stated, does anyone know what the current value is set at?

Thanks,

Previous Topic: remodeling clothes questions
Next Topic: Spawning Jack's Mask (wearable) - can someone help?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:45:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01167 seconds